Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Truly Slept On Albums

fishinmyhair

Featured Posts

ToxicHot

Prince Royce - Double Vision

91nX0-otu0L._SL1500_.jpg

Most of you probably don't know who he is, but Prince Royce is such an amazing, talented, and beautiful Latin artist (his music is mostly bachata, although he has also has a few pop, R&B, and acoustic songs sprinkled within his discography). :flutter::heart:  Honestly I think overall, as an artist he's almost completely slept on outside of the Latin music market/community.

This album in particular though is slept on because it was his 1st official English-language album (and 4th overall), and was an attempt to cross over into the English mainstream pop and R&B market. However, the album only peaked at #21 in the US. He should've had soooo many hits but only managed to have 3 singles from the era (peaking at #43, #92, and #98 in the US - and the 3rd single was literally just a remix of the second single but featuring Jennifer Lopez). :messga:

There's so many great BOPS on this album, and even RedOne produced a song on it. And there's a few really beautiful ballads as well. It makes me so upset that he has so much potential but this era pretty much flopped... :noparty: He should've became a main pop boy. At the beginning of his career, people actually said he was the "Latin Justin Bieber". Since this album, he went back to making music primarily in Spanish - which is great, because he does way better on the Latin charts, and actually just had 2 hit singles on the Latin tropical chart in America!

Videos from the era:

I love him SO much. :fatcat::heart: 

dOnT sAd ReAcT mE 2 bE sHaDy i WiLL RePoRt U!!1!

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply
huttont
On 10/28/2020 at 7:57 PM, Healed My Heart said:

Ryn Weaver - The Fool

One of my fave albums of all time tbh and most people I know have never heard of her. So hoping she releases again sometime soon!

So slept on there isn't even a gif I can find.

Ugh it’s one of my favorite albums. Her most recent release (demo/song) Reasons Not To Die is one of my favorite songs period. I drunkenly tweeted at her a few months ago asking if she was going to release any new music. And she favorited it! So fingers crossed

Chromatography
On 10/28/2020 at 1:12 PM, RichAssPiss said:

Natalia Kills' Trouble is a 10 out of 10. "Saturday Night" should have been an underground bop the likes of "Dancing On My Own."

exactly 

Archived