movie

‘Avatar 2’ Filming Is 100% Complete, ‘Avatar 3’ 95% Finished

BUtterfield 8

Featured Posts

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply
elijahfan

I'm afraid dear old James might be getting a bit ahead of himself with these 4 sequels.... I have no doubt the sequel is gonna smash, but I don't feel like this is a universe people are gonna be willing to revisit for the next 8 years. The first film was an event for many different reasons, but frankly it's barely talked about today and in hindsight, it's really not that great of a film beyond the technological argument. I'm getting franchise fatigue just by watching that schedule, and this is coming from someone who saw the first film three times in theaters. It's great to have a global vision for the story you want to tell, but I don't feel like it has the wings to fly as far as something like Star Wars for instance.

thehanyo

This thread is almost 10 pages long... there is definitely hype for this lmao.

I was just reading why this was delayed by so many years. Apparently they had to invent the technology of doing motion capture underwater. Kate Winslet had to learn how to do professional diving and hold her breath underwater for 7 minutes. Wow.

Dominic

They made enough impact with the first film to carry viewers right until the end. I also imagine, in the last 10 years, they're well aware the fans weren't feeling the plot that much so they'll be sure to focus on that. 

The hardest thing in this world is to live in it

DiskoBaby
2 hours ago, elijahfan said:

I'm afraid dear old James might be getting a bit ahead of himself with these 4 sequels.... I have no doubt the sequel is gonna smash, but I don't feel like this is a universe people are gonna be willing to revisit for the next 8 years. The first film was an event for many different reasons, but frankly it's barely talked about today and in hindsight, it's really not that great of a film beyond the technological argument. I'm getting franchise fatigue just by watching that schedule, and this is coming from someone who saw the first film three times in theaters. It's great to have a global vision for the story you want to tell, but I don't feel like it has the wings to fly as far as something like Star Wars for instance.

Bad example 😂

As if the first one wasn't bad enough... Honestly I remember when I saw it at the theater I was so freaking bored, and I couldn't wait to take off the damn 3-D glasses. No way I'm subjecting myself to 4 more of these.

ItWasntLaauv

The only Avatar I know is Avatar: The Last Airbender, best piece of media with the word Avatar in it. A controversial, yet brave statement by yours truly. :trollga::kiss:

But we don’t speak of the movie of course. :jase:

Gabbi Hannah Stan
14 minutes ago, ItWasntLaauv said:

The only Avatar I know is Avatar: The Last Airbender, best piece of media with the word Avatar in it. A controversial, yet brave statement by yours truly. :trollga::kiss:

But we don’t speak of the movie of course. :jase:

wait it was a show?

Taylucifer
12 hours ago, Lord Temptation said:

Cameron has so far made two sequels: Aliens (which was the sequel to Ridley Scott’s original Alien film) and Terminator 2 Judgment Day (sequel to his own The Terminator), and both are widely regarded by critics and fans as equal if not better than their original masterpieces.

Please, enough with doubting his virtuosity in expanding and enhancing fictional universes. They’ve been doubting him since they said Titanic would end up like Waterworld and again saying that Avatar would flop - they’re literally always wrong.

I don't know anything about Cameron so that's good to hear, just when some people make sequels they don't seem to have a point other than make more money:triggered:

The Tortured Poets Department is out NOW

Just now, Queen Bitch said:

Last time I watched Avatar was in 2009. I don't even remember what it's about:bear:

Pocahontas but make it blue and in outer space.

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ be delulu until it becomes trululu (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡

Archived