⚔️ CHROMATICA OUT NOW ⚔️

🎃 The October fan mail is here! 🎃
Sign in to follow this  
society

Macron Decries Islamic Terrorist Attack

Candy Gaga
10 minutes ago, Faysalaaa said:

ever tried to study or do research of the context of the verses, or do you just copy paste random verses from the internet?

Well since you're here you can explain them if you want cause anyone reading those words will understand them in only one way which is kill every single creature not related or disobey Islam and what Islam stands for. We're not trying to attack you or your religion btw I don't think that's the intention of anyone here , It's just that unfortunately a lot of people still live with those words even now in our modern age so if you're gonna talk about how those verses were written during war times and to defend Islam why are some people still living through those verses and acknowledging them and taking things into their own hands killing an innocent person for showing a picture. Again we're not saying all Muslims are like that but you can't deny that a great majority still accept , support and agree to these verses nowadays

Edited by Candy Gaga

Cersei Lannister
20 minutes ago, wetasspussy said:

That being said after the events of charlie hebdo attacks back in 2015 the teacher should have atleast tried to remain safe and careful by not showing those cartoons for his own personal safety

This sounds a lot like victim blaming. “If you hadn’t done such and such then maybe your head wouldn’t have been chopped off! Shame on you!”  

More wine 🍷
  • Like 8

LittleMonster20
22 minutes ago, wetasspussy said:

Ngl despite being born from a pious muslim family myself. I do feel very distant from any sort religion at all. People tend to do horrific and awful things and try to bring the justification of religion into it. I'm not calling out any religion or islam in particular but the mentality which people seem to possess from following it to an extreme.  

That being said after the events of charlie hebdo attacks back in 2015 the teacher should have atleast tried to remain safe and careful by not showing those cartoons for his own personal safety

Non-violently showing something to someone regardless of the content should not warrant getting murdered.

Edited by LittleMonster20
Still looking for Wonderland
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Cersei Lannister

We always say “teach men not to rape” so how about “teach these radical Muslims/Christians or whatever not to murder.” It’s no different and if you are a devout part of one of these oppressive and violent systems I’d strongly encourage you to reconsider what you follow! 

More wine 🍷
  • Thanks 1

Candy Gaga
38 minutes ago, KanyeWest said:

And the same with Christianity, just so people dont use the word "islamophobe" again

Luke 19:27 

But as for these enemies of mine, who did not want me to reign over them, bring them here and slaughter them before me.’”

Leviticus 20:13

If a man lies with a male as with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination; they shall surely be put to death; their blood is upon them.

Deuteronomy 17:12

The man who acts presumptuously by not obeying the priest who stands to minister there before the Lord your God, or the judge, that man shall die. So you shall purge the evil from Israel.

But the question is Do Christians or members of any other religion aside from Islam use verses like these in our modern day ? Members of other religions realise that there is a difference between the eras their Holy Book was written and modern age and don't run around with swords killing people unlike SOME muslims who still justify killing people by taking their verses written thousands of years ago into heart. If you saw the amount of support and cheering that terrorist got yesterday from an Arabic news outlet while others claiming him a martyr in heaven is sad and scary so we should focus on the main issue here which is basically the still ongoing Jihad that a lot of people believe in and support

Edited by Candy Gaga
  • Like 1

SchwineLove
4 hours ago, GovernmentHookah said:

I was raised Catholic so I know first hand of what it feels like to feel repressed by religion. The biggest threat to society is religion.

I think the biggest threat to society is ignorance and unwillingness/laziness to think, which comes to many forms and background, including the blind belief of religion and take it into form of extremism. The believer is too lazy to think critically and holistically, and take the textbook as plain as it is, and make religion as "rationalization" of their violent acts. 

But mainly to put it simply, in my opinion, ignorance is the biggest threat to society.

• Thanks 2

SchwineLove
9 minutes ago, Candy Gaga said:

But the question is Do Christians or members of any other religion aside from Islam use verses like these in our modern day ? Members of other religions realise that there is a difference between the eras their Holy Book was written and modern age and don't run around with swords killing people unlike SOME muslims who still justify killing people by taking their verses written thousands of years ago into heart. If you saw the amount of support and cheering that terrorist got yesterday from an Arabic news outlet while others claiming him a martyr in heaven is sad and scary so we should focus on the main issue here which is basically the still ongoing Jihad that a lot of people believe in and support

Christian has some dark ages in the past with Crusaders or things when they kill unbelievers (cmiiw tho, I don't remember the names or details)

SchwineLove
1 hour ago, Candy Gaga said:

This is smth written in their book here is an example 

Surah 3:151: “We shall cast terror into the hearts of those who disbelieve (all non-Muslims) ...”

Surah 2:191: “And kill them (non-Muslims) wherever you find them ... kill them. Such is the recompense of the disbelievers (non-Muslims).”

Surah 9:5: “Then kill the disbelievers (non-Muslims) wherever you find them, capture them and besiege them, and lie in wait for them in each and every ambush ...”

These are all a tiny example from the Quran about how non Muslims should be treated by Islam and Muslims so this incident is expected

Thank you for pointing out how the terrorists interpret the holy verses.

Candy Gaga
1 minute ago, SchwineLove said:

Christian has some dark ages in the past with Crusaders or things when they kill unbelievers (cmiiw tho, I don't remember the names or details)

I understand that you can find dark past against any religion if you want but as you called it PAST. The issue we're talking about here is Jihad and Jihadists that are doing terrorist attacks in our modern days that even a large group of Muslims themselves are fighting against 

• Like 1

Candy Gaga
1 minute ago, SchwineLove said:

Thank you for pointing out how the terrorists interpret the holy verses.

Noone said that all Muslims in the world carry swords and go kill people it's a fight against terrorism not Islam but can you deny tho that these verses are from the Quran and some people justify what they do nowadays by still living through these verses

PartySick
10 minutes ago, Candy Gaga said:

But the question is Do Christians or members of any other religion aside from Islam use verses like these in our modern day ?

Uh...Donald Trump, several ragtag US "militia", God's Knights, the KKK, some Neo-Nazi groups, and the Westboro Baptist Church would all like a word with this statement :sweat: not to mention the bloody history of the Abrahamic middle child.

These "Islamic terrorists" are politically and socially motivated. They're not waging a holy war, they're engaging in a power struggle. A fight for influence over a destabilized region of the world. ISIS, Al Qaeda, and any other faction are just out for power and profit. They may use religion as a guise and some of their enemies and supporters might believe it but they're not doing these things because their god commands it :laughga:

There's a billion Muslims in the world. If Islam was some kind of death cult then none of us would be alive right now.

I'm dreaming of going somewhere else. Being human.
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

LittleMonster20

Don’t you guys realize how ****ED UP this situation is? We aren’t getting this teacher back. This was someone who taught kids at school. Imagine the shock of these kids, and the close ones of the teacher. This isn’t some small incident that can be turned back. This is brutal murder as result of indoctrination, and I stand by this. People shouldn’t have to fear for their safety for being rational and not believing in manipulative bullshit. No one should have to fear their life ever for not harming anyone.

Edited by LittleMonster20
Still looking for Wonderland

PartySick

Gonna lock this because some problematic posts have already been made and I don't see the conversation improving.

@Faysalaaa asked nicely so I'll unlock this for now just so a constructive conversation is possible.

Keep it cute, loves

I'm dreaming of going somewhere else. Being human.
  • Love 2
  • Shook 1

Faysalaaa
On 10/17/2020 at 11:37 AM, Candy Gaga said:

Surah 3:151: “We shall cast terror into the hearts of those who disbelieve (all non-Muslims) ...”

This verse specifically talks about the none believers who wanted to attack Muslims who were too week to defend themselves. So God is telling Muslims that he will cast terror into the hearts of the disbelievers which will lead the disbelievers to change their mind on war and not attack Muslims.

On 10/17/2020 at 11:37 AM, Candy Gaga said:

Surah 9:5: “Then kill the disbelievers (non-Muslims) wherever you find them, capture them and besiege them, and lie in wait for them in each and every ambush ...”

This is one of the most used verses against Islam. What bothers me the most is how they intentionally edit the verse to sound violent. Here is the full verse that is self explanatory:

Kill them wherever you come upon them and drive them out of the places from which they have driven you out. For persecution is far worse than killing. And do not fight them at the Sacred Mosque unless they attack you there. If they do so, then fight them—that is the reward of the disbelievers. But if they cease, then surely Allah is All-Forgiving, Most Merciful.

Edited by Faysalaaa

Faysalaaa

1 hour ago, Candy Gaga said:

Western governments attack and terrorize Muslims but they do it legally and without a religious ideology, and Islamic Terrorists attack with a religious ideology because they are religious. But isnt it the same thing? 

Islamic terrorists and radical ideology is funded by world and western governments to serve their personal interest which is why Islamic terrorism is strong.

Here is a Christian American world leader that killed and tortured million of Muslims because he dreamed God told him to go to war:

Edited by Faysalaaa