đź’“ DAWN OF CHROMATICA đź’“

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Post your unpopular opinions on songs/albums!

AndiGaga

Featured Posts

21 hours ago, Art Police said:

Well I am the Art Police :firega:

Nah honestly I love Gaga and really enjoy Chromatica overall but since I love Gaga so much I'm heavily critical of her work, maybe because she's risen the bar so high in the past that its almost impossible for her to impress me the way she used to :bradley:

I don't mean any shade either tho looking back my comments do look way harsher than I intended lol

Yeah I get that, but if you / we  become too critical to her as we love her, then we are actually enjoying her stuff less and just looking for how it could be improved and it just kills the magic, so just chill with it a bit, a bit more Art, a little less police :ally:

Yeah I don’t think I can ever be impressed to that level again, as it just was so unprecedented and WOW, it literally blew my mind and made pop music inexplicably better ever since as everyone needed to up their game to not be in Gaga's shadow forever.

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Mother of Puppies

The thing is: She put herself on a pedestal because her stuff was so original and good, that it is hard to keep that up. It´s almost impossible to top herself, right?

At least for some of her fans... I think Chromatica is her best album... so I think it will be very hard to top Chromatica... (for me personally)

Call me LADY MOP & I'll mop the floor with you 🧹

JINNOCIDE

Despite being good, I think Future Nostalgia is mostly a VEEEEERY safe record and doesn't give me the "future" vibes that its title suggests. I'm happy for her success tho

SAWAYAMA by Rina Sawayama is one of the best piece of work of 2020 and I dare to say, better than Chromatica AND it did deliver the "future" vibe mixed with nostalgia (2000s hits) that FN failed to give to me.

:selena:

STAN RINA SAWAYAMA

MANiCURE 6

Circus and Femme Fatale are Britney Spears best albums. :yennefer:

Blackout is a good album but a bit overrated. 

RichAssPiss

G.U.Y. is the 4.0 evolution of the Gaga banger series that is Poker Face, Bad Romance, Judas, and G.U.Y. and it is the best of the four. 

March34th

heaven & hell, while being a super simplistic and basic album in the sense of songwriting, is pop excellence.

madame x is one of madonna's best albums

jewels n drugs is a good song

high road was one of the best albums of 2020

StrawberryBlond

- All of Adele's albums are way overrated, her songwriting is very basic, paint-by-numbers stuff, she doesn't experiment and it all sounds very samey.

- Dua Lipa's music has got better but it's still quite generic and safe and I don't see why Future Nostalgia is gaining so much critic praise.

- Every Lana Del Rey album is a masterpiece and she is one of, if not the greatest songwriter of this generation and deserves so much more credit, awards and praise for what she's contributed to the music industry.

- Christina Aguilera's Bionic album is decent and not the mess people make it out to be (that would be Lotus).

- Taylor Swift's songwriting may have got better but with Folklore and Evermore, so many of her production blends all these songs into one and bar my most most favourites, I can barely remember any melody across these 2 albums.

- Beyonce's best album is Dangerously In Love (closely followed by Lemonade, in case you're wondering).

- Ariana's last 3 albums really haven't been all that and can't top Dangerous Woman.

21 hours ago, HausOfAntonio said:

Future Nostalgia would be great if its entirety weren’t COMPLETELY undermined by the diabolically questionable two final tracks. Makes you second guess her taste level imo.

I hate Good In Bed as well (seriously, what was she thinking?!) but I thought Boys Will Be Boys was a highlight and brilliantly expressed a lot of the annoyances and concerns I have as a feminist woman. What issues did you have with it? The only bit I don't like is the vague way she says "we needs to stop saying things" and her enunciation of "girls will be women" but that's it.

HausOfAntonio
16 minutes ago, StrawberryBlond said:

- All of Adele's albums are way overrated, her songwriting is very basic, paint-by-numbers stuff, she doesn't experiment and it all sounds very samey.

- Dua Lipa's music has got better but it's still quite generic and safe and I don't see why Future Nostalgia is gaining so much critic praise.

- Every Lana Del Rey album is a masterpiece and she is one of, if not the greatest songwriter of this generation and deserves so much more credit, awards and praise for what she's contributed to the music industry.

- Christina Aguilera's Bionic album is decent and not the mess people make it out to be (that would be Lotus).

- Taylor Swift's songwriting may have got better but with Folklore and Evermore, so many of her production blends all these songs into one and bar my most most favourites, I can barely remember any melody across these 2 albums.

- Beyonce's best album is Dangerously In Love (closely followed by Lemonade, in case you're wondering).

- Ariana's last 3 albums really haven't been all that and can't top Dangerous Woman.

I hate Good In Bed as well (seriously, what was she thinking?!) but I thought Boys Will Be Boys was a highlight and brilliantly expressed a lot of the annoyances and concerns I have as a feminist woman. What issues did you have with it? The only bit I don't like is the vague way she says "we needs to stop saying things" and her enunciation of "girls will be women" but that's it.

For one I think that its a bad song musically. The children at the end are so tacky :ladyhaha: But also its the sort of uber-capitalistic brand of Girl Boss feminism that I’m not particularly a fan of (ie. paints and considers men and women as inherently different, ideologically excludes trans people). Its nitpicky I know but I can’t help it :bear: And i know she didn’t mean it like that but it indicates a certain level of feminist engagement thats quite surface level. 

holy scheisse
On 1/12/2021 at 9:41 AM, Poltergeist said:

Witness is Katy's best album

Smile is an amazing album as well, only the title track sucks

Lana's first 4 albums are top tier, Lust For Life and NFR lack something which was present back then

Interesting, for me Lana's best albums are born to die, lust for life, and norman f rockwell. 

Idk which of us is the unpopular opinion on that tho :lana:

Poltergeist
7 minutes ago, holy scheisse said:

Interesting, for me Lana's best albums are born to die, lust for life, and norman f rockwell. 

Idk which of us is the unpopular opinion on that tho :lana:

I guess both of us, as there are so many of them :selena:

I've been getting messages from my deep waters

FFXIV WhiteMage

Gaga doesn’t fit to be an MPG. I feel like she have 2-3 colossal commercial  hits and that’s it. She’s does not resonate with the GP other than those instances unlike the other MPGs. She’s not GP popular outside those hits. 

Hence her commercial performance is one the poorest if compared to Taylor, Adele, Ariana, Katy etc. I mean Beyonce and Rihanna can out stream her nowadays despite the other two  being inactive. Her support mostly are from the LMs of which is pretty strong.  

Gaga is weird and experimental before but she’s not “deep” as most of here claim. However, she’s really brave and vocal and since her star power does not necessarily came from the GP, it doesn’t affect her that much.

What truly separate Gaga from the other MPGs and what keeps her afloat in the business is her talentD. Singing, musicality and acting. Oh and business as well :billie:

1 hour ago, FFXIV WhiteMage said:

Gaga doesn’t fit to be an MPG. I feel like she have 2-3 colossal commercial  hits and that’s it. She’s does not resonate with the GP other than those instances unlike the other MPGs. She’s not GP popular outside those hits. 

Hence her commercial performance is one the poorest if compared to Taylor, Adele, Ariana, Katy etc. I mean Beyonce and Rihanna can out stream her nowadays despite the other two  being inactive. Her support mostly are from the LMs of which is pretty strong.  

Gaga is weird and experimental before but she’s not “deep” as most of here claim. However, she’s really brave and vocal and since her star power does not necessarily came from the GP, it doesn’t affect her that much.

What truly separate Gaga from the other MPGs and what keeps her afloat in the business is her talentD. Singing, musicality and acting. Oh and business as well :billie:

There is so much that is just deluded about this, you dont know what the GP likes nor have you got some kind of measure of the groups that are listening to her music, you'd need to see some graph and figures for that. But Joanne / ASIB / AHS / Cheek to Cheek, have given her a huge fanbase that will never appear on a site like this or on stan twitter, but buy / stream her music.

Then you've got her pop / dance records that very seasoned lovers of dance appriciate, you've got her die hard fans, you have metalheads who love her, her fanbase is so far reaching, all of these are outside of LM, and therefore 'General'.

How are you defining a Hit? Like a number 1 or a song that was successful and is still loved to this day? Many number ones are totally forgotten now, and many that are now will be soon.

Her not being "deep"? What does that even mean, Beyonce's last album literally reached nowhere and Rihanna has no music to compare that to, so this all is just your imagined thoughts

On 1/12/2021 at 5:02 PM, Miss Dolly said:

Madame X is a extremely creative and needed album by Madonna 

This is so true. A return to form. đź‘Ś

StrawberryBlond
2 hours ago, HausOfAntonio said:

For one I think that its a bad song musically. The children at the end are so tacky :ladyhaha: But also its the sort of uber-capitalistic brand of Girl Boss feminism that I’m not particularly a fan of (ie. paints and considers men and women as inherently different, ideologically excludes trans people). Its nitpicky I know but I can’t help it :bear: And i know she didn’t mean it like that but it indicates a certain level of feminist engagement thats quite surface level. 

I think songs about politics and social issues are so hard to write well, though. So, I think she does alright, considering. It doesn't necessarily say that men and women should be treated differently, quite the opposite, really. And trans people will naturally associate themselves with male or female. It doesn't really matter what your gender identity is, the world will still view you as male or female and you treat you accordingly regardless. It's a short song and doesn't go too deep but it's head and shoulders above a lot of supposedly feminist songs I've heard over the years that are just as problematic as the sexism they claim to want to stop and don't seem to even understand feminism at all.

• SharkmanthaC locked this topic

Archived