💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
throwback

Did you know about this 'Thoughtrave' book?

HausOfAntonio

Featured Posts

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"I use audio waves to cause certain pathways that have been broken or misused through the natural course of your lives in order to remap those pathways in a more correct and productive way."

Well, this reminds me of Chromatica tbh. The Sine is on your side.

Kindness rules all.

HausOfAntonio
5 minutes ago, Poker said:

"I use audio waves to cause certain pathways that have been broken or misused through the natural course of your lives in order to remap those pathways in a more correct and productive way."

Well, this reminds me of Chromatica tbh. The Sine is on your side.

During the ARTPOP promo era she used to talk a lot about how the sonic engineering of ARTPOP was constructed to activate neurological responses (ie. binaural beats, which she used to produce the songs). The result was the albums cathartic electronic sound.

!!! This is an amazing find! Thank you for sharing it here with us!

Aww, this quote, page 117, she's so sweet:

I find myself living vicariously through the success of people who really want it. I never had that one person screaming “you can do this! you got this!” So I make sure I can be that person for anyone. Especially those people who are really talented and people probably think they know it or are arrogant; but really they have no idea how amazing they are, they’re just “being” and people run wild with judgments.

The precursor to "There can be a hundred people in the room..." :bradley:

⚡🐲

Franch Toast

I'm only on page 34, but I'm blown away. Holy moly! I didn't expect Deleuze & Guattari or Heidegger references! I think this is my favorite set of interviews with her. 

Also, there's a page about masks and viruses that gave me the chills. 

She/Her/Hers

HausOfAntonio

Here’s the problem with ARTPOP, and it’s not a function of the intergenerational pissing contest that oftentimes defines how mainstream and avant-garde artists express themselves. Gaga defined herself, and not necessarily in relationship to the expectations of publicists or managers or industry higher-ups. She defined herself. Said quite frankly: this is a part of me, the pop artist in the Warhol sense of the word. This is who I am and I am going to seek the affinity and collegiality of Lou Reed and Laurie Anderson who will ultimately reject what I am doing, but I am the one doing it, not you. That’s what pissed everyone off: a pop star off her chain, an outspoken woman, a beautiful creative artist no longer afraid to just “be” and embody the “born this way” ethic that skyrocketed her through the stratosphere to become the most important pop star since Freddie Mercury

:bradley:

HausOfAntonio
1 minute ago, Franch Toast said:

I'm only on page 34, but I'm blown away. Holy moly! I didn't expect Deleuze & Guattari or Heidegger references! I think this is my favorite set of interviews with her. 

Also, there's a page about masks and viruses that gave me the chills. 

The good sis came up with a whole philosophical concept 'Digitalis' to describe our reliance on binaries I- :bradley:

Lorde Von Kok

Wow ! I downloaded it and I planned on reading it in my free time. It sounds super interesting and is definitly up my alley ! Thank you very much for this great find.

What is done in the dark shall one day come to light.

HausOfAntonio
Just now, mauvais said:

I hope this is real because its mere existence supports my idea that ARTPOP is really her mfa/phd thesis.

Right? 

"All societies end up wearing masks.” – Jean Baudrillard, America 👀 

There is no way it can't be real? I literally don't know who would go to such lengths. The closing chapter, the way he describes their talks, their relationship, the way the acknowledgements list so many people that worked in making the book...

Its just completely weird to me how nobody knew about this?

Franch Toast

Okay, I just finished skimming it. I'll read it more in depth tomorrow. So many thoughts, but mainly: This is the content I want from her. F*ck the shallowness of E! News, TMZ, People Magazine, and the like. The woman is brilliant, but the media mainly zeroes in on superficial aspects of her career and life – what she wears, whom she's dating, how a song or album is performing, etc. 

The book is definitely real. I read his acknowledgments as well. I suppose this book flew under the radar because it doesn't contain juicy gossip about her personal life. 

More people like this need to interview her. The woman is capable of so much more than she's given credit for. I'm in awe. :heart:

She/Her/Hers

HausOfAntonio
2 minutes ago, Franch Toast said:

Okay, I just finished skimming it. I'll read it more in depth tomorrow. So many thoughts, but mainly: This is the content I want from her. F*ck the shallowness of E! News, TMZ, People Magazine, and the like. The woman is brilliant, but the media mainly zeroes in on superficial aspects of her career and life – what she wears, whom she's dating, how a song or album is performing, etc. 

The book is definitely real. I read his acknowledgments as well. I suppose this book flew under the radar because it doesn't contain juicy gossip about her personal life. 

More people like this need to interview her. The woman is capable of so much more than she's given credit for. I'm in awe. :heart:

MTE when reading :selena::flutter:

Stephen

I read a few parts and this part makes me think the writer is stupid :interestinga:

When talking about Applause:

Like she’s just having a good time and yet, in the midsts of this headphones party, while she has our attention, she offers a universal lesson all artists, even philosophers, need to learn: it is impossible to please everyone. She, like me, at the end of the day, will be perceived as a “coont.” But it is all worth it, she also seems to say.

Literally watch any interview from the ARTPOP era and you know the lyrics is KOONS. Who the hell is this guy :saladga:

It makes me question the validity of this book. Not to mention the out of character quotes from Gaga. I know she's an intellectual but it's very fishy. 

HausOfAntonio
2 minutes ago, Stephen said:

I read a few parts and this part makes me think the writer is stupid :interestinga:

When talking about Applause:

Like she’s just having a good time and yet, in the midsts of this headphones party, while she has our attention, she offers a universal lesson all artists, even philosophers, need to learn: it is impossible to please everyone. She, like me, at the end of the day, will be perceived as a “coont.” But it is all worth it, she also seems to say.

Literally watch any interview from the ARTPOP era and you know the lyrics is KOONS. Who the hell is this guy :saladga:

It makes me the question the validity of this book. Not to mention the out of character quotes from Gaga. I know she's an intellectual but it's very fishy. 

I found a few red flags too. But it makes absolutely no sense to me as to why any of it would be fake? It goes way too in depth on how they met and how the project started. I just don’t understand why we’ve never heard Gaga mention this guy ONCE?

But then again how would the book be published and in print if the content was fake?

Stephen
2 minutes ago, HausOfAntonio said:

I found a few red flags too. But it makes absolutely no sense to me as to why any of it would be fake? It goes way too in depth on how they met and how the project started. I just don’t understand why we’ve never heard Gaga mention this guy ONCE?

But then again how would the book be published and in print if the content was fake?

I don't think there's a vetting process for this stuff. It's possible Gaga has never even heard of it. Unless her/her team are aware he would never get in trouble.

If it's real... maybe she thought he was a moron so she never promoted it :toofunny: 

HausOfAntonio
4 minutes ago, Stephen said:

I don't think there's a vetting process for this stuff. It's possible Gaga has never even heard of it. Unless her/her team are aware he would never get in trouble.

If it's real... maybe she thought he was a moron so she never promoted it :toofunny: 

I wouldn’t imagine thats what she thinks of him from reading the book :laughga:

GAGA IF YOURE LURKING PLEASE CONFIRM IF THIS IS REAL :nooo:

Archived