🇺🇸 Lady Gaga sings the National Anthem 🇺🇸

Sign in to follow this  
society

Ghislaine Maxwell is woken up in her cell every 15 mins by flashlight

BUtterfield 8

200711103359-smr-maxwell-exlarge-169.jpg

Ghislaine Maxwell, the former girlfriend of Jeffrey Epstein who is accused of grooming and abusing underage girls, is woken up every 15 minutes to see if she's alive, according to a letter filed by her attorney Tuesday.

"Despite non-stop in-cell camera surveillance Ms. Maxwell's sleep is disrupted every 15 minutes when she is awakened by a flashlight to ascertain whether she is breathing," attorney Bobbi Sternheim wrote.

Maxwell, who is awaiting her trial at the Metropolitan Detention Center (MDC) in Brooklyn, New York, is "in de facto solitary confinement under the most restrictive conditions," according to her legal counsel. 

Maxwell is "excessively and invasively searched" and monitored 24 hours per day, treatment her lawyer says is more restrictive than prisoners convicted of terrorism or capital murder.

Sternheim requested that US District Judge Alison Nathan order the MDC's warden to address the court regarding the conditions of Maxwell's detention.

Maxwell was placed in quarantine earlier this week after a staff member who works in her area of the detention center tested positive for Covid-19. She tested negative for the virus, and is showing no symptoms, according to a letter from federal prosecutors submitted to the court.

Source

• LMAO 1
  • YAAAS 2
  • Shook 2

bionic

Because they expect her to 'commit suicide' like Epstein 'did'?

buy bionic
  • Like 6

Enigma

The fact she has lawyers...

Like, I know everyone gets lawyers but it just struck me that there are people out there who have to actively try and make this bitch's life better :saladga:

• Like 2

JusKeepBreathin

A flash light? They should use hot pokers or knives.

villainous knife GIF by Originals

Edited by JusKeepBreathin
"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity." -Martin Luther King Jr.
  • Like 1
  • LMAO 2
  • Love 1

littlepotter

Why would they care if she's alive? 

can you hear me come undone?

JusKeepBreathin
2 minutes ago, littlepotter said:

Honestly she has alot of tea to spill. 

"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity." -Martin Luther King Jr.
  • Like 13
  • LMAO 1
  • YAAAS 1
  • Thanks 2

jsn
3 minutes ago, littlepotter said:

To get information out of her; that's why the dude "killing himself" was bad

• Like 14
  • Thanks 2

President Biden

:lolga: she deserves to rot and die in hell

:yennefer:.....but this is blatant unconstitutional “cruel and unusual punishment” before she has ever been even charged. 

Speaks volumes about how effed up our treatment of suicide attempers is in America.

Edited by President Biden
I got drunk
  • Like 3

sarahb
7 minutes ago, President Biden said:

:lolga: she deserves to rot and die in hell

:yennefer:.....but this is blatant unconstitutional “cruel and unusual punishment” before she has ever been even charged. 

Speaks volumes about how effed up our treatment of suicide attempers is in America.

I was reading yesterday that this is normal for people on suicide watch. They flash a light at their stomach for a second to see if it rises and then they move on. If it happens to wake her up then oh well. 

• Thanks 1

Defmix100
1 hour ago, Enigma said:

The fact she has lawyers...

Like, I know everyone gets lawyers but it just struck me that there are people out there who have to actively try and make this bitch's life better :saladga:

didn't Hillary Clinton represent a child ra**st and tear the victim to shreds in court? It seems a lot of people in law leave morals at the door so long as the get paid

Enigma
14 minutes ago, Defmix100 said:

didn't Hillary Clinton represent a child ra**st and tear the victim to shreds in court? It seems a lot of people in law leave morals at the door so long as the get paid

Didn't know that, disgusting if true

This may be one of the most blatant flaws of capitalism. People defending literal child sex traffickers for a good pay...