đź’™ HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT đź’š

music news

Lana Del Rey teasing COCC video

Lona Delery

Featured Posts

imnotyourbabe10
3 hours ago, Phlop said:

Something about the heteronormality of the lyrics. Knowing her platform I would’ve preferred if she acknowledged her non-binary and gender fluid fans that might not connect with this song. 

3 hours ago, Sneaky said:

Did you say the same for Gaga and Free Woman, though?

Not trying to be inflammatory but didn't Gaga say somewhere that she was thinking of the trans community when singing FW?  Seems like FW goes against the heteronormative system we live in.

https://etcanada.com/news/677467/lady-gaga-shares-that-the-trans-community-inspired-free-woman/

PS: Sorry if I misunderstood the conversation in this thread!

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply
waterlikemisery
3 hours ago, Phlop said:

Something about the heteronormality of the lyrics. Knowing her platform I would’ve preferred if she acknowledged her non-binary and gender fluid fans that might not connect with this song. 

you f words get greedier and greedier everyday. no rights for y'all HAH!

StrawberryBlond
3 hours ago, Phlop said:

I must add that as a woman, I've been enjoying and relating to songs written by men about men for years. You don't have to personally relate to every part of a song to enjoy it. I'm always bewildered as to why relating to a song subject is seen as such an important factor. I like to just close to my eyes and picture that I am the singer regardless of what I personally feel. Music can be an escape from our daily lives and ourselves sometimes. And as someone who writes music, the reason why I put off doing so for so long and why it's so occasional is because finding words that rhyme is easy enough but finding a rhyming word that's relevant to the rest of your lyrics is super hard. Lana has chosen the words she has as they are poetic and nothing else rhymes, fits or flows. Lyrics are a very difficult balance to get right and they're usually written the way they are for a reason.

4 hours ago, Phlop said:

She could say “let me love you like a human being” or “person”. Or even just “let me love you”.

I just don’t think a lot of our community can connect with this song

I can't even.

The cringiest comment I have ever seen on the internet for awhile.

A grown cis-woman singing about her own f***ing life on a very averge song.

vyniildisk
7 hours ago, Pray4FameGa said:

Ridiculous. An artist isn’t allowed to sing about their damn life now because it isn’t inclusive enough??

She’s a grown woman who enjoys relationships with men. She’s singing about her experiences.

God damn what are u aiming for, just having universal robot language everyone agrees to but doesn’t mean anything and no one is allowed to speak their mind.

Ovation GIF

Beautifully said and straight to the point. "Universal robot language" wow, thank you! 

Archived