opinion

Plastic Doll is a Skip

The Edge Of Glory

Featured Posts

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Dukttapetoo said:

Which part do you think is an overreaction?

That it's a "scourge on her discography" :yennefer:

That's a highly preposterous and absurd statement.

1ec3cdae06931f65a055f02c95daa578.jpg

"I was protected by the monks of Azarath, I was raised by my friends. They are my family, this is my home and you are not welcome here."

14 minutes ago, Buddy Zen said:

My inseparable reaction everytime I hear it is literally this

5JL.gif

:bear:

But yet at the back of your mind I bet you find yourself pondering.. what is this saga :enigma:

It is a skip of course. Along with Fun Tonight, those are the weakest songs on the album tbh. And I’m surprised that Babylon is that low, I feel like it never went viral. 

6 minutes ago, Justin Drew Bieber said:

It’s my favorite song off the album 

What about the incomparable 1000 Doves :oprah:

RainingOnMe

I love Plastic Doll but I feel like some of the drums make it sound cheap (unless that was the purpose??) :laughga:

I love the progression, vocal stacking, harmonies, lyrics though. It's a great song but the instrumental should've hit harder and have more diverse sounds.

DonatellaPop
1 hour ago, GUI said:

one of the last places with Babylon and 1000 respectively...

THE

WHAT

https://blacklivesmatter.com/

LibraLove
1 hour ago, Enigma said:

My point : I don't think you understood ARTPOP if "cringey and campy" equates to ARTPOP in your mind

Plastic Doll is cringe period, and it doesn't have any ARTPOP vibes besides being superficial, which is reminescent of Donatella in a way. But Donatella was satire, Plastic Doll is not. So Plastic Doll is ACTUALLY cringe. 

Not all kinds of camp are the same. ARTPOP was grandiose, Plastic Doll is... whatever it is.

I look at Plastic Doll in the same lyrical sense as Britney Spears' "Lucky" and then it makes sense to me. I don't think it's superficial in any way.

Archived