💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Why Does All I Want For Christmas... Chart, but Not Jingle Bells?

RRR

Featured Posts

Why is Mariah's bop All I Want For Christmas Is You able to chart over and over, but other classic songs like Jingle Bells don't? Isn't there a Billboard limit to how many times a song can shart? Discuss :dom:

edengowon

jingle bells doesn't have one single original recording that everyone can stream, everyone basically plays different versions and covers

the artist formerly known as melancholia

vyniildisk

AIWFCIY is kinda upbeat! you can bop to it, you can dance while at the same time sing ur bussy out so theres that

Sorcerer92

Because it's a fantastic modern addition to the over saturated Christmas music catalog. Plus, it has a relatable theme :vegas:

Justin Drew Bieber

Imo there shouldn’t be a limit to how many times a song can chart, AIWFCIY will go #1 every year. :legend:

"only Perry Como's cover managed to debut in the charts."

from Genius.

Je ne parle pas français but I can padam if you like

21 minutes ago, Autumn said:

jingle bells doesn't have one single original recording that everyone can stream, everyone basically plays different versions and covers

this is the only correct answer, jingle bells is a classic and public domain so it'd be surprising if any single version reaches the top spot, given how many of them are released and re-released every year

This was an official message from the Office of the First Lady.

33 minutes ago, Autumn said:

This and also All I Want For Christmas is You is a superior song

If you see me posting like crazy, I'm either bored or procrastinating.

ChicaSkas
1 hour ago, Sorcerer92 said:

Because it's a fantastic modern addition to the over saturated Christmas music catalog. Plus, it has a relatable theme :vegas:

The only other one that comes close to this is the wonderful one by Wham's George Michael, "Last Christmas" -- as far as modern Christmas classics. 

Do YOU own the 4' by 6' Perfect Illusion promo Poster? Will pay you for it. Pic: http://i.imgur.com/UWuzumk

ChicaSkas
1 hour ago, Jill said:

this is the only correct answer, jingle bells is a classic and public domain so it'd be surprising if any single version reaches the top spot, given how many of them are released and re-released every year

I think we have a small Gaga version I leaked for last years Christmas Advent... 

(edit: this was not the version I had)

Do YOU own the 4' by 6' Perfect Illusion promo Poster? Will pay you for it. Pic: http://i.imgur.com/UWuzumk

Archived