music news

Kylie #1, celebrates breaking TWO UK records

Spock

Featured Posts

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Agunimon

I'm glad Kylie got the number one charting, but let's not talk **** on Little Mix like 5k units throughout the entire UK is a crushing lead.

HelloBarbara

Kylie actually had 3 #1 albums in the UK in 2010s:

Aphrodite

Golden

Step Back in Time: The Definitive Collection

Hiiieee

1 minute ago, Agunimon said:

I'm glad Kylie got the number one charting, but let's not talk **** on Little Mix like 5k units throughout the entire UK is a crushing lead.

It’s her 15th album and she debuted in the 1980s. It’s really impressive. 

Agunimon
Just now, Adarsh said:

It’s her 15th album and she debuted in the 1980s. It’s really impressive. 

Yes for sure. It's my favorite album of hers and I wanted her to get #1. That wasn't what my post was about.

shoful

YESSSSSS SO HAPPY!!!!!! I streamed nonstop all week even though I’m in the US i feel like I helped haha. I bought signed copies I think from the UK so maybe those counted. She deserves all this success!!! 

When do the official charts release?

"My name is Dita, I'll be your Mistress tonight..."

Gimme More

No need to be rude about Little Mix, they also did amazing - 4th biggest sales of the year and Little Mix were biggest sales from a female act in the UK in 2020.

Also their singles this era have done better than Kylie's from this era (not bashing Kylie) but no need to discredit Little Mix, they are both great artists.

#JusticeForBritney ♡

Pretty Savage
1 hour ago, Adarsh said:

The only person I’ll allow to break Chromatica’s record is Kylie :kara:

Exactly! DISCO deserves this success. Well done Kylie :sara:

14 minutes ago, Gimme More said:

No need to be rude about Little Mix, they also did amazing - 4th biggest sales of the year and Little Mix were biggest sales from a female act in the UK in 2020.

Also their singles this era have done better than Kylie's from this era (not bashing Kylie) but no need to discredit Little Mix, they are both great artists.

I’m not discrediting anyone or being rude about their sales? 49k is amazing 

But LM imposed themselves on Kylie’s date after Kylie announced she was releasing on that day, obviously thinking they were going to be able to overtake her with streaming. There are no big releases this week so they could have perfectly released this Friday. Their team obviously wanted to prove a point for some reason and it backfired :bear:

who will love me when the night is over

Archived