💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Unpopular opinions - Gaga's music videos edition

PerfectGUY

Featured Posts

Delulu Rogers

MTN is overrated, long and boring

Million reasons remains her worst visual. It could have been stunning but it’s literally behind the scene shots of gaga in her dressing room. 

SL could have been so much better. I don’t get why the concept pics never came through. The tribes could have also been explored so much more with each song being a tribe.

ROM is good but nothing special. We just liked it at the time cause it was best since GUY. Looking back it’s just average. 

She needs to stop doing videos in the desert. Pic a different setting girl. PI was in a desert, MR was in a desert, JW still felt like it was in a desert, SL was in a desert, 911 was in a desert...ugh

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

TEOG MV one of her best MVs but y'all ain't ready for this conversation. The colors, the looks, the simplicity of it all, yas

no

AtLeastImAlive

1. “Applause” absolutely has a storyline following the trajectory of Gagas career rather than just random imagery, and that’s not just my opinion; this article has quotes from the director:

https://www.buzzfeed.com/azafar/every-cultural-reference-you-probably-didnt-catch-in-lady-ga

2. Also, “Bad Romance” doesn’t get overhyped by some delusional stans as some here seem to imply; the critical acclaim was such that it also resulted in her winning a Grammy for best music video. It’s absolutely brilliant and the defining video of the 2010s. 

giphy.gif?cid=4d1e4f295a69209ee5ca12817f

3. “Angel Down” should’ve been footage of the BLM movement, peaceful protests, police brutality and pictures of some of the countless known victims. Turning it into a montage about loneliness of fame seemed really, well, shallow considering the actual meaning of the song.

4. “Million Reasons” is her worst video ever; the song deserved better than what effectively appeared to be a parody of country videos. 

giphy.gif?cid=4d1e4f2961d959f2599601bc09

giphy.gif?cid=4d1e4f29d0b324c7df9a2c5329

5. “Telephone” is good but overrated; the dialogue is really awkward and stilted, which is an anomaly for a Gaga video. 

6. An official DWUW video would've destroyed Gaga’s career after the horrific  “Surviving R Kelly” doc; a rapist is not exactly on brand for her. She’s honestly lucky she was able to stifle the song from taking off/video leaking before it came back to haunt her half a decade later. 

AtLeastImAlive

It won’t let me edit the above, but to add to the BR portion:

“In 2011, "Bad Romance" was voted the best video of the 2000s (decade) by readers of Billboard, narrowly beating Britney Spears's "Toxic". Time magazine also included "Bad Romance" on its list of best music videossince the 1980s.”

The only ones who find it overrated are GGD members. 😂

Telephone has not aged well at all.
MTN is too long and kind of over the top.
John Wayne is actually one of my fave videos of hers.

- 911 is the best video she's ever made (without being 13 minutes long :laughga:)

- Paparazzi was the most pivotal music video of her career; Just Dance, Poker Face, and LoveGame were nothing special, but Paparazzi laid the groundwork for literally everything that followed, including Bad Romance, and was the video that really transitioned her into being a true artist; but I feel like it's *severely* underrated, especially in comparison to Gaga's #1s, Bad Romance, Telephone, You and I, etc.

- Part of why MTN underperformed was the music video being so gaudy – there's a point where you cross the line from dazzling to glaring, and this video is a bit much. It doesn't have the entertainment value of G.U.Y. or the engaging storyline of Telephone to warrant its length

Dr Fudge

Jewels n Drugs and Hey Girl are the only good songs in her entire catalog.

:creepflop:

Been a cuff touple, a puff bupple, a tough couple of years.

Smother Em Eh

Applause and G.U.Y are in her top 5 best MV’s. They are extremely underrated as they don’t get enough credit by the fanbase. 

Judas video is overrated!

You & I video is underrated

Stupid Love is cute at best

911 is not as amazing as everyone says. I like that it’s different but it’s nothing groundbreaking. 

Get Applause & G.U.Y to 1B views!

Contessa
27 minutes ago, FudgeyBear said:

Jewels n Drugs and Hey Girl are the only good songs in her entire catalog.

:creepflop:

This is just tea. :shrug:

BlingNotTheMusic
On 10/23/2020 at 10:52 AM, Delulu Rogers said:

MTN is overrated, long and boring

Stopped reading here :billie:

Cssomeone

I absolutely love the video for 911, but I think it kinda sucks that they explained pretty much all of the references in the end of the video

Archived