💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
throwback

That time I was arrested

David Ward

Featured Posts

David Ward

Back in 2014 when I was arrested at my twin brother's dorm (I was considered trespassing because I wasn't a registered guest and I had a little bit of weed on me :smh:)

So I'm in handcuffs in the backseat of a patrol car scared to death because court in that town wasn't for a few days so I would be in jail until i was able to see the judge and I've never been arrested before. The radio is playing and Applause comes on and all I could do was sing the lyrics to myself and it made me feel so much better because I was terrified. 

I ended up being locked up for 3 weeks. Court was once a week and at first it was a holiday, then my public defender never showed up the next week but finally after the 3rd week, I was released. But I'll never forget how much it put me at ease hearing Gaga while being scared half to death.

For context: This took place 20 mins outside of Atlantic City, NJ at Stockton University

CautiousLurker

I mean, I'm glad you found comfort in the song, but Holy Yikes! You were in jail for 3 weeks for visiting your brother and having weed on you? :wtfga:

David Ward
7 minutes ago, CautiousLurker said:

I mean, I'm glad you found comfort in the song, but Holy Yikes! You were in jail for 3 weeks for visiting your brother and having weed on you? :wtfga:

New Jersey cops are the worst (they tried saying I had enough to distribute when it was only enough for a bowl, but they eventually dropped that charge to just trespassing) and the Judge was not a very nice man. 

Edit: The RA on my brother's floor was working towards being a state trooper. Not sure if that played any role into me getting caught and how I was treated.

BillieGOAT

This gives a whole new meaning to the Applause lyrics “Put your hands up!” :smh:

Glad it all worked out in the end, that’s insane!!

David Ward
6 minutes ago, Eighteen said:

i'm so sorry but i found the image of all this to be almost funny :bradley: 

but seriously, wth, that is really ****ed up

It's all good! I always try to see the humor in things!

Archived