3 hours ago, RAMROD said:

The way 2012 will repeat itself

F7wT.gif

I doubt Gaga will be releasing during the same Grammy deadline.:huh:

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply
15 minutes ago, StrawberryBlond said:

I thought you were saying they had different fanbases, though and thus will have different chart success at different times? I also don't know if I agree that Ariana would win in a lead single head-to-head. Later singles, though, she'll have a definite chance.

oh no, i'm just saying that Adele's reach is so much broader than Ariana's that it's almost not even comparable. That being said, I don't know if Adele releasing at the same time as Ariana necessarily diminishes Ariana's own era's success, y'know? (Which is what this thread seems to say, that Ariana's gonna get steamrolled by Adele)

If Ariana fully goes down the sultry R&B route with this album, then I think Ariana still stands a very good chance of putting up great numbers.

Like, my prediction is that Adele will debut with 1 million+, but Ariana will still pull somewhere between 300k-500k – which is still remarkably high, and both would shove into 2020's Top 10 bestsellers regardless.

Justin Drew Bieber

Adele isn’t a threat. People always act like she’s the second coming of god :rip:

jimmytimestep

I just can’t believe that Republic would be so stupid to release Ari’s album on the same day.

Here’s what I see happening:

MOST LIKELY: the 10/30 rumor for Adele releasing an album is false. I COULD see her releasing a single on 10/30 for a late November release, which is exactly what her team did for “25”.

LESS LIKELY: Adele is releasing a Christmas/holiday album on 10/30 which could, in some ways, feel “fair”, as holiday albums I think are seen by the industry as “side projects”.

LEAST LIKELY (but still possible): Adele and Ari are releasing the same day but Adele is experimenting with this album and the industry predicts she will underperform, and Scooter/Republic have a lot of faith in Ari’s latest and are pushing her against the titan.

StarstruckIllusion

CAN WE JUST SMILE.zip AND ACKNOWLEDGE SCOOTER MAD AS HELL RN?!!?! I KNO he’s fuming at Ari getting blocked. S M I L I N G!!! 

StarstruckIllusion
27 minutes ago, Justin Drew Bieber said:

Adele isn’t a threat. People always act like she’s the second coming of god :rip:

Justin Drew Bieber
Just now, StarstruckIllusion said:

I meant she isn’t a threat as in they both have different audiences, Ariana has never been an album seller, she’s stronger in streaming, and Adele in pure sales.

StarstruckIllusion
28 minutes ago, Justin Drew Bieber said:

I meant she isn’t a threat as in they both have different audiences, Ariana has never been an album seller, she’s stronger in streaming, and Adele in pure sales.

But Ari just kissed #1 goodbye lol i know scooter mad 

Teletubby
2 minutes ago, StarstruckIllusion said:

what if scooter found out Adele is releasing November 6th so he and Ari decided to release Positions before Adele to get this #1 on Billboard? :gum:

I had a hole in the pocket of my favourite coat And my love for @Juanlittlem dropped into the lining

Red Velvet
4 hours ago, StrawberryBlond said:

one delayed album do well yet.

actually... Chromatica did very well.

BLACKPINK IN YOUR AREA

Anderson123

Why do fans think only one popstar is allowed to have an active album cycle at a time. If Adele were to release music that weekend then cool, 2 new albums for me to listen to. 

Justin Drew Bieber
43 minutes ago, StarstruckIllusion said:

We don’t know if Adele is releasing :shrug:

ItWasntLaauv

Ari is fine lmao, she has over 200 million followers on IG and a booming music career.

Also she’ll probably release another album in less than a year.

Curunir
4 hours ago, The Clown said:

If Adele releases an album anytime between Oct 30 and Nov 5, then Ari ain't getting a #1 album.

I can guarantee you that if Adele releases her album on Oct 30th, no one is dethroning her for at least 4 weeks.

Archived