đź’™ HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT đź’š

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
other

Hot Dr. Mike apologizes after caught partying in Miami

Lion Heart

Featured Posts

Bradley
54 minutes ago, Curunir said:

No. That boat party wasn't a mistake, it was a series of informed choices. Very poor ones.

But I understand what you're saying and I agree about his apology being appropriate. For me personally, it's good enough, because he still continues to spread the right message and is, of course, on the side of science. But that doesn't change the fact that he knowingly screwed up this big. All things taken into consideration, the backlash is warranted. He's a doctor first and foremost. What he did was extremely inconsiderate towards his patients. He's also a public figure, there's med students that look up to him. Instead of leading by example he did the most irresponsible thing a person could do in the midst of a pandemic. That says a lot about his judgment.

At the end of the day, for me it's apology accepted.

But... "Trust is like a mirror, you can fix it if it's broken, but you can still see the crack in that mother f*cker's reflection"

I appreciate that you're trying to be fair. However, he wasn't being inconsiderate to his patients at all. He messed up because of something he did in his private life, and because of the fact that he is a public figure, his doings in his private life are extended to his public life. This is something which is inevitable, sure, and you could say 'he chose fame' much like how we say Gaga was the one who chose fame, but it does not mean that we get to fault him for public consequences resulting from something that wasn't supposed to be public in the first place.

In that case, we are the ones who amplified his fault, because this is how fame works. Still, if the same happened to someone who had less fame, evaluating each and every decision on the level of risk we are comfortable with (risk is a spectrum, not binary like he said), is not a ground for us to fault someone.

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply
jacs vs looser
16 minutes ago, BUtterfield 8 said:

I would of have a little bit more respect for him if he had uploaded it on his main channel so:

tenor.gif

Exactly, as good as the apology could be the fact that he chose to publish it via his secondary channel with far less subscribers shows it to be disingenuous, like he cares more about his brand image than the message itself. 

Curunir
6 minutes ago, Bradley said:

However, he wasn't being inconsiderate to his patients at all.

I'm sorry but I have to disagree with this.

6 minutes ago, Bradley said:

but it does not mean that we get to fault him for public consequences resulting from something that wasn't supposed to be public in the first place.

I see what you're trying to say, but the problem here is that he did something that he absolutely shouldn't have done. Doing it "in private" makes it look that much worse.

I don't agree with cancel culture and I don't think he deserves do be "canceled" over this, but just take a look at the Youtube comments on that video. There's dozens of medical workers and med students expressing disappointment for very valid reasons. It's not just blind hate. There's people who haven't been able to attend a loved one's funeral because of the virus, and after being preached at for 10 months about social distancing and staying home, they have a right to feel outraged that a famous doctor, of all people, went ahead and partied on a boat.

MelbHawker

:fail: Anyone defending this idiot is brainless. Covid spreads through people, most aggressively (& uncontrollably) in large crowds. He’s a doctor, the last line of defense all communities have against this virus, & he (obviously knowing how Covid spreads) goes & puts himself in an environment which encourages the spread of Covid - and puts him at an extremely high risk of contracting it. & then he goes back to treating sick people at his place of work. 

I currently have 4 relatives in hospital with Covid in the US, 2 of the 4 can’t breathe without ventilators - if I found that a doctor treating them went on boat parties in his spare time given the context at the moment, I’d be absolutely outraged, angry & in absolute disbelief.

Archived