💓 ONE YEAR OF STUPID LOVE 💓

Use code STUPIDLOVE for 20% off everything

Sign in to follow this  
politics

EU citizens leaving England but not Scotland and NI

xoxo Craig

I feel sorry that they've literally been forced out of where they call home, or where they love to study, all because of racist and xenophobic views held by the majority of people. It's really sad to see, but I can't blame them. Why stay in a place thats been very hostile towards you all because of where you are from? Of course, this is NOT a generalisation and not everyone in England will treat them the same. But Brexit was the majority held view in England 

But I hope these people know that they are always welcome here in Scotland, and that we aspire to be apart of the EU as an independent country. 

Edited by xoxo Craig
End Racism Now
  • Like 2
  • YAAAS 1
  • Love 4

Miss Dolly
1 minute ago, xoxo Craig said:

I feel sorry that they've literally been forced out of where they call home, or where they love to study, all because of racist and xenophobic views held by the majority of people. It's really sad to see, but I can't blame them. Why stay in a place thats been very hostile towards you all because of where you are from?

But I hope these people know that they are always welcome here in Scotland, and that we aspire to be apart of the EU as an independent country. 

It’s really disarming seeing the Europeans fleeing England like it’s on fire. What’s making me laugh is those Brits that are in Spain etc are complaining about Brexit.

Blue smoke is the heartbreak train

xoxo Craig
Just now, Miss Dolly said:

It’s really disarming seeing the Europeans fleeing England like it’s on fire. What’s making me laugh is those Brits that are in Spain etc are complaining about Brexit.

Well the ones living in Benidorm voted for it. I remember a SkyNews report that had a person going round the villas on the Costa Del Sol and people were saying that they agree with Brexit WHILE living in an EU country reaping all the benefits of the EU :smh: 

The thing is, it shouldn't have had to hit people in the face to realise that Brexit was a bad idea. Now all the fishermen who voted for it are going nuts and calling for the Government to do something, trade is a lot more difficult, and countries such as Spain are thinking about kicking out the ex-Pats :smh: "this is not what we voted for" yes it was, and it's too late to do anything about it. 

But the EU nationals who called England their home or they loved to study here have been forced to flee by actions of other people and I don’t think thats right. Its pretty disgusting tbh... 

End Racism Now
  • Love 2

Miss Dolly
2 minutes ago, xoxo Craig said:

Well the ones living in Benidorm voted for it. I remember a SkyNews report that had a person going round the villas on the Costa Del Sol and people were saying that they agree with Brexit WHILE living in an EU country reaping all the benefits of the EU :smh: 

The thing is, it shouldn't have had to hit people in the face to realise that Brexit was a bad idea. Now all the fishermen who voted for it are going nuts and calling for the Government to do something, trade is a lot more difficult, and countries such as Spain are thinking about kicking out the ex-Pats :smh: "this is not what we voted for" yes it was, and it's too late to do anything about it. 

But the EU nationals who called England their home or they loved to study here have been forced to flee by actions of other people and I don’t think thats right. Its pretty disgusting tbh... 

People just don’t see the benefits of being within the EU, even ‘expats’. As you’ll know Craig, it’s just pure ignorance and people weren’t willing to learn about what they receive from the EU. I am just sitting back and watching the chaos that Brexit inflicting onto the UK. I am truly feeling for the Europeans fleeing back to the EU because they are unwelcome, it’s just pure xenophobia. 

• Thanks 1

Emigrante

Does it mean you can freely live and work in Scotland and Northern Ireland after brexit? I was wondering about moving out of Poland, cause this country is driving me nuts and I literally have no rights in here, to UK, but after brexit I wonder if that is still possible. That's why I'm asking about Scotland and Northern Ireland. 

Every morning there are mountains to climb.

k00ns

I feel resentful of this point of view.

England is a deeply unequal society. The entire Vote Leave campaign duped a nation into thinking life would become better if they voted for Brexit. People were lied to. There of course was a deeply xenophobic and toxic ideology underneath it. There is definitely huge amounts of racism in England and that of course needs to be fought but the way the narrative is shaped that the rest of Europe and the UK is far more woke is just untrue. I'm so sad about Brexit but it's unfair to mock the people who voted for it because the truth is it's way more nuanced a debate than that. The majority just thought life was going to get better. F**k Boris. F**k Farage. They're the f**king liars.

• YAAAS 1

Miss Dolly
Just now, Emigrante said:

Does it mean you can freely live and work in Scotland and Northern Ireland after brexit? I was wondering about moving out of Poland, cause this country is driving me nuts and I literally have no rights in here, to UK, but after brexit I wonder if that is still possible. That's why I'm asking about Scotland and Northern Ireland. 

Not at the moment because of Brexit. Wait for us to get independence and you are more than welcome. 

• Like 1

Emigrante
Just now, Miss Dolly said:

Not at the moment because of Brexit. Wait for us to get independence and you are more than welcome. 

But is Scotland's independence a real deal? Is it possible? 

Miss Dolly
10 minutes ago, Emigrante said:

But is Scotland's independence a real deal? Is it possible? 

We are likely to get our second referendum this year or next year 

• Love 1

Emigrante
3 minutes ago, Miss Dolly said:

We are likely to get our second referendum this year or next year 

Thank God. It is really like one of the last places I could move to, because other english-speaking countries have restrict policies about migration like Canada, States and Australia and I don't know another language.

Edited by Emigrante

AlexanderMagno

As an European, seeing the UK leave the EU is a strange and sad feeling.

I’m not sure if British people ever felt like this when it comes to European countries, but being born in the European Union I’ve always felt European above all. That means that the UK was also part of my culture. To see you leave, on your free will, feels like a part of myself decided to leave me as well. It’s weird to see that, after all, I was not part of the UK as well.

This might be silly, but I think it is what lots of young adults feel about the EU. It’s not just a political or economic organization, it’s our culture.

I love the country and I wish I could live there one day. Whether in Wales, England or Scotland (can’t talk about Northern Ireland because I haven’t been there, but I love staying in the Great Britain).

• Like 2

djparky

As a UK resident I despair at this f****** country, Brexit is an act of national stupidity, already the consequences are being seen, and it wont be long before the people who voted for this idiiocy and Johnson in the last election will feel the pain it will cause

Unfortunately the pro Europe part of the country will feel the same pain. Its embarrassing that Europeans think we are all like Farage, Smugg, Johnson etc

numb the flame

what about Wales? do people just forget Wales exists to or? I mean Gaga seems to forget Wales exists after not coming here for eleven years :vegas:

all on my own, i'm a toxic innovator with my trigger finger resting on the incinerator

Miss Dolly
27 minutes ago, numb the flame said:

what about Wales? do people just forget Wales exists to or? I mean Gaga seems to forget Wales exists after not coming here for eleven years :vegas:

I never saw Wales get mentioned but Wales did vote for Brexit