𝔤𝔞𝔤𝔞 𝔡𝔞𝔦𝔩𝔶 𝔰𝔥𝔬𝔭
Sign in to follow this  
lgbt

G-A-Y Bar In London Serves McDonald's So It Can Open In Tier 2

BUtterfield 8

a6d7f4c15fcb72057d87277caf087195.png&qua

Iconic London club G-A-Y has started to serve McDonald's meals so that it can stay open under what it calls the 'ridiculous' tier system. 

Owner Jeremy Joseph said that the rules discriminate against wet venues, saying that ministers have 'f***ed up'.

So that he could open his club in Old Compton Street, Soho (which falls under Tier 2), Jeremy worked with local food outlets, including Maccies, so he could offer table service and adhere to the rule that alcohol can only be served with a substantial meal.

Having introduced social distancing and mask rules, it means that although it's a far cry from their usual parties, the venue has been able to run in some capacity. 

Mr Joseph said: "The Government haven't really thought about this at all. They are so out of touch. 

"The problem is they haven't ever had a conversation with hospitality. 

"It's all very well saying you've got to serve food. But that's not what we do.

"Do they want me to suddenly open a kitchen and start cooking when I have no idea about food hygiene?

"The reason we teamed up with other restaurants is because that's what they do for a living."

Source

• LMAO 2
  • YAAAS 4

Argentum

I went to a leather bar in NYC that I used to hang out, just out of curiosity. 

They were serving gas station hot dogs and chips.

"Δεν είσαι αγάπη. Δεν είσαι αγάπη. Είσαι οφθαλμαπάτη. Η τέλεια οφθαλμαπάτη" - Λαίδη Γκάγκα, 2016
  • Shook 1

wetasspussy
1 minute ago, Argentum said:

I went to a leather bar in NYC that I used to hang out, just out of curiosity. 

They were serving gas station hot dogs and chips.

Hmmm i'm hungry now:selena:

So much time on the other side Waiting for you to wake up So much time on the other side Waiting for you to wake up
  • LMAO 2

Sorcerer92

Good for them! My favorite bar in Orlando did this a few times over the summer, but it was catered by a local company and not McDonald's. I love seeing venues adapt to these awful times in an attempt to stay afloat. Ive been supporting as many "local" places as I can lately 

Charlie
3 minutes ago, Sorcerer92 said:

Good for them! My favorite bar in Orlando did this a few times over the summer, but it was catered by a local company and not McDonald's. I love seeing venues adapt to these awful times in an attempt to stay afloat. Ive been supporting as many "local" places as I can lately 

Another Orlando person! 

fav song: lady haha — no floodz ft adele

Sorcerer92
9 minutes ago, Charlie said:

Another Orlando person! 

Not anymore, I moved in June. I miss it so much :selena:

lg5

Basically all of the bars have done this here in Dallas. In order to reopen as a “restaurant” they have to sell 51% food and 49% alcohol. So if you don’t order food with your drink, there’s usually an extra $1 charge per drink at most bars and they give you a hotdog, chips, fries, etc. 

I live downtown and the bars I hang out at are enforcing a proper social distancing and mask policy, for the rest of texas, I’m not sure how they’re handling it. 

tylertremallose
4 minutes ago, lg5 said:

Basically all of the bars have done this here in Dallas. In order to reopen as a “restaurant” they have to sell 51% food and 49% alcohol. So if you don’t order food with your drink, there’s usually an extra $1 charge per drink at most bars and they give you a hotdog, chips, fries, etc. 

I live downtown and the bars I hang out at are enforcing a proper social distancing and mask policy, for the rest of texas, I’m not sure how they’re handling it. 

the mall i work at, there are signs that say they enforce it but like 3 out of every 10 people dont wear masks and they like to throw a tantrum when we refuse them entry to our store since masks are required at our store 

• Like 1

Charlie
14 minutes ago, Sorcerer92 said:

Not anymore, I moved in June. I miss it so much :selena:

There’s a big big world out there. I moved and came back. #regrettedit

orlando is full of drunk people!! Self-care while away! 

fav song: lady haha — no floodz ft adele
  • Love 1

Yes To Heaven

Random question, but is keeping bars open really important right now considering we should all be still social distancing whereas bars and clubs are quite the opposite of that? This is a legit question as in my mind this is more on the dangerous side than anything. I know many people who go to clubs and bars and think Covid is not dangerous, and since they already had it, that they can not infect others so they go about their regular party lifestyle with little precautions.

an angel held me like a child
  • Like 1
  • LMAO 1
  • Thanks 3

Sorcerer92
19 minutes ago, Yes To Heaven said:

Random question, but is keeping bars open really important right now considering we should all be still social distancing whereas bars and clubs are quite the opposite of that? This is a legit question as in my mind this is more on the dangerous side than anything. I know many people who go to clubs and bars and think Covid is not dangerous, and since they already had it, that they can not infect others so they go about their regular party lifestyle with little precautions.

As long as the bars enforce protections, what is the issue? If Walmart can be open, I damn well deserve to go to a bar and have a beer. The guidelines about which places can be open and which cannot are so misguided and unfairly target places like this.

Edited by Sorcerer92

Cello

A night out in GAY / Heaven / Freedom is not complete without a maccies :pole:

RahrahWitch

Bars here have been doing the same thing, I'm not sure how I feel about it.

If there's seated areas with distancing in place and they can operate like a restaurant with time limits per table then I guess that's fine but no doubt there's some places that are using selling food as a way to get around the rules and not enforcing guidelines, With alcohol involved that's a very risky thing to do.

Edited by RahrahWitch
  • Like 1