❤︎ OUT NOW! ❤︎
celeb

Taylor Swift is replaced by Brad Paisley on the Legends Corner mural

Teletubby

Featured Posts

IllusionLover
3 hours ago, Autumn said:

honestly she's done more for country in the past twenty years than anyone else :triggered:

She literally introduced country worldwide to a whole generation. I didn't even knew what county was before knowing her. 

YOUNG TAYLOR RAN COUNTRY. 

13 | this is my dancefloor i fought for, your voice is louder, it echoes

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Honestly if I were her I'd distance myself from any specific genre, especially country music for awhile. I know I would probably make excuses for any female country music artist (LOVE YOU DOLLY) but to me it all seems like an industry that panders to racists or people with really conservative views. I know I even like some country music from time to time but the racist groups have really adopted it as the only music they will listen to. Probably due to the subject matter of the songs. I also really don't care for the fact that country music has black roots yet rarely gets acknowledged for it (as you can see from the lack of BIPOC on this damn ****ing mural) Remember the uproar when Beyoncé was singing at the CMA's a couple years ago? Disgusting things were said. Plus the evidence that the country music record companies do not want their artists sharing their political views but mostly when it comes to more liberal leaning views. Again if you like it cool, and I am sure a lot of these artists are incredibly talented musicians, I just wouldn't want to support that specific industry myself. 

alestevens
5 hours ago, Sorcerer92 said:

You are denying her impact by claiming Taylor has one. She doesn't but if believing she has made a dent in the music world helps you sleep at night, go for it. The rest of us see through her pretense. 

If believing Taylor Swift didn't make a dent in the music world (lol) helps you sleep at night, go for it. The rest of us see right through your delusion.

ANTI WP
5 hours ago, Sorcerer92 said:

It sickens me how much people worship this basic white girl :wtf:

Don't bring race into this thread or any music discussion.

There is nothing basic about Taylor :triggered:

PawsUpJago

She's a pop star and that is how she'll be remembered so I don't see the issue with replacing her on this although Brad Paisley is also 🤮

And again just showing her fans acting as though she literally invented music 😂 when so many female artists before her made country what it was 

freebit

First her banner at the Staples center being taken down the other day, now this.

Does this mean Future Nostalgia is taking home the Shammy for AOTY? :gum:

gagaxsebert

Taylor’s second fanbase have been having too much fun in this thread.

Nonetheless Taylor obviously had an impact on country, she is the blueprint for a lot of female country musicians today. She should be there, along with a few more who are missing (Shania :excuseu:)

Used to be HighRoad

Peroxide555
20 hours ago, Sorcerer92 said:

Taylor Swift does not deserve any country accolades. She's done nothing for country music, expect make sob story albums blaming the men in her life for her failures in every relationship she's been in. If any female country artists deserve recognition its Carrie Underwood or Kacey Musgraves; singers with actual talent. 

This post reeks of sexism.

Sorcerer92
13 minutes ago, SpiritBunny said:

Kacey Musgraves’ 1 album devours both of their careers stay pressed xo. 

Finally someone with taste :applause: I love to see it :queenga:

FfFfFfFF

I know there are a lot of Taylor Swift that are very unhappy and vocal about this but it does make sense. She is no longer a face for country music. She may have kept some folk influences even in her pop albums and folklore leans more heavily into a folk direction but she isn't truly country anymore (she was a mixture of country-pop to begin with too).

Archived