💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
throwback

FKA twigs - Home With You

FfFfFfFF

Featured Posts

FfFfFfFF

R-14335783-1572462118-6766.jpeg.jpg

On this day in 2019, FKA twigs released the second single off her sophomore album Magdalene, called Home With You.

The track is well-liked among fans and is often praised for the contrast between the beat-heavy versese and the light, dreamy chorus.

The lyrics reference twigs' relationship struggles and health problems (Apples, cherries, pain being a direct reference to the tumors she had removed a couple of years prior).

She gave a bit of an in-depth explanation during her Geius interview last year:

What is your opinion on the song/ the rest of the songs on the album?

alsemanche

Amazing track. The outro is transcendental and the contrast between chorus and verses is so well done i cant imagine anyone else doing it as well as her. 

Soft, soothing, and succulent

Born This Way

I love this song and the whole album so much. It's perfect for driving at night too. Like idk how to describe how I feel about it without just saying I love it over and over lol.

Kinda off topic: I really can't believe Lana would compare her little twirling on a poll for a few seconds to the dedication that Twigs spent to learn poll dancing for a year and deliver the best music video of 2019 which displays her skills. A nightmare.

Avada Kedavra I speak to destroy

FfFfFfFF
8 hours ago, alsemanche said:

The outro is transcendental

Yes! I used to dislike the final part and think it was kinda forced but it grew on me. The cello and ending instrumentals are actually so beautiful and serene.

But the first minute of the song is so dark and gloomy, it's still the part of the song to me. 

Archived