Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

RuPaul finds out he's cousins with Senator Cory Booker

Supersonic

Featured Posts

Supersonic

5710ssvwq3w51.jpg

On the hit show RuPaul's Drag Race, drag icon RuPaul famously said,"As gay people, we get to choose our family."

But the recent Ru-valation of the drag superstar's relative in Congress couldn't be more fitting if RuPaul actually handpicked it.

In a recent episode of PBS's Finding Your Roots, an examination of RuPaul's DNA revealed that he's closely related with Democratic New Jersey Senator Cory Booker, who was on season 1 of the same series.

https://www.comicsands.com/rupaul-cory-booker-related-dna-2648549561.html

littlepotter

I have a strong feeling ru just pretended to know who that man is... he barely recognizes the queens on his own show :billie:

chaeri pls

TimisaMonster

*waits for "Is Senator Booker a hunty? thread*

Stream my new single, 💜"Heartbeat"💜, on Spotify!

BornAsUnic0rn
11 minutes ago, littlepotter said:

I have a strong feeling ru just pretended to know who that man is... he barely recognizes the queens on his own show :billie:

there are around 150 queens who competed in RuPaul-hosted versions of the show. And of course he recognizes them when he sees them; he just forgets their name. which is not that crazy when you think about him working with them for 1 month only. Some for only 2 days. 

Don’t tell me you remember the name of every single person you have ever worked with instantly. 

RAMROD

Woh :teehee:

What's he gonna do about it?

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ be delulu until it becomes trululu (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡

thierryrreiht
6 minutes ago, RAMROD said:

Woh :teehee:

What's he gonna do about it?

Tap down those boots while he beats around

Frack him downtown

RAMROD
11 minutes ago, thierryrreiht said:

Tap down those boots while he beats around

Frack him downtown

giphy.gif?cid=6c09b952e6bc441b460f14b433

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ be delulu until it becomes trululu (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡

AJRocketMan
30 minutes ago, BornAsUnic0rn said:

Don’t tell me you remember the name of every single person you have ever worked with instantly. 

Or the guys he’s hooked up with :vegas:

littlepotter
36 minutes ago, BornAsUnic0rn said:

there are around 150 queens who competed in RuPaul-hosted versions of the show. And of course he recognizes them when he sees them; he just forgets their name. which is not that crazy when you think about him working with them for 1 month only. Some for only 2 days. 

Ummm it's not like I'm particularly faulting him for doing that, he is a senior citizen after all, it's just a running joke in the dragosphere. But in any case, what you're saying is quite weird... we all remember the names of hundreds and hundreds of people, friends, coworkers, book characters, tv characters, movie characters, singers, actors, entertainers, and yes drag queens... why are you saying it's unusual for him to remember the names of the people whose job is literally to pick them for his show, call them by name to leave or stay on stage, and decide their fate :laughga: also the video people reference was him not remembering the name of nina bonina brown, who was top 6, and on a very recent season, that's why it's funny

chaeri pls

LateToCult

I know Ru’s mad he didn’t find this out before the filming of season 10’s patriotic-themed promo

SharkmanthaC

I’d like to watch the whole episode. 

Also, not seeing the full title before clicking, I thought it was going to be like Lindsey Graham or someone like that. :awkney:

she/her/hers

BornAsUnic0rn
3 hours ago, littlepotter said:

Ummm it's not like I'm particularly faulting him for doing that, he is a senior citizen after all, it's just a running joke in the dragosphere. But in any case, what you're saying is quite weird... we all remember the names of hundreds and hundreds of people, friends, coworkers, book characters, tv characters, movie characters, singers, actors, entertainers, and yes drag queens... why are you saying it's unusual for him to remember the names of the people whose job is literally to pick them for his show, call them by name to leave or stay on stage, and decide their fate :laughga: also the video people reference was him not remembering the name of nina bonina brown, who was top 6, and on a very recent season, that's why it's funny

what is weird? rupaul also has friends, family members, book characters, entertainers, ect. he knows. since drag race is his job I specifically asked „do you know the name of every person you have ever worked with?“ 

I‘m sure Heidi Klum can‘t remember every name of every contestant competing in PR, or Tyra in ANTM, or J.Lo on her competition shows. Because doing so would be weird, creepy and insane. But because the audience builds a bigger bond to the queens on Ru‘s show and even care for the people who didn’t fare too well, we hold RuPaul to a different standard? He doesn’t even watch the season after it‘s filmed. Which is normal in the entertainment industry. Many actors have barely seen a single film they’ve done. 

So he literally films with them for max. 4 weeks, and it‘s done. It‘s his job, not his private life. 

Edit: I‘m 23 and I find it insulting to hear you call someone who hasn’t even turned 60 yet a senior citizen. Especially regarding the fact that he doesn’t remember every queens name on the show immediately, when he started filming it at age 47. You act like he‘s 80. 

Archived