HotLikeMexico 6,763 Posted January 5, 2021 Share Posted January 5, 2021 30 minutes ago, ALGAYDO said: Where’s all the a-holes members that claim this whole pandemic is being blown out of proportion just because nobody they’re close to has died/been hospitalized? Expose y’allselves ****ing assholes. Pisses me off so much. It all comes down to privilege too. Not trying to be that person but my fiancé's family is white. All of them (except my fiancé's who has been vocal about how idiotic they are) have been downplaying the virus. And saying it's all fake and complaining that they can't do anything and it ruined their Xmas etc. I solely think they blamed me or I have brainwashed or influenced him in following all mandated guidelines. Meanwhile in my family (Mexican), my little sister just recovered from the virus and I have a few family members that currently have covid, and an uncle who passed away from it. It's literally a slap in the face to be saying that's hit when people have lost loved ones. I guess people don't believe it until it happens to them. Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
ProdigyARTPOP 3,910 Posted January 5, 2021 Share Posted January 5, 2021 28 minutes ago, SonOfAphrodite said: Hello fellow Bay Area monster I’m in the South Bay which isn’t doing too well right now. These truly are terrifying times. I grew up in Kern County and that place is a mess right now. Everyone is acting like it’s pre- pandemic over there with people going to bars and parties with friends. I can’t imagine how things will play out in the Central Valley. Stay safe and wish you great health during these times! Yes, I live here and it’s literally like this. People are still going out and partying. I fear the worst is upon us Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Ronk 14,935 Posted January 5, 2021 Share Posted January 5, 2021 59 minutes ago, Nickolas724 said: I’m so terrified. I live in LA and work in a shopping mall and the weeks before Christmas we’re scary. Luckily I got exposed to covid by my sisters boyfriend and was able to use that to stay out of work for a week. The week I was supposed to come back 2 coworkers tested positive so my store shut down. We are reopening tm and lucky that we were able to close for 2 weeks of December bc it is so bad. People don’t care LA is falling apart and there seems to be not even the slightest indication that we will have a comprehensive lockdown like in March. I’m scared, this pandemic has ruined my health even though I never got covid. I developed IBS and anxiety and together they work to make everyday or my life miserable. This pandemic truly messed me up. So sad to hear this. Please hang in there and do everything possible to stay safe. The pandemic has truly messed me up also. With my age and underlying conditions I have no hope to survive covid if I catch it. I'm beyond the breaking point. The phone rang today and I picked up the receiver and yelled "shut up" and hung up. No idea who called. Then I realized how much effect covid is having. And I'm one of the lucky ones. My 1st cousin died of covid a few days ago. He was such a good person. I live outside the space time continuum. Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Stephen 30,433 Posted January 5, 2021 Share Posted January 5, 2021 12 minutes ago, Ronk said: So sad to hear this. Please hang in there and do everything possible to stay safe. The pandemic has truly messed me up also. With my age and underlying conditions I have no hope to survive covid if I catch it. I'm beyond the breaking point. The phone rang today and I picked up the receiver and yelled "shut up" and hung up. No idea who called. Then I realized how much effect covid is having. And I'm one of the lucky ones. My 1st cousin died of covid a few days ago. He was such a good person. So sorry for your loss Ron. Sending you so much love. Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Nickypie101 1,591 Posted January 5, 2021 Share Posted January 5, 2021 1 hour ago, Morphine Prince said: I am so sorry, I am wishing you strength and good health. Thank you so much! I’m just praying to get passed these next few months till we get vaccinated and that nobody in my family is harmed Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Nickypie101 1,591 Posted January 5, 2021 Share Posted January 5, 2021 1 hour ago, LilyLark said: I'm so sorry. Sending love. Thank u I need any support I can get Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Nickypie101 1,591 Posted January 5, 2021 Share Posted January 5, 2021 38 minutes ago, Ronk said: So sad to hear this. Please hang in there and do everything possible to stay safe. The pandemic has truly messed me up also. With my age and underlying conditions I have no hope to survive covid if I catch it. I'm beyond the breaking point. The phone rang today and I picked up the receiver and yelled "shut up" and hung up. No idea who called. Then I realized how much effect covid is having. And I'm one of the lucky ones. My 1st cousin died of covid a few days ago. He was such a good person. I’m so sorry for your loss. This is truly the most miserable time in our life I believe, and I’m hoping that we can get through it , thank you for the support! I’m trying to stay safe and I hope you can too and we can all get out of this alright. Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
vyniildisk 12,689 Posted January 5, 2021 Share Posted January 5, 2021 this sounds so bad guys! I've been lucky here in México but other's not so much at all. We have a lot of work to do, specially inner work, and to work in our compassion and solidarity. Reading your stories makes me sad and worry about my family both in LA and here in México. Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
r4therupbeat 1,587 Posted January 5, 2021 Share Posted January 5, 2021 4 hours ago, PunkTheFunk said: Good god, turning people away from the hospital due to lack of resources is a nightmare scenario. And people still have the audacity to gather in groups and walk around without masks... it's the government's fault. in other countries there have been tougher lockdowns from the start and look at them now Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Rio 5,088 Posted January 5, 2021 Share Posted January 5, 2021 Hospitals are also ALWAYS full at this time of year too.... Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
PunkTheFunk 125,734 Posted January 5, 2021 Share Posted January 5, 2021 5 hours ago, r4therupbeat said: it's the government's fault. in other countries there have been tougher lockdowns from the start and look at them now Partly, yes, but the government can only do so much. It is up to the people to follow the rules and think about the wellbeing of their fellow citizens. Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Morphine Prince 110,044 Posted January 5, 2021 Author Share Posted January 5, 2021 5 hours ago, Rio said: Hospitals are also ALWAYS full at this time of year too.... Yeah but they aren’t treating patients in the GIFT SHOP and having to limit oxygen like this. Usual busy month + COVID spike = disaster Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
r4therupbeat 1,587 Posted January 5, 2021 Share Posted January 5, 2021 1 hour ago, PunkTheFunk said: Partly, yes, but the government can only do so much. It is up to the people to follow the rules and think about the wellbeing of their fellow citizens. I agree. The American government has done f** all tho so the get the blame. Trump not only did not take precautions, he said the virus does not exist and made masks that are for protection political Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
alsemanche 97,855 Posted January 5, 2021 Share Posted January 5, 2021 My country can relate uwu Soft, soothing, and succulent Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Featured Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.