1. 1. Your Music Streaming Service?

• Spotify
    • YouTube Music
    • Apple Music
    • Tidal
    • Other (specify)

Featured Posts

BlingNotTheMusic

I've been using Spotify Premium since 2012. Have tried out Apple Music and it's just not as good. Youtube is great for unreleased stuff or sometimes there will be label disputes and a particular album won't be on Spotify.

https://discord.xyz/hausofdelulu

gagastefani

I currently have all amazon music, Spotify and youtube premium+music. 

Its much cheaper in India literally 1.5 dollars / month for each service. 

Anyway, im thinking of moving to youtube music permanently but there are certain things about Spotify which pull me like how it shows clear streaming numbers.. so i feel obliged to inflate gaga stats by streaming her music. :huntyga: Yup need to stop numbers and charts from influencing my mind. 

Kadikaado

Currently I am using Spotify Premium, I can stream music while playing at PS4, so it's my current streaming service. I used Deezer for years, it was free with my cell phone plan, but since they removed it from my benefits I started using Spotify.

I am authistic, so don't be offended if I make a mess sometimes.

Borislshere

Without Spotify, idk how I would’ve survived these past few Gaga droughts. Spotify has introduced me to so many new artist that I can go long periods of time without even craving music from my main faves (Gaga and Beyoncé).

I do wish they paid their artist better though. I’ll give a point to Tidal for that. 

vyniildisk
5 hours ago, ItWasntLaauv said:

Spotify, it’s just soooo good. Idk how to explain it.

Idk the app is a little clumsy sometimes

ToxicHot

As silly as this sounds, I actually don’t have a streaming service. :wtfga: I still buy music from iTunes, and I’ve been doing that for the past 11-12 years (primarily, I buy music from the artists I support/stan in addition to songs that I really really love). 

With that said, I’m conflicted about committing to streaming services:

• It seems like the obvious choice would be Apple Music, right? Given that I primarily use Apple - iPhones, iPad, MacBooks... AND I already have hundreds and hundreds of songs I’ve already PURCHASED (as well as music I’ve imported that are unreleased/demos/etc. that aren’t available on streaming). I suppose Apple Music would be able to easily integrate all my iTunes purchases? With that said, I’ve never used it. :smh:

• I also play on my PS4 a lot and I use the free version of Spotify on there, which really comes in handy while gaming. Also, if I really just wanna listen to music casually I’ll just use Spotify on the desktop (both the desktop and PS4 let you listen to music on-demand with ads). With that said, I actually really like the interface and design. I discover lots of music on Spotify, which I hear is what makes the service really great.

• I subscribe to Amazon Prime, which comes with Amazon Music. I like the service, but the interface isn’t as nice as Spotify. Since the service is technically free because of Prime, I use it casually despite the fact that it only has a very limited selection of music, which is okay sometimes but not enough (I know you need to upgrade to Amazon Music Unlimited for the full experience)... I mostly use it with my Amazon Echo, but I’ll also use the app too when necessary. 

• I’ve used Deezer in the past as a 3-month free trial and I LOVED it. It was a refreshing interface compared to the other services. I think it might be a bit more expensive though compared to the others? I need to look into it more. But it probably isn’t as good as Apple Music? 

So, yeah. When all else fails, I just use regular YouTube. :poot: Which I don’t usually see as a significant hassle because I’m usually watching the music videos/visual content that go along with songs anyway.

(Any input would be appreciated. :ally:)

dOnT sAd ReAcT mE 2 bE sHaDy i WiLL RePoRt U!!1!

I have the Spotify Premium + Hulu bundle (double win). And I use it primarily and absolutely love it! 

The only thing I don't like is lately I've noticed there's a TON of duplicates which is driving me crazy. I guess the artists have the option to re-upload their albums for whatever reason??? But Spotify will keep old versions as to not break any links/mess with consumer playlists...

For instance I have Future Nostalgia saved to my likes from the day it released and have since added the songs in some of my playlists. She has recently re-uploaded the album to include Levitating with DaBaby and Fever with Angele. So NOW when I go to her artist profile, the Future Nostalgia album looks as if it is not saved to my likes because the version there is "new" or at least newly uploaded. Idk it's probably not a big deal for most but it's driving my OCD nuts lmao. I wish they would just keep all old files (if necessary) but reroute them to the most current and only show that one.

+++ I use Apple Music (I think?) for all my self-made/downloaded stuff. Aka my studio versions, instrumentals, live,  unreleased, etc. I use it primarily to catalog all the stuff I've downloaded over the years in relation to Gaga (and other artists... it's not a shrine LMAO)

Shameless plug for HypeMachine I find all my indie music here:

It researches music blogs of fresh music/remixes into a list of popular tracks based on popularity. They have all sorts of genres and it’s free (and you can listen to it off app unlike YouTube. )

(it’s niche but I adore it ) 

✧ ✧ ✧

Archived