❤︎ ❤︎ ❤︎
opinion

P!nk is the Undisputed Queen of Longevity

JRCF29

Featured Posts

We all know P!nk, the R&B firecracker-turned-pop rock-superstar, who has continually set and subsequently raised the bar for live entertainment, winning Billboard's Legend of Live award in 2019. 

58e2958fdd0895c67f8b4a9f?width=958&forma

Today I will make the case, in list form, for why we should add "Queen of Longevity" to the long list of honorific titles we place before Alecia Beth Moore's name: 

- P!nk has placed 33 songs on the Billboard Hot 100 (Source)

- Her first entry was in 2000; her most recent entry was this year, 2020. 

- Four singles (Lady Marmalade (2001) So What (2008), Raise Your Glass (2010), and Just Give Me A Reason (2012)) have reached #1

- There's an 11-year gap between her first #1 and most recent #1. 

- Every album she's ever released, beginning with 'Can't Take Me Home' in 2000 and ending (for now) with 'Hurts 2B Human' in 2019, has charted on the BB200 (Source)

- Of those albums, all but one (her debut) has reached the top 10 of the chart.

- Of those albums, 3 have peaked at #1

- Combined, her albums have spent 669 weeks on the chart

- Starting with 'I'm Not Dead' in 2006, each one of P!nk's studio albums (excluding her greatest hits album) has charted either the same as or higher than the album it

- Her debut album, 'CTMH', has been certified 2x Platinum; her ninth album (eighth without including her greatest hits album) is certified Platinum (Source)

- P!nk has spent a combined total of almost 4 years on the Billboard Artist 100 (Source)

- In 2017, 17 years after the release of her debut album, she peaked at #1 on the chart

- P!nk was nominated for her first American Music Award in 2001, and her most recent American Music Award in 2019 (Source)

- She was nominated for her first Billboard Music Award in 2000, and her most recent BBMA in 2020

- She was nominated for her first VMA in 2000, and her most recent VMA in 2018

- P!nk has headlined seven concert tours.

- Her latest two concert tours alone (12 and 18 years into her career, respectively) have grossed well over $500 million (Source)

- She has received Pollstar Award (touring industry) nominations in four different years, across a 12-year span (Source)

- P!nk has 10.3M YT subscribers (Source)

- Across all videos, she has 5.89 billion views

- 18 videos, including singles from both her 2003 album 'Misundaztood' and her 2019 album 'H2BH', have over 100 million views (Source)

In virtually all metrics, P!nk continues to stay steady, or even improve, with age. No choice but to stan HA 

P!nk-GettyImages-1173885350.jpg

Don't Call Me Gaga

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Bonkers

Not to dispute this, but just as a heads up, you're going to be having some Madonna fans showing up and you might want to run. 

Remember to like and subscribe, and click on the bell icon to get the latest updates

River

I love P!nk a lot but her recent work was a bit meh and many of her old work is just very hateful toward other women like Stupid Girls and to other women celebrities like So What, Don't Let Me Get Me and others for no real reason.. so idk the more I grow up the more I just don't like listen to them because of that? I find them not nice.. but I still listen to many amazing songs of hers, like I'm Not Dead, Who Knew and others.

I'm working late, cause I'm a puta

5 minutes ago, Bonkers said:

Not to dispute this, but just as a heads up, you're going to be having some Madonna fans showing up and you might want to run. 

Please, Madonna's been on a downward trend since Hard Candy

Don't Call Me Gaga

Sorcerer92

I saw her on The Truth About Love Tour and WOW what an experience; I hate I was not able to catch her on her last tour. P!nk always serves left and right and I love seeing her get the love and adoration she deserves :applause:

Madame Goo Goo
3 minutes ago, JRCF29 said:

The doesn't take away the fact that she was producing best selling album and hits consistently from 1983-2012. 

Lady Gaga doesn't owe us anything

Sorcerer92
5 minutes ago, kukuryku666 said:

She's slut shaming time to time for years

Could you please provide some receipts because I have never seen anywhere were P!nk has slut shamed anyone :oprah: If anything she has been an outspoken advocate for women's sexuality. 

2 minutes ago, Madame Goo Goo said:

The doesn't take away the fact that she was producing best selling album and hits consistently from 1983-2012. 

Her and P!nk hold the 10th and 11th spots on highest grossing tours of all time list, respectively... I just wish that P!nk would do the Halftime show

Don't Call Me Gaga

2 minutes ago, Sorcerer92 said:

Could you please provide some receipts because I have never seen anywhere were P!nk has slut shamed anyone :oprah: If anything she has been an outspoken advocate for women's sexuality. 

They will say Kim Kardashian nude

Don't Call Me Gaga

androiduser

she is definitely successful, she has an impressive career, and her constant success since in the last 20 years is definitely a sign of longevity, but she has been doing the same thing over and over for the last 10 - 15 years. With many more singers having careers longer than 20 years, Pink cannot be the undisputed queen of longevity.

androiduser
10 minutes ago, JRCF29 said:

and what makes you think Pink won't be after her 30 years in the biz?

Sorcerer92
1 minute ago, androiduser said:

she has been doing the same thing over and over for the last 10 - 15 years.

I guess I'm uneducated on the matter but I don't get that impression at all. Sure Beautiful Trauma was not pinnacle of what she's capable of putting out, but I wouldn't call it regurgitating.  Pink is certainly better than most of the singers that have debuted in the last 20 years and that's a fact. 

Pop Music

I stan her so hard 

tea I think stuff from M!ssundaztood holds up just as well as stuff from Hurts 2B Human to me

Gaga 💝Taylor 💝Carly Rae 💝Rina 💝MARINA 💝Britney💝Lights 💝Shania 💝Sigrid💝

Archived