🇺🇸 Lady Gaga sings the National Anthem 🇺🇸

Sign in to follow this  
politics

18th poll showing support for Scottish Independence

Miss Dolly

“SUPPORT for Scottish independence remains at record-breaking levels, a new poll has confirmed.

SavantaComRes research for the Scotsman puts backing for Yes at 57% once don’t knows are removed. That’s compared to 43% of Scots who said they would vote No if a referendum was held tomorrow.“

Source: https://www.thenational.scot/news/19010505.savantacomres-independence-poll-support-yes-snp-soaring/

Blue smoke is the heartbreak train
  • YAAAS 2

Rio

Really not a massive difference for a country that wants to leave so bad, just saying. Therefore, don't think it's a priority at this point, considering what's going on at the moment

• Like 1
  • LMAO 1

Miss Dolly
1 minute ago, Rio said:

Really not a massive difference for a country that wants to leave so bad, just saying. Therefore, don't think it's a priority at this point, considering what's going on at the moment

It should be a priority, Scotland is getting ripped apart by Brexit. The main priority should be to rejoin the EU

• Like 1
  • YAAAS 1
  • Thanks 2

Regina George
3 minutes ago, Miss Dolly said:

It should be a priority, Scotland is getting ripped apart by Brexit. The main priority should be to rejoin the EU

Exactly!

• Thanks 1

Chuckles

As a migrant currently living in Scotland, I want Scotland to be a free bitch baby!

• YAAAS 2
  • Love 1

Miss Dolly
1 minute ago, Chuckles said:

As a migrant currently living in Scotland, I want Scotland to be a free bitch baby!

It’s time :vegas:

bionic

Isn’t it a problem in global referenda that “don’t know” results usually swerve toward the status quo when it comes to voting?

That being said, leave would still have a slight advantage over remain in the UK

Edited by bionic
buy bionic

OMonster

The poll is irrelevant if don't knows have been removed, since don't knows are more likely to vote stay than leave :saladga:

subtext / fantasy

Miss Dolly
21 minutes ago, OMonster said:

The poll is irrelevant if don't knows have been removed, since don't knows are more likely to vote stay than leave :saladga:

51% for Independence, 38% for staying in the union. 
https://www.heraldscotland.com/news/19010576.scottish-independence-support-independence-51-per-cent-new-poll/

You do realise people are waking up and see how corrupt this union actually is, how unfair it is and how pathetic it actually is. 
Oh yeah, 18 polls showing a similar result. How is that irrelevant? 

Edited by Miss Dolly

OMonster
7 minutes ago, Miss Dolly said:

51% for Independence, 38% for staying in the union. 
https://www.heraldscotland.com/news/19010576.scottish-independence-support-independence-51-per-cent-new-poll/

You do realise people are waking up and see how corrupt this union actually is, how unfair it is and how pathetic it actually is. 
Oh yeah, 18 polls showing a similar result. How is that irrelevant? 

51% is hardly unanimous. It would be an extremely tight and divisive path to take, by all accounts. 

I'm surprised that, after Brexit, you want Scotland's population to be at odds with each other. 

subtext / fantasy
  • Like 1

Miss Dolly
Just now, OMonster said:

51% is hardly unanimous. It would be an extremely tight and divisive path to take, by all accounts. 

I'm surprised that, after Brexit, you want Scotland's population to be at odds with each other. 

Excluding the Don’t Know (because people are confused about this issue). That is the reason, Brexit, the tories have sold the fishermen down the river with their ‘Brexit’ deal - https://news.sky.com/video/brexit-scottish-fishermans-blood-boiling-over-red-tape-12187646

I honestly more and more every single day see absolutely no benefits of staying in this ‘United’ Kingdom, absolutely bullied to the point the majority of Scots want to leave the union. Do you think Scots voting overwhelmingly to remain part of the EU counts for nothing? We have been dragged out of the EU and a lot of the supermarket shelves are empty thanks to Brexit. Oh yeah, https://www.thenational.scot/news/19006327.expert-claims-independent-scotland-top-list-join-eu/ The EU would happily have us and we do have a path in the EU. 

OMonster
1 minute ago, Miss Dolly said:

Excluding the Don’t Know (because people are confused about this issue). That is the reason, Brexit, the tories have sold the fishermen down the river with their ‘Brexit’ deal - https://news.sky.com/video/brexit-scottish-fishermans-blood-boiling-over-red-tape-12187646

I honestly more and more every single day see absolutely no benefits of staying in this ‘United’ Kingdom, absolutely bullied to the point the majority of Scots want to leave the union. Do you think Scots voting overwhelmingly to remain part of the EU counts for nothing? We have been dragged out of the EU and a lot of the supermarket shelves are empty thanks to Brexit. Oh yeah, https://www.thenational.scot/news/19006327.expert-claims-independent-scotland-top-list-join-eu/ The EU would happily have us and we do have a path in the EU. 

A very, very slim majority want to leave the union, though. 

If Independence is granted, at least 45% will be against it, and that's being generous. 

I don't know why you want a referendum that will split Scotland down the middle. Pointless - just like Brexit. 

Also, I've already shared my view on the EU situation and what it means for borders. The vast majority of Scottish trade is with England, not the EU... but you've never responded to that fact before because it crushes the argument for independence. 

subtext / fantasy
  • Like 1

Neroneau
8 minutes ago, OMonster said:

If Independence is granted, at least 45% will be against it, and that's being generous. 

I don't know why you want a referendum that will split Scotland down the middle. Pointless - just like Brexit. 

Also, I've already shared my view on the EU situation and what it means for borders. The vast majority of Scottish trade is with England, not the EU... but you've never responded to that fact before because it crushes the argument for independence. 

And also Scotland must depend on England as an ally for defence (geopolitical reasons), independent or not. 

• Like 1

OMonster
Just now, Neroneau said:

And also Scotland must depend on England as an ally for defence (geopolitical reasons), independent or not. 

Of course - and, therefore, putting a border between itself and its closest security and economic ally is just ludicrous, which is exactly what would be required if an independent Scotland joined the EU. 

subtext / fantasy
  • Like 1

Miss Dolly
2 minutes ago, OMonster said:

Like any election, people are against but why should the 55% of Scots be forced to part of the union they don’t want to be in, that is not democracy. That is why, as I’ve explained, Brexit. Is that really that hard to understand? Yeah, we HAD good trade with the rUK, but that has been wiped with Brexit. We would be able to have trade with rUK after Independence https://www.businessforscotland.com/the-uk-would-have-to-strike-a-trade-agreement-with-an-independent-scotland/

Do you actually understand the arguments - increasingly - why people are coming out against the union? I see it in my everyday life. My local supermarket - Lidl - is sitting empty because of Brexit trade. Fishermen has been sold down the river.