Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Poll: Are Beyonce 9 nominations deserved?

Kimmo

Beyoncé’s 9 nominations   

381 members have voted

1. 1. Was it fair?

• Yes, very deserving
    • No, there was fraud
    • She took The Weeknd’s spot just like JB

Featured Posts

Gagaism

I don’t know, I just know that Grammys really missed the point of celebrating BLM after all of these years getting backlash for its racism accusations and also for what 2020 represents for black people. I don’t wanna say it’s necessary and that’s not my business but having a black, talented, hard working guy as Abel which released just the most successful song of the year sounds like a non sense imo. That being said, I can’t say if Beyoncé deserves all of those noms or not, but definitely adding him at the top nominations with her and other successful POC artists this year would be really really great. 
I feel so bad for him, still can’t believe he didn’t got any nom. 

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i mean i understand black is king and brown skin girl being nominated for visual/video or whatever but black parade on the big categories screams payola all the way

... and now i just sit in silence.

SevenWonder

She got nominated because she's Beyonce. We all know that.

I don't care that her selections weren't huge in terms of sales. That really shouldn't come into play for the Grammys's. Anymore than a Marvel movie should get an Oscar for box office receipts. The songs just weren't that good, tbh. And I really like Beyonce. 

If it was just to get her to appear? Fine. (I get that, honestly. Ratings matter.) But then nominate her for two. But nine? So many artists who actually put out worthy songs - who with even on Grammy nom can have a career altering night - lost a huge chance to have their artistry shown. And that's sad to me. 

All that said, unless there's actual payola, I don't even blame Beyonce. It's just the way it is. 

OT: Gaga should have at least four more noms...

6 hours ago, JusKeepBreathin said:

So I know you're not from the U.S.  but here we are literally living in a world where brown and black skinned people are being hunted down for being black or brown while jogging.  Nothing wrong with pride in a racial minority group. 

yes but its just.... can she make art on other stuff? it just seems fishy and looks like shes hopping on social trends 

TimisaMonster

No...Grammys are just GIVEN to Beyonce if all she did was breathe into a mic...

Stream my new single, 💜"Heartbeat"💜, on Spotify!

Lion Heart

No way in hell she deserves all of those nominations. 

Black Parade in the General Field categories? Seriously? 

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀

I only just say "Disney+" 

I bet we will hear something about this being a connected "deal" involving the pushing of Disney+ promotion and Beyoncé selling it in an exciting and exclusive shiny way, care of a contract agreement. I can't prove it of course,but it's just what I see from watching all along. It was all exaggeratedly being sold and advertised and didn't live up to one-third of the hype and didn't sell Disney+ so successfully either, looking back.

Beyoncé probably deserves a few nods but not all of these, no way. Beyoncé cares about Beyoncé. Beyoncé doesn't even live up to her own "hype".

The future's uncertain and the end is always near.

gypsy101
11 hours ago, Kimmo said:

The album didn’t sale like others, none of the songs made it big, the only thing she was constant with was the “theme” of the album as she usually does. But 9 nominations? 

what album are you even talking about?

the nominations are: 4 for Black Parade, 3 for Savage, 1 for the video of Brown Skin Girl and 1 for Black is King for Best Music Film.

there literally is no album.

please educate yourself before you make ridiculous posts like this one.

roomdivide

Beyonce has been taking everyone for a ride for the last 15 years. She is such spinster trash. She has nothing between those two ears. She buys awards because her ego is too fragile.

I think Black is King was well-deserved to have those nominations. It made me put Beyonce songs on my playlist and that was a first for me :huntyga:

MelbHawker

I think there’s something dodgy going on behind the scenes with the Grammys.. :fan: They’ve pretty much lost any credibility they had left after these nominations. I liked Bey’s work & can understand why it received nominations.. but at this point, it feels like anything with the name Beyoncé on it (same with Taylor) is a given to be nominated. 

I just cannot forgive The Weeknd snub. It’s unbelievable he didn’t earn nominations (& win something for Blinding Lights, especially, after the success & acclaim he’s had). Coldplay in AOTY.. I mean, really?! (& I like Coldplay). 

gypsy101
2 hours ago, roomdivide said:

Beyonce has been taking everyone for a ride for the last 15 years. She is such spinster trash. She has nothing between those two ears. She buys awards because her ego is too fragile.

you're gross, get help you're a hateful person

Archived