đź’™ HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT đź’š

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

"Disco" Music

COOOK

Featured Posts

So this year I've seen the word "disco" being thrown here there and everywhere, many times sparking discussions on wether X or Y is disco, when it is not. :saladga:

Let's settle this once and for all ladies: what is disco music in this new age that we're in?

Sneaky Oliver

when I think of disco, I think of basslines and violins. Like Gaga's cover of I Want Your Love, Dua's Don't Start Now and Break My Heart. 

I’m on my Legacy Act era

FfFfFfFF

I don't think there is defined and clean-cut definition of what is disco-influenced and what not. Disco influences can take so many forms and sounds, especially nowadays when people use them add a new flavour to modern day pop music. And also, disco is one of the genres that influenced pop music as a whole. In a lot of ways disco influences in pop tracks are a given.

androiduser

Yeah, I was thinking the same thing, a lot of pop music is now being called disco, the word is really being thrown around too much.

I don't really hear much disco in Dua Lipa's songs, it's more of a 90's throwback.

i think kylies album was an actual attempt at actual disco from decades ago, Dua was like mixing disco with current pop sound to make some kind of new fusion:zilla:

Archived