đź’“ DAWN OF CHROMATICA đź’“

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
interview

Sofi Tukker on Remixing 911 (GGD Exclusive Interview)

ChicaSkas

Featured Posts

ChicaSkas

Coveteur-Sofie-Tukker-043-homepage-1280x

Sofi Tukker -- quite possibly the hottest dance pop DJ duo since Daft Punk-- have recently released their remix of Gaga's "911" and it is currently at over 2 million streams across Spotify alone. They were so kind, despite their busy schedule, to answer a few questions we had about their lovely remix:

1. You've managed to infuse this track with urgency and tension, just like the name "911" evokes. What was it like remixing a Gaga track?

First of all, love that description of the song! It was an honor. When working on it and having her acapella in a session together with our vocals made us giddy and we kept looking at each other in disbelief. 

2. When a duo remixes a song, it's not often easy to tell who influenced what or whose sound is where. Are there any parts in the remix that are distinctly Tucker or especially Sophie? Or did you both just play around with the sound and go, "That's it!"

We worked a lot on the arrangement together although Tuck did most of the production!

3. If you could remix another track off Chromatica, which one would you guys pick?

This was really the one we were most excited about doing! We released a song called "Emergency" on the same day that Gaga released the video for 911 so it just felt like we HAD to do something with them together! Our voices from our track are in the remix.  

(Sure enough, familiar elements of the 911 remix are in the Emergency track below)

sofi-tukker-monster-ball-comment-since-d

4. Tucker, tell us about your Monster Ball experience!

It was the summer after my freshman year in college. It was at home and was one of the first dates with my new girlfriend at the time - and also went with my best friend and sister. We were all just jaw-dropped the whole time. We had never seen anything like it. Definitely made an impression :)

5. Can you tell us about your next creative project?

We're in the middle of finishing our second album right now, which we couldn't be more excited about. It's our favorite music we've ever made and being able to be creative during this time has been such a source of light and joy for us.

Thanks for your time, Sofi Tukker, we appreciate it!

All content (c) ChicaSkas for GagaDaily.com please give credit if reproducing.

Do YOU own the 4' by 6' Perfect Illusion promo Poster? Will pay you for it. Pic: http://i.imgur.com/UWuzumk

hieronymus

Thank you for making this happen and giving us insight into their artistry! I loved reading about their experiences as Gaga fans too!

Kulture Kiari

This is the remix I love the most. 

The only thing that annoys me everytime I hear it is that they missed the opportunity to throw a Paparazzi nod. Like use the "911 what's your emergency" line from the Paparazzi music video somewhere in that remix. But then again, my biggest enemy is me so, nevermind. 

Ludwig Beethoven

yay!  I would love some Alice remixes!  hopefully they will do one 

Music is a higher revelation than philosophy.

vyniildisk

i will never forget the day of the one world together livestream, this two flawless tricons came and you guys were "uiii who da f are this? what r they even doing, wtf is diz" bla bla bla

and NOW LOOK AT THEM, look!!!!

@ChicaSkas delivering the goods once again! :sara:

They seem lovely and they're insanely talented. Loved their Dancing on the People EP from last year and 'Swing' has gotta be my fave of theirs. Sublime.

Always coming through with the content arghh

I hope she works with then in the future

Thaks so much chika!! ❤️

ChicaSkas
2 minutes ago, Jase said:

They seem lovely and they're insanely talented. Loved their Dancing on the People EP from last year and 'Swing' has gotta be my fave of theirs. Sublime.

thank you good sir! It was a lot of fun to have the opportunity!

I love PURPLE HAT!

Do YOU own the 4' by 6' Perfect Illusion promo Poster? Will pay you for it. Pic: http://i.imgur.com/UWuzumk

Sorcerer92
5 minutes ago, Jase said:

If you like Dancing on the People you simply MUST listen to their first EP Soft Animals and of course their debut album, Treehouse.

ChicaSkas

They retweeted GGD's official account and me. Awesome :party:

Spoiler

ChicaSkas
36 minutes ago, Kulture Kiari said:

This is the remix I love the most. 

The only thing that annoys me everytime I hear it is that they missed the opportunity to throw a Paparazzi nod. Like use the "911 what's your emergency" line from the Paparazzi music video somewhere in that remix. But then again, my biggest enemy is me so, nevermind. 

In theory we fans could add that in. It would fit beautifully

Archived