⚔️ CHROMATICA OUT NOW ⚔️

🎃 The October fan mail is here! 🎃
Sign in to follow this  
lgbt

Amy Coney Barrett Receives Backlash For Saying "Sexual Preferences"

Xoxo Adriana

that’s not offensive. being straight is also a “sexual preference”. from the sounds of it, she didn’t even mean it that way.  

MatureWigglyGlassfrog-max-1mb.gif

EDIT: you forgot to include the part where she apologised for it despite it being a minor mistake - https://www.google.com.au/amp/s/www.businessinsider.com/amy-coney-barrett-apologizes-sexual-preference-lgbtq-scotus-2020-10%3famp

Edited by Xoxo Adriana
  • Like 8
  • Sad 3

TimisaMonster

And I Oop Whatcha Say GIF by Jasmine Masters

Stream my new single 🔥"Dance in the Flames"🔥 on Spotify!

weed

Very sad that she’ll be on the supreme court

• Like 1

Awakened M
3 minutes ago, Xoxo Adriana said:

that’s not offensive. being straight is also a “sexual preference”. from the sounds of it, she didn’t even mean it that way. 

What is your sexual preference?:saladga:

I'm not getting any sleep tonight because I woke up to a beautiful life. I'm awake.

holy scheisse
5 minutes ago, Xoxo Adriana said:

EDIT: you forgot to include the part where she apologised for it - https://www.google.com.au/amp/s/www.businessinsider.com/amy-coney-barrett-apologizes-sexual-preference-lgbtq-scotus-2020-10%3famp

Preference implies choice and it's not a choice.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 13

VenusHooker

I hate it when people say Sexual Preferences, it's very common. But many do it without bad intention. You have to educate instead of attacking (I don't mean her, but the "ordinary people").

Edited by VenusHooker
last.fm/user/Garzilazo
  • Like 3

Cookie Tookie

I get what she meant. However, it’s time to pick the correct words. It’s 2020.

PartySick

Aren't the terms interchangeable? :poot:

Edit: nevermind :lolly:

4 minutes ago, weed said:

Very sad that she’ll be on the supreme court

Hopefully Biden and the newly Democratic senate actually do expand the court to 12. They've been dodgy on the question so I'll assume they're considering it to save myself the stress :yennefer:

Edited by PartySick
I'm dreaming of going somewhere else. Being human.
  • Like 2

Xoxo Adriana
1 minute ago, Awakened M said:

What is your sexual preference?:saladga:

Just now, holy scheisse said:

well you’re choosing to date/have sexual relations with a person, am i correct? feelings however aren’t a preference, i agree. these are two completely different things. 

despite this, it’s very clear she made a hiccup and everyone is acting as if she committed murder, nobody will understand us if we keep on showing people we are the enemy.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

Bonkers

Why is nobody asking her about her crazy eyes?  :saladga:

On Real Housewives that always causes them to sink their own ship.

Remember to like and subscribe, and click on the bell icon to get the latest updates

thierryrreiht
14 minutes ago, VenusHooker said:

You have to educate instead of attacking.

It’s ok to educate your fish-out-of-the-water aunt at a Thanksgiving dinner. But a Supreme Court Justice (for life) that has to interpret the law and accord or revoke rights to this very community? Come on. 

Edited by thierryrreiht
  • Like 9
  • Thanks 9

Cersei Lannister

There’s plenty to criticize her for. Focusing on this wastes time and undermines the bigger problems that will result from her being confirmed. She doesn’t give a damn about understanding lgbt issues anyway, especially not her use of a word. If she was a liberal and being appointed by a democratic president then it would be fine to discuss because she might actually care about the concerns. I think the criticism of her could be better prioritized. 

More wine 🍷
  • Like 2

Chromatography
21 minutes ago, holy scheisse said:

i thought preference was just a greater liking for one thing over another. that’s not predicated on it being a choice. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

SevenWonder

I think this coupled with the fact that she's EXTREMELY conservative in her Catholicism means this wasn't just an accident or minor slip of the tongue.

It's a deeply personally held belief no matter how much she tries to act like it isn't. Doesn't matter anyway. She'll be confirmed and we will all have no preference at all in having to deal with this nightmare of a Justice.

• Like 9