Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

Shawn Mendes reveals struggles with body image

COOOK

Featured Posts

Oriane

Disappointed but not surprised by the comments as always. You all stan a woman who has had body image issues for years, has struggled with bulimia, has experimented with outfits and makeup to find her own beauty because she felt like she wasn't up to society's beauty standards, and yet you're making fun of Shawn. Interesting.

You popped my heart seams, all my bubble dreams

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, FentyGa said:

the replies here...no wonder people hate this site

and no wonder men often dont feel comfortable speaking about eating disorders

y’all are so insensitive and disrespectful

This site is almost worse than the AskGayBros subreddit 😅

MaMaMarryTheNight
4 minutes ago, Bae said:

This site is almost worse than the AskGayBros subreddit 😅

Link pls :triggered:

⚔️💖 THE PAID PARTNERSHIPS CONTINUE💖⚔️

vyniildisk
2 hours ago, Pharamon said:

The fact that not even my physiological needs are satisfied is sad...

What? Why? 

ToxicHot

What’s with all the rude and mean comments? This is exactly the problem, you people hold him (and other celebrities) to an unrealistic standard. He’s human too... Just because you can’t relate to him personally doesn’t mean you have to sh*t on him for opening up about his struggles? Grow up.

(Also, I like him but I’m not an actual fan of his—just looking at this situation objectively.)

dOnT sAd ReAcT mE 2 bE sHaDy i WiLL RePoRt U!!1!

ToxicHot
3 hours ago, Oriane said:

Disappointed but not surprised by the comments as always. You all stan a woman who has had body image issues for years, has struggled with bulimia, has experimented with outfits and makeup to find her own beauty because she felt like she wasn't up to society's beauty standards, and yet you're making fun of Shawn. Interesting.

I love this. You took the words RIGHT out of my mouth. The hypocrisy on this site is WAY too much.

dOnT sAd ReAcT mE 2 bE sHaDy i WiLL RePoRt U!!1!

FentyGa
4 hours ago, pachinko said:

Well, he literally has a perfect body. He should seek mental help if he feels otherwise.

you realise body image issues and eating disorders are mental illnesses, right?

and phrases like ‘perfect body’ just perpetuate unrealistic standards and cause more issues for people.

chromaticainmyhead

4429fb527a8495b13025005210ea5309--lady-g 

sweet reminder that Gaga herself once launched a campaign about body positivity 

fan-tas-tique, chic, freak, slaaaay

this is brave of him because men do not talk about body image issues like at all so seeing this from a big popstar that is considered a hunk to his fans I am very happy. I was bullemic for most of my childhood and felt even more shame about it because you can't even speak about it to anyone as a guy because most view eating disorders as "girl issues". I remember when I told my school cuncillor she literally chuckled and then tried suggesting things to help me but I will never forget the shock I experienced when she literally giggled because I as a guy has an eating disorder :rip: people are tragic sometimes. anyways proud of him :heart: 

Blastertoyo
13 hours ago, Gagadonna said:

8704CDF6-82F0-4884-A9B1-F642BD740DF7.jpe 

And? 
im not complain about the image y’all have of me? 
I know y’all see me as a dumb idiot who makes dad jokes because that’s what I show

I’m not on here making threads and posts about how I’m insecure cuz none of y’all see me as more than a piece of meat and that I’m insecure I’ll never be perfect 

:awkney:
The way you completely missed the exact point I was making.
If you actually read what I wrote instead of trying to be “funny” and shady you would know how much of an idiot hypocrite you’re being by making this personal 

bet you reaaaaaally thought you did something there in a thread about body image :awkney:

please enlighten me to death

crybrowz

Tbh hearing conventionally attractive men speak about having body image issues makes me feel better about mine. I'm glad he chose to speak about this and wish there was less of a stigma around men having insecurities about the way they look. Being a guy with body image issues sucks because, like one of the users above me mentioned, you have the shame of hating the way you look, and then you have an additional layer of shame because men aren't really allowed to feel that way. And as a lot of you have mentioned, yes he objectively has a perfect body, but it's hard to be objective about your own appearance. He probably sees flaws in himself that we don't, and he probably feels a lot of pressure to maintain his physique for the sake of his career. To everyone who is struggle with self image issues I hope you all are able to overcome it, and find healthy ways to work towards improving your self esteem! 

arrtpop
13 hours ago, pachinko said:

Well, he literally has a perfect body. He should seek mental help if he feels otherwise.

coming from me, someone with bad body dysmorphia, can you stop? do you know how damaging that rhetoric is? i have been dangerously thin in my life and called "beautiful" by people but can still look at myself like a whale. its not as easy as "seeking mental help". you're dismissing a real issue just because you think he's attractive, its not always that simple. saying that someone has a "perfect body" only adds to the issue. think before you post something like that

aphrodite

Archived