🇺🇸 Lady Gaga sings the National Anthem 🇺🇸

Sign in to follow this  
society

Austrian village changes of '****ing'' changes name

FfFfFfFF

55741274_303.jpg

Residents of an Austrian village will ring in the new year under a new name – Fugging – after ridicule of their signposts, especially on social media, became too much to bear.

They finally grew weary of ****ing, its current name, which some experts say dates back to the 11th century.

Minutes from a municipal council meeting published on Thursday showed that the village of about 100 people, 350km (215 miles) west of Vienna, will be named Fugging from 1 January 2021.

Increasing numbers of English-speaking tourists have made a point of stopping in to snap pictures of themselves by the signpost at the entrance to the village, sometimes striking lascivious poses for social media. Some have reportedly even stolen the signposts, leading the local authorities to use theft-resistant concrete when putting up replacements.

The village was first officially inhabited in about 1070, but local lore suggests that a sixth-century Bavarian nobleman called Focko actually founded the settlement. A map dating from 1825 used the spelling Fuking.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/nov/26/fugging-hell-tired-of-mockery-austrian-village-changes-name

►► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ►► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ►► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ►► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ►
  • Like 1
  • LMAO 5
  • Sad 1

weed

I understand where they’re coming from but “Fugging” isn’t much better :laughga: interesting how “F*cking” exists in another language spelt just like that lol

• Like 1

xoxo Craig
4 minutes ago, weed said:

I understand where they’re coming from but “Fugging” isn’t much better :laughga: interesting how “F*cking” exists in another language spelt just like that lol

"FunkDowntown" would be better imo :billie:

End Racism Now

weed
2 minutes ago, xoxo Craig said:

"FunkDowntown" would be better imo :billie:

“Funkytown” lmao would even boost their tourism!

• Like 1
  • YAAAS 1

xoxo Craig
1 minute ago, weed said:

“Funkytown” lmao would even boost their tourism!

Omg yaaas :giveup:

End Racism Now

Marges

I‘m surprised they didn’t change it to another name because there is another Fugging near Sankt Pölten already and usually they add something behind it like a river or what else is there. But maybe it‘s because the village is in Upper Austria and not Lower Austria.

Edited by Marges

Quartz

That's a shame. They could have really capitalized on that, really.

Inside, we are really made the same. 🕊

Marges
6 minutes ago, Quartz said:

That's a shame. They could have really capitalized on that, really.

They would have, but the sign was stolen very often, people had s*x in front of it, took photos plus that village actually isn‘t that interesting except from the name :billie:

Edited by Marges
  • LMAO 2

Quartz
3 minutes ago, Marges said:

They would have, but the sign was stolen very often, people had s*x in front of it, took photos plus that village actually isn‘t that interesting except from the name :billie:

I would run with it lol. Be a dildo capital. Imagine the economical benefits :laughga:

Inside, we are really made the same. 🕊
  • LMAO 3

RAMROD

Won't they will get ridiculed even more with fugging?

Anyway, I doubt people will stop. Especially on internet

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ 🏳️‍🌈 Wiccan ❤️🧡💛💚💙💜 Hulkling 🏳️‍🌈 Forever 🏳️‍🌈

Kadikaado

It's dumb of them not to monetize. Like others said, make it profitable, sell dildos, make a motel near the sign, make it into a tourist attraction. Sex sells!

Oriane

I think we have a "Bitch" in France.

Hey sis! I know it's a bit awkward to ask but can you make me win? I know I flopped this round, I want to make sure I still have my throne

Gypsygaga1

Pfff I live close to that village and they want to change it because people keep stealing the signs when they are drunk so they can hang them up somewhere:smh::smh:

Perfect Ilusion

Curunir
33 minutes ago, Oriane said:

I think we have a "Bitch" in France.

England has Bitchfield, Cocking, Whores Wood and Penistone, to name a few :ladyhaha:

• LMAO 2