💓 ONE YEAR OF STUPID LOVE 💓

Use code STUPIDLOVE for 20% off everything

Sign in to follow this  
science

New Jersey allowing smokers to get vaccinated, without proof.

Agunimon

Screen-Shot-2021-01-15-at-10-49-35-PM.pn

This makes me so angry.

Smokers put my life at risk by just engaging in their drug. My family chain-smoked with total disregard for my health when COVID started that I had to expedite my moving because I struggled to breath in the house and it sparked my asthma since I was also working from home all day instead of going to the office.

I no longer live in New Jersey, but I am still a legal resident there until at least the end of March.

I did some research and they are taking priority above even teachers and public transit workers.

• Like 1
  • LMAO 4
  • Shook 5
  • Sad 8

RAMROD

What of some of those smokers are actually teachers and all those other professions you mention since smoking is a habot not profession?? :oprah:

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ 🏳️‍🌈 Wiccan ❤️🧡💛💚💙💜 Hulkling 🏳️‍🌈 Forever 🏳️‍🌈
  • Like 5

holy scheisse

Im a New Jersey native too:enigma: 

Do you think people should be drug tested and if they smoke, shouldnt receive the vax?

• Like 2

Agunimon
1 minute ago, holy scheisse said:

Im a New Jersey native too:enigma: 

Do you think people should be drug tested and if they smoke, shouldnt receive the vax?

I think people with actual breathing issues that aren't the result of their recreational activity (no matter how addictive a substance it is, they made the choice to start smoking - I didn't choose to have asthma) should take priority beforehand.

• Like 5

Dulo Peep

i thought you were from UK! 

dul0_pEEP in your Areaaah!
  • LMAO 1

Agunimon
1 minute ago, Dulo Peep said:

i thought you were from UK! 

awkward britney spears GIF by T. Kyle

• LMAO 7

NFRatwell

I know this isn’t the point of the thread but

Obese people (a majority being food addicts) get the vaccine: good, let’s prioritize them

Smoking / drug addicts get the vaccine: That’s gross, they put their own selves at risk, prioritize others!

:bear: as a former obese person I hope everyone can start realizing this double standard here. 

• Like 20

RAMROD
Just now, Agunimon said:

I think people with actual breathing issues that aren't the result of their recreational activity (no matter how addictive a substance it is, they made the choice to start smoking - I didn't choose to have asthma) should take priority beforehand.

Until you realized you already been cut off anyway evwn bwfore this by people with previleged access. Do you know there are many of people of productive age with wealthy parents or wealthy themselves already getting vaccinated also? Why do you think these vaccines running out quickly? :lmao:

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ 🏳️‍🌈 Wiccan ❤️🧡💛💚💙💜 Hulkling 🏳️‍🌈 Forever 🏳️‍🌈

PunkTheFunk

Why is this bad?

• Like 10

holy scheisse
4 minutes ago, Agunimon said:

So people who developed illnesses directly from smoking are qualifying for/getting the vaccine on the grounds that they have those illnesses, even though it was caused by cigarettes? 

• Thanks 1

Agunimon
3 minutes ago, PunkTheFunk said:

Why is this bad?

It's not bad. But in NJ, there are disease that are classified as “might be at an increased risk” and thus prioritized lower than smokers and I expressed in my original post why it makes me upset since being around smokers is a risk to my life and since my asthma is only moderate most of the time, every smoker I know is classified as higher priority than I am.

• Like 3

Agunimon
2 minutes ago, holy scheisse said:

So people who developed illnesses directly from smoking are qualifying for/getting the vaccine on the grounds that they have those illnesses, even though it was caused by cigarettes? 

It's my understanding that you don't need to have illnesses from smoking - you just need to be a smoker.

Helxig

So people who knowingly smoke something that makes the health of themselves and those around them worse... are getting the vaccine first...? I-

It's literally their own fault. That's what you sign up for when you start smoking. That's... the entire thing about choosing to start smoking... the health effects... While people who choose to be healthy are punished for making good decisions. 

I'm trying to see how this makes sense but it doesn't to me? Maybe to keep hospitals clear because smokers end up taking up all the resources?

Edited by Helxig
I'll be myself until they fūcking close the coffin.
  • Like 4

weed
Just now, Agunimon said:

It's my understanding that you don't need to have illnesses from smoking - you just need to be a smoker.

If it says "no proof needed" can't anyone say they're a smoker?

• Like 6

Agunimon
10 minutes ago, NFRatwell said:

I know this isn’t the point of the thread but

Obese people (a majority being food addicts) get the vaccine: good, let’s prioritize them

Smoking / drug addicts get the vaccine: That’s gross, they put their own selves at risk, prioritize others!

:bear: as a former obese person I hope everyone can start realizing this double standard here. 

I don't know where I personally stand on that. A lot of eating habits are taught (or rather, not taught) by the parents. I knew a few obese children growing up that never managed to lose the weight to get out of that obese level. Some parents use food as a way to get their kids to shut up, with no thought as to the nutrition or the calories they are consuming. My sister isn't obese, but she is very overweight because my dad just has no understanding. She is very unhappy about it as well.