💓 ONE YEAR OF STUPID LOVE 💓

Use code STUPIDLOVE for 20% off everything

Sign in to follow this  
society

Two beheaded in Nice, France mass stabbing suspected terror attack

MJHolland
5 hours ago, littlepotter said:

I'm getting very tired of westerners telling those of us who live in muslim majority countries that our disagreement with the mentality they impose on everyone is "islamophobic". Stay in your lanes please, that's all i'm saying on this topic.

1. Again, your argument that you're not Islamophobic because Muslim people are actually awful is so...:awkney:

2. Well that bold part was a lie :billie:

3. It turns out hank made yet another anti-Islam flamebait thread and failed to update the OP with the news that this isn't looking like it was religiously motivated. Why are we still talking about this?

Edited by MJHolland

StrawberryBlond

It seems to be a never-ending cycle of this same kinda story in France for some time now, I really feel for those living in the cities who wonder if it'll happen to them, reminds me of the widespread fear after similar attacks in America and the UK. It seems to be working its way around Europe now and its frightening. This madness won't stand a chance of stopping unless we start introducing real understanding and most importantly, conversation among all countries and religions. Leaders speaking their thoughts in a tv announcement and then that's it simply doesn't solve a thing. We need to be willing to have sit down conversations to get to the root of these issues, stop with the wars and mudslinging and just talk. But the problem is, not all sides are willing to do this, so the cycle continues. This can't keep happening, we mourn for a week and then the same thing happens a few months later. No one's learning anything from these incidents and terrorists are so radicalised that there's no deterrent for their behaviour. The world's always been this crazy but we shouldn't be operating like this in 2020.

• Like 1

MJHolland

Guess what, just because you live in a Muslim-majority country doesn't earn you the right to generalize, stereotype, and demonize nearly 2 billion people. Wtf?

We all live among Muslim people. Literally all of us. They are our neighbors, friends, and colleagues, and these kinds of acts are condemned by nearly all Muslim people.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

MJHolland
4 hours ago, Admin said:

"There are 1.8 BILLION Muslims in the world!!!"

Then why don't you listen to the people who live among those 1.8 billion?

@ me next time king. And FYI, I do live amongst the 1.8 billion Muslims. We all do. they're our friends, neighbors, and colleagues, and we all know that these kinds of attacks do not represent them. just because someone lives in a Muslim majority country doesn't give them the right to generalize all Muslim people.  

also, turns out the attack was conducted in the name of white supremacy. 

don't we care that the #1 trending topic on the site is grossly misleading? 

• Like 2

27monster27

Putting this here:

he/him/his
  • Like 1

Admin
1 hour ago, MJHolland said:

We all live among Muslim people. Literally all of us. They are our neighbors, friends, and colleagues, and these kinds of acts are condemned by nearly all Muslim people.

No you don’t, that’s like saying you live among Russian people because you went to Brighton Beach once. Come live in Lebanon, Chechnya, or Saudi Arabia, then you can say “you live among Muslim people.”

Condemned by nearly all Muslim people? How would you know, have you spoken to 1.8 billion people?

The man who beheaded a teacher in France earlier this month was from Chechnya, a Muslim region in Russia, the country I live in, and everything I heard from Muslim people here has been supportive of the murderer, while the Muslim leader of the region called Macron “the No. 1 Terrorist in the World.”

So take your own advice and don’t generalize 1.8 billion Muslims.

• Like 1

Luke78619

Why can’t religion just stick to 

• what happens in the afterlife, if there is one

• how to secure your place in the afterlife, or how to reincarnate into a better figure, etc. 

• not to impose your beliefs onto others, and to mind your own goddamn business

this is unrelated to the events in the OP, but there’s so much hatred in religion, tragic to think how innocent people wake up one day not knowing that they’re going to be killed in an act of terrorism that’s unrelated to them

(I’m aware this particular beheading was now found to be a white supremascist, but my point remains for all religions) 

insta: good_lukeing | I have nothing else to promote

Florian
3 hours ago, 27monster27 said:

Putting this here:

That's not related to the attack that happened in Nice whatsoever so what's your point ?

• Like 1

lego
1 hour ago, Admin said:

Pinned post by @Curunir says guys keep it civil and admin of this forum is posting this. 

1 hour ago, Admin said:

No you don’t, that’s like saying you live among Russian people because you went to Brighton Beach once. Come live in Lebanon, Chechnya, or Saudi Arabia, then you can say “you live among Muslim people.”

Condemned by nearly all Muslim people? How would you know, have you spoken to 1.8 billion people?

The man who beheaded a teacher in France earlier this month was from Chechnya, a Muslim region in Russia, the country I live in, and everything I heard from Muslim people here has been supportive of the murderer, while the Muslim leader of the region called Macron “the No. 1 Terrorist in the World.”

Russia is a HUGE damn country. You also don’t live amongst Chechen people (who fought for independence and half were killed by Russians) to know what each of them thinks of the current news. Many live in poverty outside of capital and don’t even know what’s going on. Their leader is Putin appointed puppet and dictator. Putin and Russia are also known for killing journalists who expose them and framing Chechens. 

example:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Russian_apartment_bombings

According to David Satter, Yuri Felshtinsky, Alexander Litvinenko, Vladimir Pribylovsky and Boris Kagarlitsky, the bombings were a successful coup d'état coordinated by the Russian state security services to win public support for a new full-scale war in Chechnya and to bring Putin to power.[192][21][22][23][58][193][24][194][195] Some of them described the bombings as typical "active measures" practised by the KGB in the past. The war in Chechnya boosted Prime Minister and former FSB Director Vladimir Putin's popularity, and brought the pro-war Unity Party to the State Duma and Putin to the presidency within a few months.

David Satter stated, during his testimony in the United States House of Representatives, that "With Yeltsin and his family facing possible criminal prosecution, however, a plan was put into motion to put in place a successor who would guarantee that Yeltsin and his family would be safe from prosecution and the criminal division of property in the country would not be subject to reexamination. For "Operation Successor" to succeed, however, it was necessary to have a massive provocation. In my view, this provocation was the bombing in September 1999 of the apartment building bombings in Moscow, Buinaksk, and Volgodonsk. In the aftermath of these attacks, which claimed 300 lives, a new war was launched against Chechnya. Putin, the newly appointed prime minister who was put in charge of that war, achieved overnight popularity. Yeltsin resigned early. Putin was elected president and his first act was to guarantee Yeltsin immunity from prosecution."[196]

According to reconstruction of the events by Felshtinsky and Pribylovsky,[197]

The bombings in Buynaksk were carried out by a team of twelve GRU officers who were sent to Dagestan and supervised by the head of GRU's 14th Directorate General Kostechenko. That version was partly based on a testimony by Aleksey Galkin. The bombing in Buynaksk was conducted by the GRU to avoid an "interagency conflict between the FSB and the Ministry of Defense".

In Moscow, Volgodonsk and Ryazan, the attacks were organized by the FSB through a chain of command that included director of the counter-terrorism department General German Ugryumov, FSB operatives Maxim Lazovsky, Vladimir Romanovich, Ramazan Dyshekov and others. Achemez Gochiyayev, Tatyana Korolyeva, and Alexander Karmishin rented warehouses that received shipments of hexogen disguised as sugar and possibly did not know that the explosives were delivered.

Adam Dekkushev, Krymshamkhalov, and Timur Batchayev were recruited by FSB agents who presented themselves as "Chechen separatists" to deliver explosives to Volgodonsk and Moscow.

Names and the fate of FSB agents who planted the bomb in the city of Ryazan remain unknown.

Support

Historian Amy Knight wrote that it was "abundantly clear" that the FSB was responsible for carrying out the attacks and that Vladimir Putin's "guilt seems clear," since it was inconceivable that the FSB would have done so without the sanction of Putin, the agency's former director and by then Prime Minister of Russia.[19][198]

David Satter considers the bombings as a political provocation by the Russian secret services that was similar to the burning of the Reichstag.[199]

racist ppl really be like “so just because I’m a racist that makes me racist ??? wow”

lego
6 minutes ago, Florian said:

That's not related to the attack that happened in Nice whatsoever so what's your point ?

They’re two separate cases (Avignon was mentioned here) but only this thread is *hot*, other won’t get the same attention and we all know why.

racist ppl really be like “so just because I’m a racist that makes me racist ??? wow”

Jill

Many of the takes posted in this thread are...a choice, to say the least

Love Story at midnight 💛💛

MJHolland
2 hours ago, Admin said:

Ah yes, just like there were Muslims cheering in the streets of New York City after 9/11. Donald Trump swears he saw videos of it on the news! :billie:

Admin I really don't know where you're coming from. You don't live in Chechnya, nor any of those places you listed, so your opinion is just as valid as mine even in your honestly strange framework. 

Again, the argument I'm hearing is that 'I don't get to defend Muslim people, because if I lived in a Muslim country I would hate them too." 

There are people of every religion that hold crazy extremist views. I'm not defending them. But I'm not going to sit here and let y'all pretend like this is an Islam-specific problem. Christianity fuels white supremacy in my country, which is what seemingly motivated this attack. 

• Thanks 1

Admin
18 minutes ago, lego said:

Russia is a HUGE damn country.

Lmao imagine trying to educate a Russian on Russia. I’m not reading all that :laughga:

MJHolland

My next door neighbors, my boss, my coworkers, and my friends that I (used to, rip covid) see every single day are Muslim. I don't know why I'm being told I don't "live among Muslims" and therefore my opinion about this is invalid. 

It's like y'all are trying to intimidate and bully us just because we're saying this attack doesn't represent a majority Muslims' views. This guy wasn't even an Islamist terrorist! This was a white supremacy attack wtf! @hankhatesyouall please update the OP my man....

That's really disheartening and upsetting to see. I really thought we were serious about making this forum a more tolerant place. 

Admin
8 minutes ago, MJHolland said:

Admin I really don't know where you're coming from. You don't live in Chechnya, nor any of those places you listed, so your opinion is just as valid as mine even in your honestly strange framework. 

I live in Moscow, and I interact with Muslim people from Chechnya and other Islamic regions of Russia every day.

My opinion on Chechnya is just as valid as your opinion on... Wisconsin.