💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
series

Official Rupaul’s Drag Race S13 thread | Congrats to our winner!

BUtterfield 8

Featured Posts

SharkmanthaC

I don’t really care for Kandy, but I see her staying because of the drama.

I thought Elliot did really well as well as Symone.

I want to know what happened to the other girls. I feel like this format was done for covid but they had to put a spin on it. But it reminds me of this documentary I have watched where a teacher separates a class into blue and green eyes (or something like that). Then starts telling the blue eyes they’re better and they believe it, and start acting better than the green eyes. Then the green eyes feel like they are less than others. The “winning” group already acts like they’re so much better and they only won one lip sync. 

Untucked seemed way over produced and just a way to prove how DR is pc with POC and trans people. 

she/her/hers

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
LateToCult
On 1/2/2021 at 6:41 AM, MessyTop said:

Is this real?

How you get your cheeks smashed by Graham Norton and still get rejected from like 10 seasons of Drag Race. :messga:

On 1/10/2021 at 3:32 AM, Helxig said:

This season is a pile of sh.it. Fully orchestrated drama. Psychological head-games specifically to create separation and distrust between the girls to incite drama later in the season. And Ru's typical bullsh.it 'love and empathy, you're a winner baby' speech to come across loving and innocent. Gross. The show used put itself across as being about love and community and I miss that. There's enough drama in real life all around us, it's exhausting.

I wanna keep watching because I want to get to know the girls, see what they can bring to the runway, see some fun challenges, witness their talent and performance... but I'm so put off by the producers blatantly pulling the puppeteer strings this season. If I were part of that cast I would've fully pulled a Willam and said no ma'am, I'm not playing into these shenanigans, lets rally against it :laughga: 

It's reality TV girl... it's never been that serious and twists have been part of it since the beginning. DRAMA has been part of it too. Season 2 was an entire other level of cutthroatness. This is a trashy TV competition about DRAG QUEENS. If you know anything about the drag scene, you should know this normally would result in the MESSIEST TV there is. Drama and drag go hand in hand. It's all done in good fun of course.

The fans taking everything so seriously has sanitized the show so much that it became boring as ****. DRAG QUEENS ARE PETTY SELF-INFLATED CHARACTERS. Let them act the part. Let them be bitchy. Let them be cutthroat. This is not a pageant where they have to be classy. It's a reality TV COMPETITION with twists and turns.

You have a right to an opinion, but it is honestly very tiring to hear that specific one because that's never what the show was meant to be, and that's not what the queens are about. In recent seasons they have to constantly censor themselves because they'll get bullied otherwise.

If you love drag, classiness and fair competitions, by all means go watch pageants! There are plenty and you'll be served with drag excellence. But let us enjoy our drag scene too. Drag Race is the equivalent of the club scene. It's meant to be trashy, loud and messy. If you don't like that, there's plenty of other types of drag and shows out there!

10 minutes ago, BUtterfield 8 said:

I believe in Symone supremacy but they really gotta stop forcing it so much. Let the talent speak for itself, and if the queens REALLY shine enough for it, give them a special shoutout. But as much as I stan her, week one was so early to give her that comment? Let her give us more before you start worshipping her maybe? It just feels like they've decided on pushing her no matter what, and that's stupid cause she clearly can carry through on her own.

GagaSine

Did anyone feel like the critiques this week were overly positive? It was really strange to me, I feel like no one had anything “real” to say, Michelle felt very mild compared to her usual personality. 

HausOfAntonio

I was a huge fan of Symone’s promo looks but I really didn’t like her spring and fall looks (wtf was that second look it didn’t make any sense lol). The main runway was better but I’m still not completely sold YET. And I did think Olivia did better in her lipsync especially considering Symone had SO MUCH she could’ve done with her outfit and braids.

5 minutes ago, GagaSine said:

Did anyone feel like the critiques this week were overly positive? It was really strange to me, I feel like no one had anything “real” to say, Michelle felt very mild compared to her usual personality. 

They didn't want a bottom so if any queens got negative feedback they'd know they were in the bottom (let's be honest, it'd be Gottmik and Kandy). Pretty sure the idea is that the Winners get an off week with no bottom/negative feedback, and that next week the rest will have a bottom 2 + actual critiques.

lgaga1fan
On 1/10/2021 at 5:39 PM, SamanthaC said:

I want to know what happened to the other girls. I feel like this format was done for covid but they had to put a spin on it. But it reminds me of this documentary I have watched where a teacher separates a class into blue and green eyes (or something like that). Then starts telling the blue eyes they’re better and they believe it, and start acting better than the green eyes. Then the green eyes feel like they are less than others. The “winning” group already acts like they’re so much better and they only won one lip sync. 

I think they did this drawn out premiere to help pay the girls more. The cast has been on every episode so far, so it means that the first girl going home will have been on 4 episodes (and i believe they get paid per episode). Knowing how hard it is to get the show I can see the producers of the show wanting a drawn out season (this one is 16) to help the girls get more opportunity, even if they're a first out. 

Susanalbumparty
34 minutes ago, androiduser said:

I love Symone's facial expressions when she performs, she's so sassy!

giphy.gif

I actually think she could be a model irl. The walk, the figure, the look. Very photogenic. My fav so far.

24 minutes ago, Susanalbumparty said:

Is that you Kandy? 

1) "Your opinion is trash. You're trash. You'll never amount to anything close to them. Sit down."

If MY opinion is trash, why are you even addressing it? I'm an architect with a Masters Degree who has worked all over the world. I've already achieved more in life than they or you ever will. They will both go back to doing Saturday nights in some shitty backstreet bar. Apparently, your aims in life are to idolise reality show rejects: such life goals.

So you sit the **** down.

2) "But what is not a thing in the scene is some random talentless twinks going at them with insults. You'd get ripped to shreads by them, deservedly".

It's "shreds".

3) "Kandy and Tina are not "hideous" by any means. Don't know what you were implying by that? Looks? Makeup? Personality? Cause they're not atrocious in any of those domains whatsoever".

Both physically and personality wise, they are extremely unattractive. It's my view, deal with it or cry more.

4) "Your use of "bullying" is light as ****. No one was bullied on that episode. Elliot shaded Kandy and Kandy turned that into drama. It's REALITY TV. That's the GOAL. Plus they're DRAG QUEENS. They're SUPPOSED to be PETTY and SELF INFLATED. IT'S THE ACT"

No, it was bullying. Trying to set the whole room up against one person by saying they are a "mole" and ganging up on them is classic bullying. If you don't see it that way, I suggest it's because you take part in this disgusting behaviour yourself.

5) "This was filmed months ago and they're all on good terms. THEY DON'T EVEN CARE THAT MUCH, WHY ARE YOU OFFENDED ON THEIR BEHALF?!"

Why are YOU offended by my take on it, you hypocrite? Let me clear, I don't give a **** about you or your opinion. You are insignificant to me so stay mad.

6) "You're overreacting over an hour of footage. Calm the **** down. Go watch Toddlers & Tiaras if you don't have the cognitive capacities to differenciate reality TV drama from hate. Or is that too spicy for you?"

YOU'RE exploding over one post on GGD so please stfu with your hypocrisy. Also don't talk about cognitive capacities when :

A) You have zero self awareness.

B) You're a massive hypocrite.

C) You lack even the basics of spelling and grammar. Btw, it's "differentiate". 

Yeah now go and do something constructive or stay mad. I could not give a **** either way. But what ever you do, learn to ****ing spell, otherwise you just look like an idiot.

You didn't have to reply.

I'm addressing it because it's harmful. The queens literally get sent death threats because of assholes like you creating this ****ed up mentality where the slightest confrontational behaviour is labelled as bullying or trashy. Black queens get called racial slurs and get threatened to be thrown acid at their faces over it. Queens in general have to leave social media beause of it. It's worth being addressed so that you shut up.

I was obviously saying you will never amount to anything artistically, in the drag world, or anything close to that. Therefore your non-constructive opinion is ****. You're not part of the drag world nor do you know **** about it, so you have no business being a ****ing bitch towards entertainers.

They are interesting individuals with great personalities doing a fun creative job. They will tour the world soon, and they will get paid thousands for their personality. You could never. Whatever capitalistic endeavours you partake in don't interest me much. At the end of the day I can tell you're an overall boring and negative person, so whatever it is that you spend 40+ hours a week doing I couldn't care less about. These people are spreading joy in their cracked down backalley bar, you're being a **** on social media. Guess who's more likeable?

I don't have to prove my value to you just like you didn't have to try and prove yours to me with your rant about how educated you are, but I'll make it known that English is my second language and that I still write it better than half Americans. But listen, being born an English-speaker seems to be an achievement to you so I'll let you relish in that and the fact you can do maths. I'm sure that makes you a joy to be around.

I don't find them attractive, but I don't see the point in going after perfectly fine people for their looks in such a vile way. This is not me being some cringe kIndNEsS pUnK keyboard warrior, I'm just genuinely confused at you even bringing this up. Masters don't give you class it seems.

Kandy saying she was a mole was speculating because they were in a competition with a new twist being introduced every two seconds... you're ****ing dense. 

The Paradox of Intolerance is something I suggest you read about. You're not entitled to tolerance for your intolerant views, just like you're not entitled to respect for your disrespectful views. Your opinion does bother me because it results in literal harm for the queens. I wouldn't put it past you to think caring for others is snowflake behaviour. Your rationale is honestly the one of an elementary school kid. Being a little **** and saying you're unbothered doesn't make you cool.

It seems pretty hypocritical to me that you'd call me out for doing nothing constructive when you just **** out a just as lenghty reply. I honestly do not have something better to do at the moment. I'm not busy enough to warrant ignoring your bullshit. I'm having lots of fun typing this actually. But by all means, if you have to fly out to London to design a staircase, ignore me and get back to work! Clearly you have a more fullfiled life than we'll ever have and this kind of petty nonsense is below your range.

Helxig
9 hours ago, Enigma said:

It's reality TV girl... it's never been that serious and twists have been part of it since the beginning. DRAMA has been part of it too. Season 2 was an entire other level of cutthroatness. This is a trashy TV competition about DRAG QUEENS. If you know anything about the drag scene, you should know this normally would result in the MESSIEST TV there is. Drama and drag go hand in hand. It's all done in good fun of course.

The fans taking everything so seriously has sanitized the show so much that it became boring as ****. DRAG QUEENS ARE PETTY SELF-INFLATED CHARACTERS. Let them act the part. Let them be bitchy. Let them be cutthroat. This is not a pageant where they have to be classy. It's a reality TV COMPETITION with twists and turns.

You have a right to an opinion, but it is honestly very tiring to hear that specific one because that's never what the show was meant to be, and that's not what the queens are about. In recent seasons they have to constantly censor themselves because they'll get bullied otherwise.

If you love drag, classiness and fair competitions, by all means go watch pageants! There are plenty and you'll be served with drag excellence. But let us enjoy our drag scene too. Drag Race is the equivalent of the club scene. It's meant to be trashy, loud and messy. If you don't like that, there's plenty of other types of drag and shows out there!

There's a huge difference between being a shady lady and being a straight up c.unt. There's a difference between letting reality TV play out, and orchestrating as much drama as possible for the views. There's a difference between adding twists to a season and psychologically manipulating contestants for views. This show has gotten it right plenty of times before, and it's getting it wrong now.

I'll be myself until they fūcking close the coffin.

hieronymus
6 hours ago, Susanalbumparty said:

I actually think she could be a model irl. The walk, the figure, the look. Very photogenic. My fav so far.

I can definitely see this too. She'd be an amazing muse for David Lachapelle

Also your username is genius.

Archived