🌎 𝔤𝔞𝔤𝔞 𝔡𝔞𝔦𝔩𝔶 𝔰𝔥𝔬𝔭 - 𝔫𝔬𝔴 𝔰𝔥𝔦𝔭𝔭𝔦𝔫𝔤 𝔴𝔬𝔯𝔩𝔡𝔴𝔦𝔡𝔢 🌏

Sign in to follow this  
society

WHO accuses rich countries of vaccine hoarding

Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus (Director-General of the World Health Organization) said it was not fair for younger, healthy people in richer nations to get the jab before vulnerable people in poorer states.

He said :"I need to be blunt: the world is on the brink of a catastrophic moral failure - and the price of this failure will be paid with lives and livelihoods in the world's poorest countries."

He added over 39 million vaccine doses had been given in 49 richer states. This compared with just 25 doses in one low-income country.

👻
  • Like 3
  • Shook 1
  • Thanks 2

bionic

Hardly vaccine hoarding, the wealthier countries can just afford to outprice poorer countries and do with them what they wish. Instead of class-shaming and sowing division, WHO should be pushing for a global vaccination effort

buy bionic
  • Like 5
  • YAAAS 1
  • Thanks 2

Bat

Ofcourse, we developed and produces those vaccins, without us nobody would have a vaccine, so ofcourse we're the first ones getting many of it. The rest can get in line or pay up, the world don't run on love, it runs on money.

scamming joanne the scammer GIF by PAPER

• Like 5
  • Shook 1
  • Sad 9

Adrenaliner
4 minutes ago, Bat said:

Ofcourse, we developed and produces those vaccins, without us nobody would have a vaccine, so ofcourse we're the first ones getting many of it. The rest can get in line or pay up, the world don't run on love, it runs on money.

I agree, but you are gonna get dragged to hell

• Like 5

LaLuna
4 minutes ago, Bat said:

What a beautiful, compassionate way of thinking :interestinga:

• Like 17
  • LMAO 1
  • Thanks 2

Cookie Woman
6 minutes ago, Bat said:

What a horrible outlook

https://youtu.be/IGWz5psncCI
  • Like 13
  • Thanks 3

Cookie Woman
2 minutes ago, Adrenaliner said:

So you know it's something worth dragging but yet you agree?

• Like 3

Adrenaliner
1 minute ago, Cookie Woman said:

So you know it's something worth dragging but yet you agree?

Well I understand the point of view, but understand the controversy behind it.

Bat
3 minutes ago, Adrenaliner said:

I know, watch everyone get on their moral high ground and drag me to the pits of hell but still buy fast fashion clothing and what not 

mean girls blow kiss GIF by Hollywood Suite

• Like 5

Gagi
15 minutes ago, Bat said:

At least someone who understands how the world works...

every one who gets offended or thinks you’re wrong must have lived on planet Venus

Edited by Gagi
  • Like 3

MJHolland

The WHO can complain and preach all they want, but the situation we find ourselves in could have been avoided if they were competent :bear:

I understand their point, but if they had their way most of us wouldn’t be vaccinated until like 2024. Rich countries have to quickly get back on track, or else we'll lose our "rich economies"/power to actually help low-income countries :saladga:

Like, with every major economy in the world on the brink of collapse, this idiot is telling us that we're not doing enough to save the world's poor?! We can't even save our poor in "rich" countries rn! :air:

Edited by MJHolland
  • Like 9

TEANUS

Carrying on the mindset of hating the rich simply because they have money and resources. As someone else said, I hardly call it hoarding. If you need a $1,000,000 life saving surgery that only one doctor can perform and you can afford it while someone else cannot, are you gonna wait for them to have the money to afford the surgery too or are you gonna use what you have to save your life?

Edited by TEANUS
British social ladies with upturned pinkies, glasses clinking // xoxoTEANUS
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 2

spicemuncher

Unfortunately, I think this was always going to be inevitable. That said, there seems to be a balancing act with countries supporting others with a number of doses too. I know Egypt is getting doses from UAE and Kuwait, for example.

Also, and this will be controversial... but the sooner the “rich countries” solve their problems, the quicker they will move on philanthropic campaigns to aid countries with more vaccine doses. Is it fair? Nope, but it will always be the case.

WHO isn’t perfect either and pointing fingers is kinda hilarious. Dr Tedrous should take some of the money WHO raised over the past 12 months and support those poorer countries too. 

• Like 6

Cookie Woman
9 minutes ago, Bat said:

I know, watch everyone get on their moral high ground and drag me to the pits of hell but still buy fast fashion clothing and what not 

mean girls blow kiss GIF by Hollywood Suite

Your points are contradictory so you just sound like a mess.

south beach tow trash GIF by RealityTVGIFs

• Like 1

alsemanche
21 minutes ago, Bat said:

This is disgusting luv 

• Thanks 14