Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Fun Tonight is a Wonderful Song

Born in Chromatica

Featured Posts

The song and its melodies sound like instant classic. Something people would cover in singing competitions. I love it. There is something familiar about it, even if you listen for the first time. 

Also it's perfect for the radio. A mix of dance to satisfy younger fans and listeners but still sounds ballad-y for Shallow enthusiasts :party:

Too many people here with moral superiority complex.

MercifulAir

My husband really likes this song, and then I told him the meaning behind it and it made him really sad. 

PrincessGUY

It punched me in my soul from the first listen 😭 still one of my top songs on Chromatica

newseason

It has consistently been in my top 3 favourite Chromatica songs since its release. The lyrics are really good and relatable, and the instrumental buildup and tension always makes me excited to listen to it. I may be in a minority, but the fact that it's missing its first chorus made it even more special to me (the transition from the first "I'm not having fun tonight" to the next section is really smooth). The only thing that had to grew on me (but it eventually did) was the dance break, as I would have liked a different synth for it.

"Iiiiiiiii'm feeling the way that I'm feeling, I'm feeling with youuuu...." I really like this part. The song also reminds me of Before I Cry song from ASIB, for some reason.. If it were to have a music video, it would be a dream for me to see a normal Gaga dancing in a club crying, cliche music video, with another artistic twist (totally different concept from 911).

2School4Cool
3 hours ago, FudgeyBear said:

It’s always been a top favorite since the first listen. I remember getting chills hearing her sing about not pulling her weight and thinking how raw and sad that is. 

Same here! Fun Tonight and Sine From Above have been my top two since first listen.

See The Best In Everyone

Babel
2 hours ago, MonsterPug said:

I really like the song. It reminds me of hair. Even though the songs have different meanings and different sounds. 

I think it’s the sadness in her voice. It has that melancholic feel to it. 

Archived