🔴 Limited-edition Red Vinyl 🔴

Sign in to follow this  
society

UK considers outright ban on fur sales after Brexit

Meta Mart
4 minutes ago, HausOfAntonio said:

Tbh and I know I might get heat for this, but if we’re eating animals, we might as well show respect and utilize as much of their bodies as possible, including the fur. 

My issue with this is that in general I don't believe we eat the same types of animals that produce these kinds of furs. Meaning they are killed for their fur only.

• Thanks 1

RAMROD
44 minutes ago, Meta Mart said:

Who needs it?

A lot did. Otherwise there will be no stores selling it.

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ ♥

bionic

Banning fur sales but NOT human sales :saladga: 

buy bionic

HausOfAntonio
38 minutes ago, Meta Mart said:

My issue with this is that in general I don't believe we eat the same types of animals that produce these kinds of furs. Meaning they are killed for their fur only.

Thats what I said, though. There’s no problem with using cowhide/leather, rabbit fur, etc. if the meat was consumed as well. 

DiskoBaby
58 minutes ago, Illuminati said:

I would disagree. Wearing an animal is a fashion choice, real fur is also more expensive than the alternatives available.

It's not a necessity in a way food is. And while lots of people could and should pursue to be vegan their reason behind consuming meat comes from a basic need and convenience rather than vanity.

I just feel if they really care about the animals welfare, they should be making up laws that treat animals more humanely rather then how they’re treated now. Go all out and show you really care about animals. Push vegan style beef more and limit how much beef gets sold in stores to really make an impact. Push for more organic meat and make it essential for all farms to not have badly ethical treatment of chickens and livestock.

youandi
2 hours ago, GagaSine said:

I find this so strange considering stuff like sport hunting is allowed. But I guess that is more central to upper class ‘English’ Identity while wearing fur is just not that popular anymore.

I think you're right and this feels a little like a move to make it look like they're doing progressive things, trying to get friendly with remainers maybe, Idk maybe I'm being cynical