Rihanna under fire for using a Hadith on Savage X Fenty

FrozenKookie

Featured Posts

• Replies 416
  • Created
  • Last Reply
JusKeepBreathin
4 minutes ago, SKANK said:

Enigma pop star is fun, she uses hadith for fashion.

It's not a statement as much as just a move of passion.

9 pages of Gaga stans eating their words. 

Wear your burqas and stream Aura for world peace. 

"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity." -Martin Luther King Jr.

I get the comments that Gaga is a christian, so her using her 'own' religion as a source of inspiration (and controversy -> press) is considered more acceptable, but let's not forget that Gaga posed with a see-through pink burqa (though not necessarily connected to Islam, it's at least connected to modern Islamic culture), or that Gaga appropriated Ancient Greek culture. Hell, the entire ARTPOP era 'appropriated' renaissance 'appropriations' of ancient Greek culture - and in both cases, nobody cared. And if somebody did care, we wouldn't have said 'some people feel offended, please shut up if you don't get it or disagree'.

17 minutes ago, alsemanche said:

I was just about to say this. I'm from an Arab country (but I was raised Christian so that's different) BUT my friends who were born and raised Muslim and who still live in Muslim environments just heard about this too and they literally couldn't care less. They're actually bopping to the song :toofunny:

Disappointed seeing you agreeing with that post. I’m not talking for anyone, I’m talking for myself and I have right to, Also this is not Arabic culture issue.

Even if your friends don’t care, there are many others who do, check Twitter. 

FreePalestine

1 hour ago, Luc said:

I get the comments that Gaga is a christian, so her using her 'own' religion as a source of inspiration (and controversy -> press) is considered more acceptable, but let's not forget that Gaga posed with a see-through pink burqa (though not necessarily connected to Islam, it's at least connected to modern Islamic culture), or that Gaga appropriated Ancient Greek culture. Hell, the entire ARTPOP era 'appropriated' renaissance 'appropriations' of ancient Greek culture - and in both cases, nobody cared. And if somebody did care, we wouldn't have said 'some people feel offended, please shut up if you don't get it or disagree'.

Thats because Muslims dont view women wearing Burqa as offensive. But remixing a hadith during a lingerie show is viewed as offensive by Muslims.

SuperSunset
1 hour ago, Hurem said:

Islamic people are way too sensitive anyways. People should be able to use whatever they in want in any way, shape or form they want. If you’re offended, I’m afraid it’s your problem - 

1 hour ago, SHALLOW said:

I thought this was something serious :selena:

I’d never cancel Rihanna for this tbh

1 hour ago, Vico said:

Ppl ctiticise Christianity all the time but no one cries about it. So what... 🤣 Yall need to chil. 

1 hour ago, Sepsami said:

Should we be able to criticise religion and use in arts like music? Absolutely, so in that sense I agree with many members here. I will say this does come across as ignorant though, I know many people don't even know that this is tied to Islam or what a Hadith is :awkney: I didn't know either :awkney:

1 hour ago, brownie said:

All religion is wack, I’m not offended at all by the hadith usage. More offended by the lack of masks amongst that large group...

Don't you all understand it is not about just Islam?Just because other people mock Christianism doesn't mean it is ok to do it or it is ok to mock other religions as well.If it is misogynistic then it is misogynistic dont even dare sugar coat the situation or underestimate it.

I cant believe people here are this Islamaphobic and ignorant.If Rihanna had done something homophobic 90% of people here would  already burried her alive but i guess some of you think being atheist or being from another religion gives you right to mock it.

And don't ever dare pulling "aLL rEliGiOns aRe wAcK" bs ever again most of y'all here pushing 30s but acting like edgy teenagers .

You are not cool you sound ignorant asf

Pennywise
1 minute ago, auburn said:

This is my experience as well. Organized religion in general is not and should not be exempt from being used in such places. If people knew what Islam is, they wouldn't defend it. I may sound discriminatory but that's because that religion has done nothing but ostracize me from my family and society. 

I don't blame people on ggd, though. Most people see non-extreme, docile examples of Islam from non-Islamic countries. The truth is, any religion gets bad once it is a majority. 

YOUR GOD IS NOT HERE MICHAEL NOR WILL HE EVER BE

3 minutes ago, Faysalaaa said:

Thats because Muslims dont view women wearing Burqa as offensive. But remixing a hadith during a lingerie show is viewed as offensive.

gaga-burqa.png

It's pretty obvious to me that a pink see-through burqa is a deliberate criticism of normal burqas though. 

I just hope we can, in the future, appreciate, criticize, and take inspiration from all cultures, and that people can still feel offended if they want, but that that group is at least a bit smaller. When people hate on cultural appropriation it often hinges on overt conservatism. Cultural diffusion should be considered okay. And for that matter, I don't care if cishet girls 'appropriate' gay culture, at most I feel a slight discomfort, but not much more. Same with people who 'appropriate' or inaccurately depict Dutch culture, even if some sensitive Dutch people feel offended when someone like Gaga and Rihanna come to the country and think it's all about weed.

JusKeepBreathin
1 minute ago, Faysalaaa said:

Thats because Muslims dont view women wearing Burqa as offensive. But remixing a hadith during a lingerie show is viewed as offensive.

That's why no one cared last year her fashion show had many head pieces that resembled burqas.

"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity." -Martin Luther King Jr.

1 hour ago, lego said:

Second, Arabs don’t own Islamic religion, if you’d read you’d notice even NOT all members with Arabic backgrounds agreed in this thread.

Not all arab people are muslims.... thats a misunderstanding people have. Just because you come from an arabic country does not mean you are muslim, for one.

SuperSunset
1 minute ago, Luc said:

gaga-burqa.png

It's pretty obvious to me that a pink see-through burqa is a deliberate criticism of normal burqas.

Burqa is not part of Islam culture Hijab is.Thats why it didn't get criticism. What you think of the situation doesn't actually change it or doesn't matter

auburn
1 minute ago, Pennywise said:

I don't blame people on ggd, though. Most people see non-extreme, docile examples of Islam from non-Islamic countries. The truth is, any religion gets bad once it is a majority. 

Definitely. I'm not saying all muslims are bad, but people need to be more critical of organized religion and check their performative woke anger, because it makes them look like fools. I just see a lot of virtue signalling. People want to be perceived as woke SO bad it's embarrassing.

7 minutes ago, auburn said:

When have you seen people on here discuss anti-muslim terrorism inflicted by the west here? I have never and people continue to propel politicians into power that continue this agenda in the region. But sure Rihanna used a song!! How dare she!!!!! Performative at best.

Tbf you also have to right to open up the discussion. If you’re not willing to then you really can’t be surprised that others who aren’t Muslim haven’t. Not saying anyone should turn a blind eye to things that don’t affect them personally but people do most sometimes. If it’s something that you want to discuss then open up the conversation and others will surely join.

• PartySick locked this topic

Archived