💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
movie

‘Avatar 2’ Filming Is 100% Complete, ‘Avatar 3’ 95% Finished

BUtterfield 8

Featured Posts

2 minutes ago, Doot said:

The Office No GIF

Just like I said to M Monstre, don't worry, Avengers 5 will snatch it back :billie:

If you see me posting like crazy, I'm either bored or procrastinating.

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply
RahrahWitch

I'm a sucker for a beautiful CGI world so I'm hyped for the next films. I do hope the story gets better than humans invading vs alien planet.

26 minutes ago, whoresup said:

Why did they make 3 movies at once? Why not make 1 then afterwards do the next one?

If people are critical of this second film then it'll be too late because they won’t be able to really change it for the others. 

They only filmed 2 & 3 at the same time. Avatar 4 & 5 are dependent on 2 & 3's success.

But studios sometimes do this to save time & money - Disney also did it with Pirates 2 & 3 & Avengers: Infinity War & Endgame. They don't have to rebuild sets that normally get destroyed after a film has completed shooting, they don't have to re-schedule actors to all be in the same place again, they get longer to work on the post production, etc. I guess in a way, it's the same sort of situation with bulk-buying, it's always gonna be cheaper to buy in bulk. But this only really happens for massive budget films that the studio are certain will be successful. They'd never do it for a more risky franchise.

Lord Temptation
1 hour ago, whoresup said:

Why did they make 3 movies at once? Why not make 1 then afterwards do the next one?

If people are critical of this second film then it'll be too late because they won’t be able to really change it for the others. 

To save on costs. Rather than have multiple trips and having to send hundreds of people and millions of dollars of equipment to the filming location back and forth, and pay for multiple hotel stays, filming back-to-back reduces costs, especially insurance, expenses like travel, food catering, accommodation and local taxes. It’s been standard practice since Back to the Future 2 and 3 were both filmed in 1988 and came out in 1989 and 1990, respectively.

PsychoMaxcara

Well, I'm excited for the sequels, but also a little bit wary at the same time. Hollywood has been consistently churning out extremely disappointing stuff as of late and sequels are what they are. The first one was incredible. The 'Avatar' franchise could be either the new Star Wars (speaking of the original trilogy) or Alien.

Taylucifer

did anybody really care about this movie in the first place? better give us a storyline that isn't drawn out over 4 more movies or else you're gonna have a flop on your hands luv

The Tortured Poets Department is out NOW

Lord Temptation
17 minutes ago, Taylucifer said:

did anybody really care about this movie in the first place? better give us a storyline that isn't drawn out over 4 more movies or else you're gonna have a flop on your hands luv

Cameron has so far made two sequels: Aliens (which was the sequel to Ridley Scott’s original Alien film) and Terminator 2 Judgment Day (sequel to his own The Terminator), and both are widely regarded by critics and fans as equal if not better than their original masterpieces.

Please, enough with doubting his virtuosity in expanding and enhancing fictional universes. They’ve been doubting him since they said Titanic would end up like Waterworld and again saying that Avatar would flop - they’re literally always wrong.

Reality
1 hour ago, Lord Temptation said:

Then why are the films so inconsistent? Simply being a fan doesn’t give him a free pass. Being an expert on the MCU does not guarantee good storytelling. Good directors and good writers create good stories. Not just good actors and realistic special effects.

I understand that, and I'm not denying that. I'm not saying that the directors, writers, actors, and special effects team are not responsible for each of their respective movies, but I also think you're downplaying Feige's importance to the overall MCU. It's still all Feige's vision. The directors that the MCU hires help to execute that vision. They have artistic input, absolutely, but let's not act like Feige doesn't do anything of service to the overall narrative. 

Also if anything, the MCU is too consistent. I don't understand your argument that it's too inconsistent. A very valid criticism that the MCU has always gotten is that their movies are just basically the same, just with different characters. I think that's valid, and I think that Phase 4 will change that.

🃏🖤👹

Reality
1 hour ago, Regina George said:

Actually I wasn’t talking about you directly. I was talking about all people in here doubting the impact of that movie. 

I personally don’t like movie with comedic elements. Without them it’s just action scenes without real story. 

And I'm one of those people :trollga:

I also disagree that MCU movies without the comedy are just "action scenes without real story." The story is there. That's a big reason why Endgame did so well. It was a culmination of the entire story leading up to that point. 

1 hour ago, Regina George said:

One of the reasons those movies are extremely successful is their marketing.. He is smart I honestly think he’ll find a way to make them successful.. 

He'll definitely try to market it like it's this "new and innovative" technology. Whether it is, we'll just have to wait and see, I just think that people won't care as much the second time around. 

🃏🖤👹

Chromatican

I’m guessing the hype will die out eventually by probably Avatar 4, but some of you are seriously underestimating James Cameron. I’m sure a studio wouldn’t just let people blow money on this if they didn’t have a way to promote it and get butts in seats. I think you guys need to understand that just because Avatar isn’t talked about everyday doesn’t mean it is forgotten. Just because the Marvel movies churn out a ton of movies all the time and stays in the public consciousness doesn’t mean Avatar is forgotten. Avatar held the record for quite some time until Endgame took over and the ride at Disney is one of the most popular. Let’s wait until we see some official trailers before we start making a ton of assumptions.

Lord Temptation
10 minutes ago, M Monstre said:

I understand that, and I'm not denying that. I'm not saying that the directors, writers, actors, and special effects team are not responsible for each of their respective movies, but I also think you're downplaying Feige's importance to the overall MCU. It's still all Feige's vision. The directors that the MCU hires help to execute that vision. They have artistic input, absolutely, but let's not act like Feige doesn't do anything of service to the overall narrative. 

Also if anything, the MCU is too consistent. I don't understand your argument that it's too inconsistent. A very valid criticism that the MCU has always gotten is that their movies are just basically the same, just with different characters. I think that's valid, and I think that Phase 4 will change that.

One day I will sit down and do a MCU marathon. As I stated before in the past I have avoided them at all costs, in principle. So my criticisms come from reading and extrapolating from other people’s criticisms, both professional critics and anonymous ones. And they all seem to agree that the quality just gets lesser and lesser with each new film. But i’ll be the judge. I hope i’m pleasantly surprised. 

Chromatican

Nnnnnn not people here saying Avatar is forgotten when literally everyone knows it, and recognizes the Na’Vi character design. What’s next? Is the Alien franchise forgotten because it doesn’t get talked about as much? Pretty sure the Xenomorph is instantly recognizable. 

Archived