Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Dua wants to be the next Madonna. Can she?

QueenGaga

Featured Posts

FATCAT

Let's have artists become their own thing instead of "the next _____".

Gaga didn't fit this mold, Ava didn't fit this mold, Katy didn't fit this mold, and I guarantee you Dua won't either. 

Purr more, hiss less.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply
QueenGaga
29 minutes ago, QueenGaga said:

@Agunimon @Damon As I said in the OP, the comparison was drawn by Dua herself, not the media or me. She believes or Atleast wants to be the next Madonna. All I am asking is if you guys think she has the talent and creativity to do it. If she hadn’t drawn the comparisons herself this thread wouldn’t exist. :poot:

@FATCAT

QueenGaga
1 minute ago, jorja said:

there's never going to be another Madonna, we need to accept this :cyanlights:

I agree and I don’t think Dua can achieve what Madonna has dont artistically sonically and commercially in a century. My question is whether you guys think Dua will be able to accomplish her dream of being the next Madonna

FFXIV WhiteMage

Madonna didn’t became controversial until sometimes so Dua has still time to stir things up. But her personality is a bit off for that kind of thing. Katy and Miley would fit better.

Gaga was on trajectory to accomplish it excellently with BTW but she became much more when she showed her multi faceted talent in different music genre and oscar worthy acting.

Tbh, there’s nothing wrong wanting or emulating Madonna. She’s one the most successful musician of  all time. 

I don't see that path for Dua Lipa at all.

Firstly, Dua doesn't really have the presence or intrigue of Madonna, but is definitely the better vocalist.

RichAssPiss

No. She's like Jessie J, Nicole Scherzinger, Bebe Rexha, Madison Beer et al. Super talented, looks and acts like a pop star, maybe a hit song or two. But she does not have the personality or star power to really captivate an audience.

AJRocketMan
4 minutes ago, Knife said:

I don't see that path for Dua Lipa at all.

Firstly, Dua doesn't really have the presence or intrigue of Madonna, but is definitely the better vocalist.

Dua definitely isn’t a better vocalist than Madonna. Compare them at the same age. Madonna was better.

She’s the only girl from the “new commercial basic pop girls” batch to stand out. She’s miles ahead of Bebe Rexha, Madison Beer, Ava Max, Tove Lo, Selena Gomez, Camilla... but she started in that category for a reason. The most I can see her becoming, and that’s being generous, is an Ariana. Ariana started out in the bunch of basic girls I named but achieved to become more than that. Dua is basically right behind her. 

But a Madonna? Even Gaga is yet to be 100% considered her successor. Let’s not get crazy. I appreciate her ambition but she needs to show it in her work. Learn how to perform on stage, to have iconic MVs, etc. Give us spectacular, not just cute. Then we’ll talk.

Spoiler

No but seriously, I think she has the talent to become an icon on her right in the long run. I feel like Dua is the type of pop star thats always gonna play it safe, but shes gonna have a solid career. I dont even think "the next Madonna" is a thing, I think that was a once in lifetime kind of thing, the closest we got to see was Britney and Gaga by the impact they had on pop culture.

Its not a fedora u f*ck

The days of legends are over, FN is a great album, I enjoy it a lot, but Madonna didn't need to release 5 remixes of the best song of her album, this move showed that she still needs to maintain her career and her name worldwide.

Je ne parle pas français but I can padam if you like

QueenGaga
14 minutes ago, Enigma said:

She’s the only girl from the “new commercial basic pop girls” batch to stand out. She’s miles ahead of Bebe Rexha, Madison Beer, Ava Max, Tove Lo, Selena Gomez, Camilla... but she started in that category for a reason. The most I can see her becoming, and that’s being generous, is an Ariana. Ariana started out in the bunch of basic girls I named but achieved to become more than that. Dua is basically right behind her. 

But a Madonna? Even Gaga is yet to be 100% considered her successor. Let’s not get crazy. I appreciate her ambition but she needs to show it in her work. Learn how to perform on stage, to have iconic MVs, etc. Give us spectacular, not just cute. Then we’ll talk.

1 minute ago, LaFama said:

Hide contents

No but seriously, I think she has the talent to become an icon on her right in the long run. I feel like Dua is gonna be the type of pop star thats always gonna play it safe, but shes gonna have a solid career. I dont even think "the next Madonna" is a thing, I think that was a once in lifetime kind of thing, the closest thing we got to see was Britney and Gaga by the impact they had on pop culture.

Just now, River said:

The days of legends are over, FN is a great album, I enjoy it a lot, but Madonna didn't need to release 5 remixes of the best song of her album, this move showed that she still needs to maintain her career and her name worldwide.

Guys I think you’re misunderstanding the question at hand. Personally I feel Dua’s whole career wont even be as iconic as a single Madonna era ala Erotica/LAP/ROL/COADF. I’m asking whether u guys think her talent lives up to her ambition 

1 minute ago, QueenGaga said:

Guys I think you’re misunderstanding the question at hand. Personally I feel Dua’s whole career wont even be as iconic as a single Madonna era ala Erotica/LAP/ROL/COADF. I’m asking whether u guys think her talent lives up to her ambition 

FN really showed her ambition yeah, but idk if Madonna is that right artist to use the comparison for that.

Je ne parle pas français but I can padam if you like

Cookie Tookie

I’m sorry, but NO one can be the next Madonna. Madonna will remain the main female icon of pop music until she dies.

• Admin locked this topic

Archived