Halsey dislikes fans saying she made them gay

Kimmo

Featured Posts

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Chromatography
12 minutes ago, arrtpop said:

it’s not about gatekeeping the color of someone’s nails. if a straight person genuinely enjoys being feminine then they can do whatever they want. i’m not gonna speak for anyone else, but for me, the issue comes when tiktok treats “femboys” like a trend. as a boy who was worn makeup to school everyday since 7th grade and gotten **** for it all the time, it feels dismissive. it’s like, how come when i do it i get sometimes laughed at, but when a straight boy puts on a skirt and eyeliner, they got 1M+ likes and comments saying how hot they are? and again, if someone genuinely likes it, they can do whatever they want. but a lot of these boys have realized that being feminine = views and attention, and don’t actually care about boys who love being feminine. 

tl;dr, the issue comes when straight boys start doing it for attention and wouldn’t be doing it if it weren’t a “trend”. 

ok i agree with this and i’m sorry that you had to deal with that. obviously as a girl, i could *mostly* wear those things and not catch sh!t for it, and the double standard is real. i like wearing a lot of male fashion as well and no one bats an eye, but for males doing something as simple as painting ones nails is “different” and i think that’s a crock of sh!t. i just don’t get why people just can’t wear what they want to wear, like why do other people get so damn upset about it 

Peroxide555

... eh, you can make the argument - I understand the thinking.

But ss it a big deal? Does it subscribe itself to wide spread homophobia etc... 

I don't think so....

StrawberryBlond

She does have a bit of a point. As long as we hear phrases like "____ made me gay" said for a joke or not, it only adds fuel to the fire of those who believe that homosexuality is the direct cause of the music you listen to, the people you hang out with and the people you're raised by and that it's a choice and therefore, something that you can be taught out of or "cured" of. People mean it as a joke and to be nice but they have to realise that not everyone reading that comment is in support of their acceptance and actually use phrases like this as validation that it's something that can be foisted on people, like catching an illness. People genuinely believed stuff like this for years and still do and phrases that seemingly support it don't help. If people want to make a joke like this, it's best said in person among like-minded friends, not immortalised online where it'll never truly go away. I don't know what makes people say phrases like this online anyway. I'd feel too embarrassed to say such things.

Economy
2 hours ago, Bonkers said:

She's being a bit too literal for me.  Saying something "made me gay" is technically problematic, but it's mostly a funny compliment to say something awoke feelings.

I hate how politically correct everything is now, but it's not going to change so we might as well just obey when jokes are pointed out to have minor problems.  Anyone can take something related to a struggle they and others have experienced and blame the joke for being a mentality and thrive on the feeling of being offended.  

Tbh me too. It's too exhausting to fight woke SJWs constantly so if they have an issue with something I just let it go and stop saying whatever upsets them to avoid unnecessary problems tbh

But that much excessive agression and sensitivity only makes me take them less seriously tbh not more sympathetic.

I don't keep quiet because they "educated me" I keep quiet because they are annoying and don't wanna deal with their non-sense :vegas:

PS: before GGD woke warriors come at me (which is highly predictable) I'm talking about trivial nonsense. I'm not saying all forms of social justice or sensitivities are unjustified. I know full well bigotry and discrimination is real :flop:

Bubblegum Bitch
2 minutes ago, Economy said:

It's too exhausting to fight woke SJWs constantly so if they have an issue with something I just let it go and stop saying whatever upsets them to avoid unnecessary problems tbh

True. I found that those conversations are mostly wasting of time so it is better to avoid them. It saves time and doesn't shake my mental stability. :vegas:

Bonkers
2 hours ago, kukuryku666 said:

Few people = millions

It's really insensitive to say "yeah, some places still struggle, but we can't worry about that forever"

I spent half of 2020 watching president of my shitty country calling LGBT "an ideology, not real people" and he won the election again.

There are millions of people living with old bigoted ideas on issues of every type of equality you can name.  In the western world the idea of women being equal is so accepted that we're often insensitive to cultures that still have much further to go.  An SNL sketch we view as mocking could be seen as re-enforcing to some in other countries.

But the truth is the old ideas have been left behind and the people that hold on to them are a joke.  

You can spend your life walking on eggshells, adjusting your entire life to them,  living as a victim of these people or you can move on from them and leave them writhing in their irrelevance.  

I do have sympathy for people who live in backwards states and similar communities all over the world, but even there, there are pockets where civilized people gather and don't waste their time in a victim mentality, constantly offended, living small lives riddled with anxiety because they want to defend and protect the people who are hurt by low functioning, damaged people.  I do feel bad that young people believe these things for themselves because of how their families and communities raise them.  But I was a young gay person growing up in a rural area and I remember I was able to tell the difference, so people who had moved on being controlled by bigots was something I appreciated even where I grew up.

Trying to control how other people think and act, what they can joke about, it's a symptom of control issues that make people bitter and unable to live satisfied lives - because they can't be satisfied until everyone is controlled.

Again, I'm fine to not use this joke, or other problematic jokes, the SJW's have won, but I don't enjoy their company much more than I enjoy the company of cultural neanderthals.

Remember to like and subscribe, and click on the bell icon to get the latest updates

Bonkers
24 minutes ago, Economy said:

PS: before GGD woke warriors come at me (which is highly predictable) I'm talking about trivial nonsense. I'm not saying all forms of social justice or sensitivities are unjustified. I know full well bigotry and discrimination is real :flop:

This was a good caveat to add, because you almost left the door open for one of them to finish you. :toofunny:

And it's a perfect example of how annoying the woke police are because before you said that, we all knew what you meant, but these days you have to stop and consider what windows you left open for them to make you sound like a monster and it really is so exhausting.

now, let's join hands and pray

tenor.gif

Dear Jesus, our heavenly father who art in heaven.  We call on you in your hallowed name to give us strength to survive attacks from our angry brothers and sisters consumed with desire to force us to consider social justice in all we doth speaketh.  And though thou art not real, please send peace upon us and may you cause these people to throw meltdowns and become bannethed from this holy site, daily of gaga in they name.

Amen

c3cd854cebffb8609df159f71508c1d7.png

Remember to like and subscribe, and click on the bell icon to get the latest updates

Guest Adarsh
4 hours ago, RudraCNG said:

Omg it reminds me of that artist (don't remember who) who made a big deal of "Skinny legend" term :triggered:

Sounds like Demi Lovato to me :chica:

RAMROD
11 hours ago, JRCF29 said:

Can I just say: What prevents me from really loving Halsey is her insistence on being holier than thou. I think her self image is tainted by a lot of conceit, and I think she tends to give herself far too much credit for musical genius while putting out just okay albums like "Manic." (for what it's worth, I think Badlands was good and hfk was a very strong, cohesive, refreshing album- but nothing groundbreaking)

Basically Gen Z Demi Lovato :poot:

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ 𝚍𝚊𝚗𝚌𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚒𝚗 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚜𝚑𝚊𝚍𝚘𝚠 𝚘𝚏 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚗𝚒-𝚒-𝚒-𝚒𝚐𝚑𝚝...! (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡

Summerboi14

I agree with her. People are still not as accepting as they say it. Whenever I fall in love with someone they are like "Oh, I have nothing against that and i'm fine with it" but when I fell in love with them they hate me and attack me for no reason. These comments look like "we support you" but they add fuel to some topics and thoughts some members already said here.

Archived