Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
book

Favourite Books of 2020

monster4life231

Featured Posts

littlepotter

Wait is this the first year I don't read any fiction books :rip: i did read some for class but that doesn't count. I started the hobbit but i'm still in the middle of it

chaeri pls

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply
alsemanche

I think I've only read for classes this year but still my favs are:

-Limbo Beirut by Hilal Chouman 

-The Devil in the White City: Murder, Magic, and Madness at the Fair that Changed America by Erik Larson

-The Buddha of Suburbia by Hanif Kureishi 

Soft, soothing, and succulent

monster4life231
13 hours ago, LaLa said:

The Five by Hallie Rubenhold. It's non-fiction and tells the story of Jack the Ripper from the perspective of the victims, you learn all about the women and how they came to end up where they did.

This sounds interesting, I'll add it to my TBR!

spread peace - #MJInnocent

Godmatica

1. La canción secreta del mundo (José Antonio Cotrina), if you like dark fantasy you need to read this! 

2. And Then There Were None (Agatha Cristie), very intriguing, loved the end.

3. Eeny Meeny (M. J. Arlidge), I couldn’t stop reading this, it was so addicting.

• 1 month later...
On 12/19/2020 at 8:28 AM, Godmatica said:

1. La canción secreta del mundo (José Antonio Cotrina), if you like dark fantasy you need to read this! 

2. And Then There Were None (Agatha Cristie), very intriguing, loved the end.

3. Eeny Meeny (M. J. Arlidge), I couldn’t stop reading this, it was so addicting.

I would like to add to this list Beloved By Toni Morrison. This book is about an innovative solution in the detective genre.

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/20/2021 at 3:05 PM, bobfily said:

I would like to add to this list Beloved By Toni Morrison. This book is about an innovative solution in the detective genre.

I recently found an addition to my old recommendation. This is a wonderful text https://artscolumbia.org/free-essays/beloved-essay/ and book review. I like the combination of morality and open feelings. Love and passion are not the same thing.

"Lessons. My journey to a life that matters", by Gisele Bündchen

Another bestseller according to The New York Times. Famous supermodel Gisele Bündchen's memoir opens her eyes to the harsh truth: behind the perfect pictures on the glossy cover is a thorny path filled with dizzying ups and life-shattering downs.

Gisele's personal life is in stark contrast to her public image. Working in a modeling agency, which millions of girls around the world dream about, has been a real ordeal with addictions and psychological disorders.

In her book, the activist and advocate of enviromentalism talks about how not to lose yourself in this world and lead a healthy lifestyle.

Gisele has donated the royalties for the book to the Luz Foundation, a charity set up to support environmental and social initiatives.

https://www.slotozilla.com/free-slots/triple-red-hot-777

Archived