Featured Posts

FentyGa

objectively, along with after hours, yep. top 2 for sure

the ppl disagreeing are just showing how tasteless and basic they are lol

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Sorcerer

There are some standout tracks (cardigan, exile, mirrorball, august) but this album is just so flat. There's always a feeling that we already had that track before.

Butters Stotch
1 hour ago, MessyTop said:

Can we face it? Tell that to all the fans that bought the album for weeks and enjoy her music. It’s ok not to like the album, but pretending that nobody likes it because you don’t like it a bit silly. “Let me buy the album cause I want to pretend I like it” LOL

No, it's not about that. The fans can enjoy it as much as they want to, and buy as many as they want. That's not what I'm talking about. It's about the critics talking about this album as if it was a masterpiece or something out of this world. It's good, but it's not like it changed the whole world, let's face that. 

FIND YOUR FREEDOM IN THE MUSIC

Butters Stotch
1 hour ago, MessyTop said:

Can we face it? Tell that to all the fans that bought the album for weeks and enjoy her music. It’s ok not to like the album, but pretending that nobody likes it because you don’t like it a bit silly. “Let me buy the album cause I want to pretend I like it” LOL

And also, the fans would buy anything Taylor releases, just like we do with Gaga, so I don't think fan opinions are that objective. I never said I didn't like it or that no one can like it, I just said it's not a big deal of an album, not the great masterpiece everyone is trying to say it is... honestly. I liked it, but when you compare this album to others released in 2020, like SAWAYAMA and What's Your Pleasure?... which one is a masterpiece? If you say Folklore... girl go see a doctor.

FIND YOUR FREEDOM IN THE MUSIC

I love the album, it’s a great listen, but totally see how it’s overrated for 2 reasons:

1. The story behind the album made the album appear better than it actually is. The fact that Taylor made a low-key album while in isolation really affected people’s perception in viewing this project as capital-A Art. Critics are all like: “this album was born in solitude during a historic moment while an artist was at her most introspective and vulnerable point — how interesting!”

2. Taylor explained that some songs are based on real stories while others are “folklore” — and that is a WIDELY celebrated feature of this album. Meanwhile, basically every other singer on earth has a blend of songs based on real stories and others that are more fictional. You could easily take Joanne as an example of an album that blends personal “real” stories with fiction. 

1 hour ago, BloodyJudas said:

Folklore>>>>>Chromatica. Period and it’s not even close. And in general, fans and critics share my opinion  aside from our fan base. 

And if anything, Gaga is the one who sounds like a robot in the vast majority of songs on Chromatica.
I’d love Gaga to say goodbye to the EDM sound for good (since it’s so outdated and she’s done it before) and release a universally acclaimed album like “Folklore.” ASAB is amongst one of the best albums she’s ever released and that’s a fact. 

Different strokes for different folks, I guess. I find Taylor’s voice beautiful, stirring and unique. She knows how to write and produce an emotional song. 

Of course, you’re entitled to your opinion, I’m not trying to prevail upon you to change it but there are many fans on this forum who will agree with me on this. Have a nice day and stay healthy! 

Joanne says hi

Chromatography
25 minutes ago, SpiritBunny said:

I’m so thankful I Stan Gaga. She’s actually an interesting artist

y’all are so rude omg :cryga:

the bitterness is jumping tf OUT. over what? because some magazine said her album wasn’t the best of 2020? could it be..that more people...actually liked taylor’s album? a concept.

Illuminati

Obviously everyone has their own favorite but the pressed loose bottoms here trying to discredit folklore just sound petty. It may not be your favorite but it is objectively a good album.

Archived