Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
achievement

No evidence to support claims that Gaga is a witch

David Ward

Featured Posts

David Ward

Fact check: There is no evidence to support claims that Lady Gaga is a witch

g8i8h3xgwhugjbbvx0w6jho59cflletqcxf1vikr

Recently, a Facebook user called Gaga “a high ranking witch in the music industry,” referencing her relationship with Serbian performance artist Marina Abramovic.

“These demonic spirits of witchcraft, sexual perversion, and child sacrifice are seducing too many Christians at an alarming rate,” Jeremiah Johnson Ministries posted on Facebook about Biden and Gaga on Nov. 3. That post was later deleted.

USA TODAY reached out to both posters for comments and has not received a response.

Abramovic has been the subject of conspiracy theories surrounding witchcraft dating back to PizzaGate in October 2016. When Hillary Clinton’s campaign chairman John Podesta’s emails were released on WikiLeaks, an email between Abramovic and Podesta’s brother Tony Podesta sparked speculation. “I am so looking forward to the Spirit Cooking dinner at my place. Do you think you will be able to let me know if your brother is joining?” Abramovic wrote in the email.

Proponents of the conspiracy theory argued the email was evidence that she and the Clinton campaign we involved in witchcraft and satanism. Abramovic later said “Spirit Cooking” referred to a dinner she hosted for a group of benefactors to her art institute. 

Lady Gaga became entangled in the conspiracy theory when social media users began sharing a photo of the singer with Abramovic and a body-painted model. Several posts falsely claimed the model was Ryan Singleton, an aspiring model whose body was found in Baker, California, on Sept. 21, 2013. Posters argued Gaga and Abramovic were involved in an illegal “satanic spirit cooking hunt and party” just days after Singleton went missing.

A July fact-check by Reuters found that the photo was taken at a July 2013 art show and the model involved was not Singleton. Trina Merry, the body paint artist featured in the show, dispelled the claim multiple times on Twitter.

Other social media users shared photos of Gaga at the event, claiming she was involved in a "sickening" ritual pertaining to "Satanic Democrat Pedophile Cannibals." The photo featured Gaga and Abramovic eating something off what looked like a bloody body. Lead Stories reported in May that the two "good friends" were not drinking blood, but engaging in performance art.

1375973203000-gaga.jpg?width=660&height=

Despite these efforts by fact-checkers and artists to debunk these claims, some continue to argue Gaga is a witch. USA TODAY could find no evidence to support that theory. We rate the claim that Lady Gaga is involved in witchcraft or satanism FALSE because it is not supported by our research. Claims that Gaga is a witch stem from misrepresentations of a 2013 art event and her relationship with performance artist Marina Abramovic, whose own false accusations of witchcraft tie back to the PizzaGate conspiracy theory. The resurgence of this claim comes directly after Gaga expressed support for the Biden-Harris campaign. 

Neither Abramovic nor Gaga’s representation has responded to USA TODAY’s emails.  

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/factcheck/2020/11/03/fact-check-there-no-evidence-lady-gaga-witch/6147108002/?fbclid=IwAR3GPp0IXF8aJzV7K7QozZik_d8r9T9JcbbaAuZxZ6gLT1bSb_e3JALHrgI

LilyLark

LOL. I'm disturbed by how many people truly believe Marina's performance art is some act of devil worship. Like it's a big deal to work with her—she's famous!—and I'm sure the participants/models were thrilled. Now people think they were being cannibalized or some sh*t.

Moonlight on Water

WITCHCRAFT. IS. NOT. SATANISM.

SATANISM. IS. NOT. WITCHCRAFT.

NEITHER. ARE. BAD.

:saladga:

she/her

LilyLark
1 minute ago, Cookies said:

NEITHER. ARE. BAD.

Also, the Church of Satan, at least in the US, is pretty tame (I read an article about it recently). They are like...all about science & separation of church and state. But people think they are out there eating other human beings.

David Ward
2 minutes ago, Cookies said:

NEITHER. ARE. BAD.

Hi, I'm a reporter from USA today, may I use your post in our next article?

Moonlight on Water
Just now, LilyLark said:

Also, the Church of Satan, at least in the US, is pretty tame (I read an article about it recently). They are like...all about science & separation of church and state. But people think they are out there eating other human beings.

Exactly! And it easily varies between people who perform different types of magic and see it as a form of spirituality. Imo, Satanism is more peaceful than Christianity.

she/her

11 minutes ago, LilyLark said:

LOL. I'm disturbed by how many people truly believe Marina's performance art is some act of devil worship. Like it's a big deal to work with her—she's famous!—and I'm sure the participants/models were thrilled. Now people think they were being cannibalized or some sh*t.

I’m sure those religious hillbillies can’t even spell “performance art”, let alone understand what it means :ladyhaha:

flyaway

She's not? Well, that was the only reason I stanned her. 

Guess I'm becoming a Lua Deepa fan from now on. 

js4754394o9823

as someone said already
witchcraft isn't satanic ans satanism isn't bad
+every artist is in some way connected to magic : ^)

red wine, cheap perfume and a filthy pout

Didn’t she say I’m a free witch baby while doing in a dirty dance on a song about a bad romance ?

also, the og supreme sand black magic or gaga gucci or prada so yes definitely witchcraft in Hollywood 

Archived