Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
music news

The Guardian: Dua “out Gaga’d Gaga and out Kylie’d Kylie”

Kimmo

Featured Posts

Agunimon
1 minute ago, xoxo Craig said:

What we are NOT gonna do is compare Dua to The Fame Monster. Gaga was ontop of the world with TFM... Dua is barely knocking at the door

Nobody's comparing anything dude?? If you don't think Dua has achieved some level of cultural significance with how don't start now is a full on meme and she is pushing out content in the same manner that Gaga did during TFM you're a hater and a fool.

• Replies 320
  • Created
  • Last Reply
nathantj594

Tbh I don’t even know who dula lipa is...if you showed me pics of her and two other new generic pop stars, I wouldn’t be able to tell you who is who. 

And Paula Abdul ain’t got [BLEEP] on me!

xoxo Craig
Just now, Trenlord said:

Nobody's comparing anything dude?? If you don't think Dua has achieved some level of cultural significance with how don't start now is a full on meme and she is pushing out content in the same manner that Gaga did during TFM you're a fool.

You just did :billie:  I'm not saying Dua didn't have some success, but she isn't a worldwide phenomenon like the way Gaga was. 

End Racism Now

Agunimon
Just now, xoxo Craig said:

You just did :billie:  I'm not saying Dua didn't have some success, but she isn't a worldwide phenomenon like the way Gaga was. 

Okay I'm not about to argue you over word choice. People throw around compare here for everything. I never said it's the same level. I said she's in her TFM era.

Mise en Scene

The article is clearly an attempt to get attention and looks like it’s working because y’all are fuming. 
E5788-AAD-2-EC3-4-C0-F-901-E-FEE70-D4-F0

Nae mam hwik hwik gama panorama

xoxo Craig
1 minute ago, Trenlord said:

Okay I'm not about to argue you over word choice. People throw around compare here for everything. I never said it's the same level. I said she's in her TFM era.

Which she isn't.

End Racism Now

Luke78619
7 minutes ago, Trenlord said:

This is definitely Dua's Fame Monster era with the level of success she has deservingly achieved, but let's not kid ourselves. 

Hmmmm not in terms of impact, but in terms of this era being a career peak, I would agree, and she deserves it. I just hope she can follow through for the next era too 

6 minutes ago, xoxo Craig said:

And this is the result of promo, not which is better. If Gaga promoted and gave all the things she had planned, Chromatica's position would be higher than that. Still, Chromatica had a far bigger impact and reached number one... 

Imagine the absolute world domination that would have ensued if covid wasn’t a thing and the initial promo rollout had happened :giveup: I still have nightmares :giveup:

insta: good_lukeing | I have nothing else to promote

flyaway

They write these articles and they expect people not to be offended. 

The media is the one that pits women against each other. 

22 minutes ago, Cookie Tookie said:

They’re just pressed their fav did the bare minimum while all other entertainers are creatively coming up with ways to express their artistry. I’m not even a big Dua fan, but I can at least admire her effort and dedication this year. Her songs were played all over the radio and FN definitely had several moments this year. 

Yeah I guess it's that - on a more shady note I feel like the entire first page of replies is just from a lack of reading comprehension lol. If they wanted to say she was bigger and more "Gaga" than Gaga back in 2008-2012 they would've said that. But obviously in this article about THIS YEAR they are talking about how Dua was more Gaga than Gaga was with her newest album. And...hey, I see what they mean lol. 

That's not to say Chromatica is bad, it's just that Gaga is one person. You can only reinvent yourself so many times. Dua has a new perspective. In 4 more albums she'll be less impactful as well. It's just insane to think anyone would have brand new ideas after putting out hours and hours of music. Y'all need to leave this website and find another artist lol. 

Anyway that's my rant not directed at you at all just in general thoughts I've been having lmao

20 minutes ago, Luke78619 said:

Why are you lying :green: 

UK Charts 

23 - Future Nostalgia

76 - Dua Lipa

OUT - Chromatica 

US Charts

51 - Future Nostalgia

153 - Chromatica 

Year end chart for 2020:

#50 Chromatica 

#62 Future Nostalgia (Despite being released 8 weeks before Chromatica) 

:cryga:

Luke78619
1 minute ago, Adarsh said:

Year end chart for 2020:

#50 Chromatica 

#62 Future Nostalgia (Despite being released 8 weeks before Chromatica) 

:cryga:

If it rose 49 spots, it would’ve been #1 :vegas:

insta: good_lukeing | I have nothing else to promote

Just now, Luke78619 said:

If it rose 49 spots, it would’ve been #1 :vegas:

I’m content with it performing much better than the best pop album of the year :vegas:

Mise en Scene
8 minutes ago, alicefromabove said:

They write these articles and they expect people not to be offended. 

The media is the one that pits women against each other. 

No they want you to be offended that’s why they did it. Articles like this fire up stans all the time it’s on purpose because it drives up clicks to their site. 

Nae mam hwik hwik gama panorama

Archived