the biggest lie gaga ever told?

noa234

Featured Posts

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply
vixdean
3 hours ago, LORD GAGA said:

Madonna’s entire MDNA era was predicated on the ‘Gaga feud’ without it nobody outside of her own fan base would have even known about the album. 

She didn't even perform on Super Bowl that year, or anything! :billie:  So are you saying that she got 111.3 million viewers of her performance on Super Bowl just because of her 'FeUd wItH gAgA'?  Her Super Bowl performance at the time was the most-watched Super Bowl halftime show in history, with 114 million viewers – more than the game itself, which had 111.3 million viewers. She also set the record as the most-tweeted subject on Twitter (10,245 posts in one second, with an average of 8,000 tweets per second for five minutes) and was the most-searched term on Google during the show. 

There's no relation between BTW, her reductive comment and the success of the MDNA era and tour.

-- Gaga released BTW on 11 Feb 2011.

-- Gaga after the press comparisons said on Jay Leno when asked that she had received an e-mail from Madonna's representatives, who had mentioned their support for "Born This Way". "If the Queen says it shall be, then it shall be," said Gaga. Which has been said was a lie.

-- Madonna made the "it felt reductive" comment on 12 January 2012. She never commented on the song after that, and her response when asked about Gaga was that she thought she was very talented, or talking about the time she went to see her show with Lola and saw her younger self in Gaga.

This narrative that Madonna exploited the feud is built by stans who just want to present Gaga as the victim and Madonna as the villain. Both of them did exploit it, in different ways. Gaga herself returned to this in many years late in 2017 when promoting 5F2.

So yeah, the entire way you see it is very much biased on not based in fact. 

vixdean
3 hours ago, LORD GAGA said:

The songs similarities to ‘express yourself’ are weak at best, 4 chord progression you can find on any other major song from that era?

Regarding this point about the similarities, this was called by the press as soon as the song came out. It's all online.

Just quoting it for you:

"Many critics noted similarities between "Born This Way" and Madonna's 1989 song, "Express Yourself", referring to "similar chords, same uplifting, girl-power theme (...), same tempo".

Caryn Ganz, while writing for Yahoo! Music, criticized "Born This Way", stating that the song was "overworked, overwrought, noisy, cheesy, and very, very derivative." She specifically noted the similarities to songs like "When Love Takes Over" (2009), "Waterfalls" (1995), and three of Madonna's songs: "Express Yourself", "Ray of Light" (1998), and "Vogue" (1990).

Megan Friedman from Time and Marissa Moss from The Huffington Post summarized their reaction as "mixed", due to the similarities they found with "Express Yourself".

Neil McCormick of The Daily Telegraph noted that the imitative nature of the song would affect perceptions of Gaga's artistry, since "Born This Way" was "[basically] a reworking of Madonna's 'Express Yourself' with a touch of 'Vogue', which is a bit too much Madonna for someone who is trying to establish her own identity as the, er, new Madonna." 

Agunimon
On 11/16/2020 at 9:53 PM, noa234 said:

For me its:

Lady-Gaga-Beyonce-Telephone-Music-Video-

this is the best lie because that music video was major cringe to me.

Defmix100
22 hours ago, KARMA said:

Am I the only one who think the "to be continued" thing is just an aesthetic to fit with the whole movie theme of the MV? 

21 hours ago, KEVIN STEVE said:

No, you're not! It's just a Tarantino-like thing they added for “texture” 

but she talked about a follow up so at least when she said that, it was going to actually be continued

On 11/17/2020 at 9:53 AM, YaaaasGaga said:

It's been years since this gif was made, someone definitely needs to make a new one with all the other stuff that hasn't happened since

EDIT: Here is an updated version of this gif to use, created by @Sunny

giphy.gif

The gif was actually made by @Why am I on GGD. Give all props to them! :sara:

I like dancin', and ponies....

BornAsUnic0rn
On 11/17/2020 at 4:38 PM, FentyGa said:

flo rida, colby o’donis, and blackpink were most likely label suggestions, too

thank you, said this for ages.

just like having will.I.am and Guetta producing Fashion!, RedOne working with her on music before Joanne and lots more of decisions were label-driven. It’s how the industry works. Not saying she was forced to do every single one of these but at least all of them were highly suggested by her label. 

On 11/17/2020 at 3:15 AM, kukuryku666 said:

It was true
Madonna's team was good with Born This Way
We can see that in leaked documents where Gaga got permission to sample Express Yourself
Madonna lied about it and called her reductive
That's the whole point of this situation
That's why Gaga was mad 

Hmmmm I’ve literally never heard that before.  Receipts please.  

vitoburrrito
On 11/16/2020 at 7:11 PM, tifffany said:

That she’s not from Yonkers :messga:

Hide contents

jk, but I am from yonkers

One of my friends from Yonkers area insists that she went to the same high school in Yonkers lol

Jesus guys this is all plans that most likely she was told WOULD happen and fell through, they arnt lies. Lies are knowing something isnt going to happen / happening and saying it anyway. To assume every one of these things she already knew was never going to happen is genuinely ****ed up

This whole thread is toxic as hell and has given a place for everyone to rip into Gaga for things that very well could have been out of control and these 'Fans' are starting to sound like haters

3 hours ago, Defmix100 said:

but she talked about a follow up so at least when she said that, it was going to actually be continued

Ooh I didn't know about that, did she say that in an interview?

Archived