💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
throwback

Future Nostalgia gave birth to 5 singles

vyniildisk

Featured Posts

VOLANTIS
5 minutes ago, ThisGuyTony said:

She’s had a successful era but let’s not get carried away calling her a “legend” yet. :billie:

Her competition is nowhere to be found though. :awkney:

She high-key proved herself with this cursed year. 

I'll lift you 3 inches off the ground and drag you to a meter and a half

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply
HausOfAntonio

Dua’s a great girl and really did the most. Props to her and her work ethic. 

But calling her a legend... :ladyhaha:

Michael Jackes deserves “legend”

Madonna deserves “legend”

Prince deserves “legend”

Are we really putting Peep in that category? :billie:

KingRedd

I mean... word choice could use some tinkering but overall she’s been a bright light this tragic year. A legend she is not... yet, but she is off to an impressive start. Super bowl ready? No where near... but I can see her in the distant future being the only one of her peers still relevant enough to be considered if she stays on this upward path. Dua is pretty dope. 

May I Read You? 😎

Sneaky Oliver

I dare to say...the most perfect era ever since Born This Way and Teenage Dream years! :worship2:

I’m on my Legacy Act era

vyniildisk
6 minutes ago, HausOfAntonio said:

Dua’s a great girl and really did the most. Props to her and her work ethic. 

But calling her a legend... :ladyhaha:

Michael Jackes deserves “legend”

Madonna deserves “legend”

Prince deserves “legend”

Are we really putting Peep in that category? :billie:

yes, we all know they are legends, but there can be new living legends right? new additions? 

Luke78619
14 minutes ago, Regina George said:

Hoping for Love Again MV and Grammy performance with orchestra.. That would be a dream ending to an iconic era

Knowing her, she probably has another 5 singles coming with the B-Side :air: 

insta: good_lukeing | I have nothing else to promote

Luke78619

Wait the FN track also had a lyric video with her in it rather than just text

insta: good_lukeing | I have nothing else to promote

venusfly
1 minute ago, Luke78619 said:

Wait the FN track also had a lyric video with her in it rather than just text

Yep, we also have the Dont Start Now (Live in LA) video and the Prisoner video. She’s been busy!

HausOfAntonio
7 minutes ago, Dulo Peep said:

yes, we all know they are legends, but there can be new living legends right? new additions? 

I don’t think Dua is at a level to be considered one if I’m honest. She’s had really big commercial success but she’s not a mega-talent like the people I would consider to be. She’s not an amazing vocalist, not a great dancer, doesn’t have electrifying stage presence, and is not exceedingly charismatic. There’s nothing wrong with that she’s a lovely person and a great pop artist, but lets be real. Dua is just not known first and foremost for being a TALENT. (Don’t drag I really like Peep like everyone does)

Hyperballad
17 minutes ago, VOLANTIS said:

Her competition is nowhere to be found though. :awkney:

She high-key proved herself with this cursed year. 

She did but I still wouldn’t call her a legend yet. But she’s definitely proved herself this year.

This time last year she was known as a generic one-hit wonder fad with no rhythm. She really worked her a** off this era. I stan!  :air:

Teletubby
28 minutes ago, Dulo Peep said:

physical had a extra cute worout video 

you forgot about this :grr:

I had a hole in the pocket of my favourite coat And my love for @Juanlittlem dropped into the lining

Anderson123
30 minutes ago, Regina George said:

Hoping for Love Again MV and Grammy performance with orchestra.. That would be a dream ending to an iconic era

That'd be amazing to see but I think they're gonna ask her to perform Don't Start Now.

vyniildisk
13 minutes ago, Hyperballad said:

This time last year she was known as a generic one-hit wonder fad with no rhythm. 

giphy.gif

I am taking the high road on this one 

i wouldn't call her a legend, but I would 100% argue that this has been the biggest/best pop era in a looooonnnnnnnnggg time

Genuine bops? ✔️

Multiple hit singles? ✔️

Killer music videos? ✔️

Diverse array of live performances? ✔️

Cohesive aesthetic? ✔️

(Almost) no skips? ✔️

like, she served us an actual era at a time when the pandemic + streaming has made that unnecessary, but she did it anyway. This will be remembered as one of those classics where an artists truly got everything right. Just like TFM, Good Girl Gone Bad, Teenage Dream, TUN, Baby One More Time, 1989, etc. really established those artists as big names, Future Nostalgia took Dua from "promising young star" to "yeah, she's legit." Like, the growth from her first album to FN is kinda wild, and I don't know if anyone was really expecting it.

she needs a few more albums to cement her status, but for right now at least, she's undoubtedly a main pop girl

(also, this website would have absolutely exploded if this were a Gaga album)

Archived