Shawn Mendes is British GQ's "Solo Artist Of The Year"

COOOK

Featured Posts

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply
47 minutes ago, bionic said:

Men refuse to be adventurous with imagery

I’m not sure it’s fair to blame men for the confines a culture puts on them.

There is a thick shellac of toxic masculinity that every man and woman needs to help remove, so that men can be more “adventurous” exploring their self-expression.

StrawberryBlond

What is with magazines giving honours to people who haven't even started doing anything until towards the end of the year? Shawn hasn't released any solo material this year until last month and his album isn't even out yet and the year's almost over. And as for Lashana Lynch, the movie she's in hasn't even been released yet (Covid delays, yes, but the point is, no one's seen it) and she's been in no other movies or tv shows this year, so her inclusion makes even less sense. I can't take these honours seriously. They're all about payola.

bionic
10 hours ago, SKANK said:

There is a thick shellac of toxic masculinity that every man and woman needs to help remove, so that men can be more “adventurous” exploring their self-expression.

Shawn just released an entire documentary about separating himself from constraints of toxic masculinity, so we can’t apply this standard to him

buy bionic

Lion Heart

Payola.

The Weekend, Bieber, and even DojanCat are stronger contenders for Solo Artist if the Year. Wtf did shawn even do all year? Nothing. Everything has happened in the past few weeks. So how can he be the Solo Artist of the YEAR. This **** makes no sense.

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀

12 minutes ago, Lion Heart said:

Payola.

The Weekend, Bieber, and even DojanCat are stronger contenders for Solo Artist if the Year. Wtf did shawn even do all year? Nothing. Everything has happened in the past few weeks. So how can he be the Solo Artist of the YEAR. This **** makes no sense.

Lately ive seen this artist of the year being promotion slot for the debut album in the following year.

12 minutes ago, Lion Heart said:

Payola.

I’d vote for sexiest of the year but Artist of the year????? To his fans maybe 

Serial Chiller
14 hours ago, Eido said:

:huntyga: Why do men photoshoots always look the same ? I am not criticizing HIM, but the fact that it's just always the same with men celebs 

Because do anything else and Candace Owens will crawl out from the pits of hell to ruminate on the destruction of masculinity and western civilization. :sis:

Teletubby
2 hours ago, weed said:

I’d vote for sexiest of the year but Artist of the year????? To his fans maybe 

he performed, now every awards are like - you perform for us you get award:teehee: 

I had a hole in the pocket of my favourite coat And my love for @Juanlittlem dropped into the lining

Dominic
15 hours ago, SKANK said:

Pretty much echoing this.

We all saw what happened to Harry Styles recently just got wearing something different. If society stopped forcing men into a box and then scolded them when they left it we wouldnt have this issue. 

Amazes me how many people talk about "toxic masculinity" but directly uphold it with their stereotypes. Daft really  

The hardest thing in this world is to live in it

Archived