music news

The Guardian: Dua “out Gaga’d Gaga and out Kylie’d Kylie”

Kimmo

Featured Posts

• Replies 320
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Sorcerer92

I think Future Nostalgia is the second best album of 2020 after Chromatica, but let's not delude ourselves. Dua is a fantastic breath of fresh air along the boring and stale pop girls and I am so excited to see how her career blossoms over the next couple of years; but she hasn't done anything truly groundbreaking yet. To pit her against an acclaimed, Oscar winner, artist like Gaga is really unfair and does a great disservice to her. Dua is not trying to be anyone else except herself; I think she'd cringe at these comparisons. 

ssslyboy

I like Dua - Levitating is my jam right now.  (Do people still say "my jam"?  I'm old.  Whatever.)  That said, she has neither the talent of Gaga nor the charisma of Kylie, so big disagree on that

nathantj594
2 hours ago, Regina George said:

I literally don’t know who you are. What names? 

You called me embarrassing! 

And Paula Abdul ain’t got [BLEEP] on me!

Regina George
1 minute ago, nathantj594 said:

You called me embarrassing! 

You said you don’t know one of the most popular it girls in pop music right now and that is indeed embarrassing. I didn’t call you names. 

The Clown

Monsters should be greatful for articles like these to be honest. The very fact that Gaga's name can be dropped just like that is a testament to her legacy and star power. It's just like in 2011, when people were comparing Gaga and Madonna, the comparison itself was testament to the latter's legend status.

Now; is it a fair assesment? Nope. FN, as good as it is, is in no way on the same level as The Fame Monster in terms of cultural impact and overall succes. Arguably, i's not even on Born This Way's level.

BUT, that should be no excuse to hate on Dua. The girl is extremely talented, hard working and dedicated. She's a pro, she truly loves her craft and her fans. She's an amazing artist and maybe, one day, she'll create a piece of work that is greater and more iconic than any of Gaga's work.

If it won't be her, somebody else will, some day. We need to accept that the woman who inspired us to be who we are, as well as our love for pop culture is not the only talented, inspiring artist out there. Some day, somebody will snatch her crown. It's important to accept that and not act like crybabies, the way some OGH Madonna stans did back in 2011.

nathantj594
3 minutes ago, Regina George said:

You said you don’t know one of the most popular it girls in pop music right now and that is indeed embarrassing. I didn’t call you names. 

Well It’s true. I don’t worship the ground Instagram walks on like some people. And embarrassing is an insult to me. I didn’t call you names! 

And Paula Abdul ain’t got [BLEEP] on me!

Justin Drew Bieber

These type of statements is what makes people want Dua to flop and crash down, it’s very dangerous. I hate the media

Regina George
13 minutes ago, nathantj594 said:

Well It’s true. I don’t worship the ground Instagram walks on like some people. And embarrassing is an insult to me. I didn’t call you names! 

And I didn’t call you names too. 

PawsUpJago

Okay this is a little much, I love the album but this is a LOT 😂 there were so many even better albums from less mainstream artists 

Lady Gaga did even more Promo and achieved so much more than Dua in her first 2 years of career, what are they talking about? Are we THAT desperate to have another It girl that we invent it? Her songs are catchy and she's good, but other than that....

LORD GAGA

Me when I’m delusional... 

i love Dua’s latest album but she’s nowhere near the others mentioned lmao 

Archived