🎄 Spotify Playlist 🎄

Sign in to follow this  
science

Dutch doctors find potential NEW organ in human throat

Supersonic

It's hard to imagine there is a part of the human body that's gone unnoticed by doctors after centuries of medical research.

But that's exactly what a group of scientists from the Netherlands believe. They said they have discovered a pair of previously overlooked glands that are hidden away in our skulls where the nasal cavity and the throat meet.

The medical researchers first came across the body part, which they propose naming tubarial glands, during a scan designed to look for tumorous growths. The scientists then looked at scans of the head and neck of a further 100 individuals they were treating for prostrate cancer and dissected two cadavers -- one male and one female. They all had a set.

The discovery was "thrilling" but the authors were "a bit skeptical" at first, said the study's lead author Matthijs H. Valstar, a surgeon in the department of head and neck oncology and surgery at The Netherlands Cancer Institute.

"We thought it wasn't possible to discover this in 2020," Valstar said. "It's important it's replicated and it should be done with different series of patients. It's important to have confirmation of new medical findings."

Read more: 

https://edition.cnn.co

m/2020/10/21/health/new-organ-throat-scn-wellness/index.html?utm_term=link&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twCNNi&utm_content=2020-10-21T21%3A10%3A46201021111233-02-new-organ-discovery-exla

• Like 1
  • LMAO 1
  • YAAAS 1
  • Shook 11

GayPrideUnicorn

Wow that's cool:firega:

I'm probably wrong
  • Like 2

The Fame

That's actually really crazy from a medical standpoint. :duck:

• Like 10

Dirkje

Thats really cool!

Stanlist: Lady Gaga, Katy Perry, Dua Lipa, Fifth Harmony girls, unperfect, Grace VanderWaal, Rina Sawayama

littlepotter

A new ORGAN? Wow

can you hear me come undone?
  • Like 1

Madame Goo Goo

This is the future liberals want 🙄

Lady Gaga doesn't owe us anything

TimisaMonster

What's the function tho? :gum:

This is so interesting!!! :excited2:

Is this the key to telekinesis? :saladga:

Are we about to assume our ultimate form? :tony:

:enigma:

Stream my new single 🔥"Dance in the Flames"🔥 on Spotify!
  • LMAO 2
  • YAAAS 2

Kimmo

Oh, so that’s what Cardi was talking about this whole time :interestinga:

giphy.gif?cid=4d1e4f293cbde5f214e7d993d5

Tragic.
  • LMAO 4

Born This Way

It's the thrussy.

Yes, I heard you needed me. Yes, I'm here to open you. Yes, I know that your heart is blue. So cold.
  • LMAO 6
  • Shook 1

Economy

https://www.google.ca/amp/s/beta.ctvnews.ca/national/health/2020/10/21/1_5154310.html

Not it's not a hoax. Other big networks like CNN also have articles on it

A new set of salivary glands was discovered on the back of the throat 3.8cm long (about 1.5 inches). To double check the new found organ wasn't a rare abnormality 100 other people were scanned in the exact same area and all contained the organ

The discovery was made by accident by the Scientists in the Netherlands when doing scans and research for cancer

Edited by Economy
  • Shook 1

Economy

Ok I totally get that the back of the throat is not exactly being cut open in autopsies often or exposed but still... How up until 2020 was this overlooked especially something 1.5 inches long? :duck:

I legit assumed the entire human body was already mapped or at the very least anything big enough that doesn't require microscope :toofunny:

Makes me wonder what other organ that should be so obvious by now is also undiscovered :air:

Edited by Economy
  • Thanks 1

GregJA

Mines 2 inches :bon:

I wonder if this organ is a vital one or something that may lead to solving other problems we didn’t know about - if they mentioned that in the article I’m sorry :bear:

Mr. No Award Winner 2020
  • Like 1
  • LMAO 1

Justin Drew Bieber

Suddenly I can feel something I never knew was there before :gum:

• LMAO 1