💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
music news

The Guardian: Dua “out Gaga’d Gaga and out Kylie’d Kylie”

Kimmo

Featured Posts

djBuffoon

I like Dua and Future Nostalgia is a terrific album, but she still has a long way to go as an artist and pop star before comparisons to Gaga or Kylie are warranted.

• Replies 320
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Flawless
7 minutes ago, venusfly said:

They didn't lie though, they are comparing album campaigns from this year, Dua has been on every single major TV show across the globe with this campaign sometimes even 2 or 3 times, she's been to all the award shows, released nearly 10 different music videos, served visuals, performances, all that stuff. She did out Gaga Gaga, this year.

Y'all nees to remember Dua is trying to solidify herself in the industry bc she's in her second album. Gaga has done the same as Dua when she needed to prove herself. Plus, the impact and hype Gaga created around herself isn't comparable to Dua's bc it was so much bigger. They aren't comparable by any means, sorry. Dua has a long way to go and I'm not even mentioning Kylie bc this woman has survived through four decades into the industry.

the scars on my mind are on replay.

venusfly
3 minutes ago, Flawless said:

Y'all nees to remember Dua is trying to solidify herself in the industry bc she's in her second album. Gaga has done the same as Dua when she needed to prove herself. Plus, the impact and hype Gaga created around herself isn't comparable to Dua's bc it was so much bigger. They aren't comparable by any means, sorry. Dua has a long way to go and I'm not even mentioning Kylie bc this woman has survived through four decades into the industry.

Everyone is taking this as a drag though when it isnt :emma: It's not normal for a popgirl these days to make the rounds all over the globe and really put an advertising campaign into their album, even if they are breaking through, Dua put in an enormous effort with the era for this album comparable to what Gaga did with TF/BTW, she's nowhere near as big but the same vibe is there. It's not a drag, it's just praise for Dua being everywhere this year.

zakariah

let’s get one thing straight, FN was definitely more of a Teenage Dream moment rather than a Bad Romance / The Fame Monster moment

RahrahWitch

Pitting women in the music industry against each other, how shocking....:mark:

Dua and Gaga are nothing alike, I don't understand how you would even begin to compare them.

Cookie Tookie

Idk about “out-Gaga’d Gaga”, but she sure did solidify her place in pop music and put all the pop girls to shame tbh. Dua Lipa did not make any excuses this year, and constantly brought something fresh and entertaining to the table. Gaga’s team should take notes.

SoSourCandy

yet she only sold 850k with her breakthru album 

chromatica 810k with a hit and half 12 years into her career 

only for 40k sps difference 

I- 

:ladyhaha:

critics really loves to overrate these days huh? half of FN is literally full of fillers :bye:

Luke78619

Why are people so butthurt in this thread, they’re referring to this era against Gaga’s and Kylie’s this year,  not their entire careers.. and they weren’t wrong, she’s been doing everything possible for her album, which the other two haven’t, even if it is just because she’s trying to establish herself as an artist 

insta: good_lukeing | I have nothing else to promote

Archived