Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
event

Gaga honored at The King Center with Higher Ground Award

Stef

Featured Posts

Wow. Just Wow. There will never be one like her. That was one of the most smart, honest and vulnerable speeches I've ever seen of a white person about racism. 

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply
HausOfAntonio
6 minutes ago, Illuminati said:

I think that the complaints were in regards to her promoting literally everything else but the music (perfume, makeup, watches, you name it). I don't think selling makeup is the best way to send the message of kindness, especially when there is a price tag attached to it.

Music and speeches such as this one can be way more uplifting and meaningful. No one was upset about her giving her platform to BLM either, in fact people were celebrating her earlier contributions to the movement.

Gaga is obviously contractually obliged to be posting about the products she endorses, so there’s no point in complaining about it or demanding some other form of interaction that she doesn’t have to partake in. People have time and time again overlooked or devalued her commitment to social justice because there hasn’t been any other sort of presence from her that is recognisable as part of her album cycle promo. 

HausOfAntonio

Imagine being a white person and speaking so eloquently, lucidly and SINCERELY about racism :nooo:

HausOfAntonio
31 minutes ago, Linus Gaga said:

She is lowkey promoting Chromatica with this look, cuz otherwise she would have jist wear her t shirt and joanne hair bun. 

lady-gaga-orange-coat.jpg

same jacket by the way?

Def not the same. The one from tonight has two front buttons and no belt!

EDIT: its also double breasted. The one you posted is single breasted. 

ALGAYDO

Her speeches are very hit-or-miss for me, but this one... this one was beyond spectacular. She said exactly what needed to be said. The fact that most white celebrities are too “afraid”- or whatever- to be so honest and vulnerable when it comes to race-related topics, yet she just effortlessly gave a 10/10 speech... she truly is a modern day legend and a force to be reckoned with when it comes to philanthropy. I am legit so proud to have chosen the right pop star to stan. No one else does it like her. 

This is why i continue to stan, love, respect, believe, appreciate Lady Gaga. She has grown beautifully, intelligently, spiritually, socially aware, be more present, wiser and more. Being a fan of her makes me feel like this is my contribution to the betterment of the world, because i get equipped with words that i can share and live with. 

Also, i like that she remains Lady Gaga. I mean that hair shouts Gaga, but look at her wearing a suit being a classy Lady. She embodies uniqueness, individuality. 

These are great times, again, to be a fan of this woman. Excited for the inauguration.

:heart:

LGMonster95

This is just another night for me when Gaga reminds me that I stan the right person, I honestly don't care if things are not always perfect with her, she's an amazing artist with a huge talent and an even better person who always fights for the good things, a living legend. There's nothing more than I can ask

As a POC, this is one of her greatest speeches and means so much to me. She truly gets it and is still to this day one of the most authentic artists of our generation.

I'm so proud that I had her to look up to during my childhood and even now in my adult life. 

you can serve it to me ancient city style...

BabylonChristmas

This is truly one of the best speeches she's ever made. It almost brought me to tears listening to it

When I was young, I prayed for lightning 🎧

Frankenztein

Beautiful. One of her best speeches. I am so happy for her that she won this award. I know activism means more to her than anything else in her career. 

• Admin changed the title to Gaga honored at The King Center with Higher Ground Award

Archived